Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch games are you buying?

Go down 
+10
gjones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 18:12

Certainly is and likes of Snake Pass at the end of the month for £17, might be worth a punt.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 22:04

I still have a close eye on Snipperclips & Has-been Heroes which are out in March as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 22:26

Skimming over Mas being Wrong As F***, I might well be adding RMX to my haul. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 22:49

RMX ain't my kind of game, I'm afraid. You'll only be losing an online whipping boy, lads. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 8:44

Balladeer wrote:
Skimming over Mas being Wrong As F***, I might well be adding RMX to my haul.  We shall see.

Nah mate but I have had since about 1995 all these options of games, I think if I was always just Nintendo then I feel I might have some different thoughts on it as I would know nothing different but even if the Switch does a Nintendo average of 70 million.

It won't get everything, Nintendo system will always be mainly a Nintendo playing system to me and why I buy & play them, which isn't a bad thing at all but if I had to make the hard choice then Nintendo would be what I would lose.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 11:29

I'm all about Snipperclips. I'll be getting all the download titles the Friday after launch, and seeing as I'm not gonna be spending a single waking moment on anything other than Zelda between the 3rd and the 10th anyway, this is looking like a very good launch lineup. Don't @ me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:22

Snipperclips goes up in my estimation every time I see it. Well up for snippy, clippy, trippy scissor-based problem solving. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:26

...and if you want to give the puzzling a break you can play some Versus modes.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 14:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
On the other hand, I would gladly drop XBox and Playstation for Nintendo, for mostly the same reasons you say. Much as I enjoy Souls, Mass Effect and the odd shooter if I had to choose between those and Zelda/ Mario games, it wouldn't even be a choice.

As a fan of all systems and having little money for games these days (and time!) I have settled for the compromise of a PS4 and a last-gen Nintendo system. Other than PES which I play online each week with my best mate (who lives 4 hours away), I've not found another game to hook me in (like a Zelda or Mario) and if Konami turned around and decided to stop making PES, I'd likely swap the PS4 for a Switch. The great thing about Nintendo systems is that they have game-y games. You're not getting the blockbuster, interactive movies or time-sinks with photo-realistic open worlds. There's also the fact that Nintendo games can actually be played with children around (something you'll start to appreciate more when becoming a parent) - all the games I actually want to play this year (such as Nioh or Yakuza) are too gory/sweary to play during the day so I'll probably pick them up in 12 months when they are half the price.

Another reason why I think Mas would drop Nintendo is that Mas, you play/buy a lot of games. Looking at how many games you go through, of course you wouldn't be satisfied by just Nintendo consoles. Has this always been the way? Did you have a PlayStation and an N64? Xbox 360 and a PS3? I owned a PS2, Xbox and Gamecube all at once (late teens, lots of time and expendable income!) and it meant I played a lot of games, but I think if I just had a Gamecube I'd have loved that system even more than I already do. I'd have probably played through Wind Waker and Metroid Prime; two titles I owned, played an hour of and promptly played something else. Those games are timeless classics and part of me regrets not experiencing them fully at the time - the same with the Wii (which I am rectifying).

I love PlayStation and Xbox systems and they all have great games, but Nintendo systems have great Nintendo games. There's something magical about a Nintendo game at its best and I think I'd drop Other Formats in favour of Nintendo if I had to. That's coming from somebody who doesn't even own a Wii-U or 3DS (or Switch) so that may mean little Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 14:27

Mas goes through a lot of games, but as his Wii U times showed he doesn't always spend a lot of time on them. I wonder if he, like me, has been spoiled by choice and secretly might actually be happier with only one machine?

P.S: Speaking about Mas in the third person like this makes me feel like an MP. Does the honourable gentleman agree that Sonic should go fast?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 15:45

The_Jaster wrote:
...and if you want to give the puzzling a break you can play some Versus modes.

This battle mode looks brutal I love it
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 23:19

Well what you're saying about Nintendo is true and why I love them as they make game-y games that are magical. I said this when talking Horizon and Zelda, I think Horizon will be better in lots of way but Zelda with have the better Gameplay and magic to it.

To answer about has this always been the way with multiple consoles, the years might be out but I think it would go like this of current systems at the time
1993 Mega Drive
1996 Mega Drive & PS1
1997 PS1 & N64
2000 PS1 & DC
2001 DC & PS2
2002 DC, PS2, CUBE & Xbox
2005 PS2, CUBE, Xbox 360
2006 PS2, Wii & Xbox 360
2007 PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
2012 PS3, Wii U
2013 PS4, Wii U & Xbox One
Now PS4 Pro, Switch

That's without handhelds and going back to retro systems like the SNES for instance, also having the shop/market stall wouldn't have helped. That likely Drunka is right that I would have been spoiled since 1996 along with my taste in games changing over the years, now I love story driven games but still want game-y games which I get from Nintendo.

On a lot of games front, the Wii U is a weird one to judge it by as I went through the phase of I'm going to collect all the Wii U games and I did play them all but I do find now it is like that meme as a kid not enough money to play games but all the time and now it's the other way around.

Yet if a game clicks then take MGSV, FFXV, Res Evil 7, Dis 2 all done in a matter of days and even Horizon people are going it is 50hrs long and you could platinum it rather easily in that time and I asked on Push Square how long the story is, with a reply of 20hrs but that's not the way you should play it, yet that's how I will.

Would I be happier with one machine who knows as I've always been looking at this month releases for instance as these are the games coming, just like these are the films coming. If I went one machine, then like I said the choice of a PS4 with more variety of blockbuster, interactive movies or time-sinks with photo-realistic open worlds and just a lot of content or a Switch with likely less variety but with more game-y games, it would be a hard one and both are different enough that can warrant having both of them.

Also if I ditched Nintendo couldn't talk to you lovely lot.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 14:44

Wow that's a lot of consoles.

I've owned each home playstation, but only picked one up at least a year after launch. A wii, but that wasn't really mine it was the fam's, and a wii u around the time splatoon came out.

I also picked up a GameCube to play fzero gx sometime in the 2010s, but that's literally it. The switch will be my first launch console, but the bloody nhs decided to book my mri scan on launch day DAMN YOU! !

I'm going to pick up snipperclips to play with my flatmates when I can.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 16:47

I think I've actually owned over 50 different consoles over the years, mainly due to the shop that's how I got my Virtual Boy and Jaguar for instance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 20:24

Anyone picking up Nier Automata this week? I totally forgot about it to be honest but seen all the reviews and dam it seems good, I also want to show Platinum some support as thier games don't sell well and after the whole Scalebound thing, that I think I'll be picking it up on Friday myself.

Continues to be a banger of a year though for most gamers.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 21:04

Jess is picking it up and keeps telling me I'm not allowed to play it first, which I think is bollocks.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 5:53

You'll only best it in the blink of an eye

DIGRESSION ALERT: Why is 'eye' specified in that phrase? Is there another body part that blinks? I suppose you could say that a car's indicator blinks... maybe that's it. From now on, I will be saying "in the blink of an indicator".*

and then run the risk of accidentally blurting out spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 16:23

Nier Automata is definitely on the list of PS4 games I'm gonna bash through in 2020. Nice bum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 17:06

Drunkalilly wrote:
Nier Automata is definitely on the list of PS4 games I'm gonna bash through in 2020. Nice bum.

You'll cave and get a PS4 before then for Spider-Man especially seeing Marvel are saying they want their games to win GOTY awards also I don't see you picking up a Scorpio.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 21:29

You're probably right, to be fair. If Spidey reviews really well and/ or I get a much better job. The only reason I'd buy a Scorpio is if they went and made Halo 6 an exclusive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 6:39

I think Spidey will get 8+ reviews as Insomniac are a decent developer and by the time it comes out in likely 2018, how much is a used Phat PS4 (Sold mine for £150 in 2016) going to be anyway, not very much I would think.

I wouldn't bet against Halo 6 being exclusive for Scorpio / PC, like Jas said in our chat about it, MS could muddy the waters with what is and what isn't a Scorpio game.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 17:21

I'm sure Spider-Man will be an 8/10 videogame but I have very high standards frommy Spider-Men. I remain hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 22:06

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Jess is picking it up and keeps telling me I'm not allowed to play it first, which I think is bollocks.
Have you got the Plat yet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 5:34

No, but I have played it through once (though so has she, now the real problem arrives as I'm going to fly past her Laughing )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:04

I'm yet to even start it or Horizon really as I wrapped up what I wanted to in Zelda and just not felt like playing anything last few days.

Here again as next weekend on Sunday, April will be going up. Going from a month with some very highly rated games and new console, April will always seem a little underwhelming yet right at the start we get the only real stand out, a bunch of GOTY type versions and a remaster which literally no one asked for along with some ports to various systems including the Switch of Wii U games, 3D Platforming returns and Namco have a bash at a indie-like game from a big publisher.

Name ideas on a postcard or here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch games are you buying?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next