Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch games are you buying?

Go down 
+10
gjones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 23:31

masofdas wrote:
Am I seriously the only one getting Horizon, is it because it is basically the same day as Zelda or you just not interested in it?

A little of column A, a little of column B - Zelda will be taking up all of my time, but hearing that's it's basically a Ubisoft open-world hasn't helped matters either. I'm pretty burnt out on Ubi's brand of open-world games and a similar style of game doesn't whet my appetite right now. It'll be one I'll go back to during a release lull, methinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 6:14

I've not seen a single review really bring up Ubisoft open world games, I've seen a few Witcher 3s being brought up as Horizon is a Action -RPG.

I've also seen some say it's the best PlayStation exclusive since The Last of Us which is high praise indeed seeing since we've had Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Nioh for instance that I can't wait to play it but also annoyed Zelda and it are on top of each other as for me they like awfully similar.

Can't wait to findout which one is better, I reckon Horizon will have the better story, voice acting and possibly combat but Zelda will likely have the better pure gameplay.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 10:04

masofdas wrote:
I've also seen some say it's the best PlayStation exclusive since The Last of Us which is high praise indeed seeing since we've had Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Nioh for instance

Gravity Rush 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 15:14

I wasn't going to name every PlayStation Console exclusives since 2013 OR, as I'll be here all day as just this year so far (including March) we've had just at retail over 19 games.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 16:34

Yeah I know it's just the best one Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:10

masofdas wrote:
I've not seen a single review really bring up Ubisoft open world games, I've seen a few Witcher 3s being brought up as Horizon is a Action -RPG.

Videogamer's review mentioned that, and also they brought up that you climb up tower-sized dinosaurs to survey the area and uncover some of the map. Sounds familiar...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:13

It does but if it's taken maybe the good bits from #shitubisoftgameforwankers and bits from Witcher, Fallout and Mass Effect (the last two are based on people they hired) then you've got a highly acclaimed game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:17

I wouldn't say the endless tower climbing to uncover the map was a good bit from Ubi's style of open-world game...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:22

I don't play them as thier #shitubisoftgamesforwankers
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 23:02

...Beyond Good and Evil is a Ubisoft game Mas. Don't you like that game Mas? Are you a wanker, Mas? Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 0:28

masofdas wrote:
I don't play them as thier #shitubisoftgamesforwankers

That hashtag is definitely not as snappy as #Fuckonami but anyway good to see Thor's third brother show up again. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 7:15

#shitintractablehashtagsforwankers

I still think H0D looks good, but let's face it: it's going to be blown out of the water by Zelda. AS IT SHOULD BE.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:56

Ubisoft are the second best publisher after Nintendo 🐰
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 11:07

I've always really enjoyed the games they put out as well & they even seem to be pulling away a bit from their normal open world designs, watchdogs 2 having no towers to climb for example so yeah still don't get why folk hate them so much.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:07

JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't say the endless tower climbing to uncover the map was a good bit from Ubi's style of open-world game...

I enjoyed those sections! At least when it was 2 / Brotherhood anyway
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:28

@Jay Michel Ancel mate, which Ubisoft can be let off for

@Balla I really don't think it will be, I feel it will be very close and one doing something like the VO in Horizon much better. The big thing to take from it is, it is only March and you have those two along with a bunch of other decent games already with likes of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Super Mario Odyssey still to come.

It's just a cracking year for games, especially if Microsoft pull their finger out as well.

@OR second best has to be Sony, just this year alone proves it with Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Horizon already and them taking risks & still funding like of The Last Guardian.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:00

I'll give you that for the likes of Gravity Rush and Uncharted. I think all three put out some quality games every year Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:22

Can we just all enjoy the games we enjoy and leave the consoles wars to 15-year-old neckbeards and evil megacorporations?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:28

I said that to my reply to Balla that 2017 will be a cracking year for games, just by the end of March.

I still can however have opinion that H game might be better than Z game and certain company needs to really pull their finger out and about other doesn't put out that many good games.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
Can we just all enjoy the games we enjoy and leave the consoles wars to 15-year-old neckbeards and evil megacorporations?

PREACH! MA BROTHALILLY! PREACH!

*Plays all dem Konami & Ubi games*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 19:03

Drunkalilly wrote:

No.  

DOWN WITH FONY AND M$, ALL HAIL NINTENDO, THE ONLY MORAL PROPER CHOICE FOR THE DISSERNING GAMER, ONLY SJWS AND ANITA SARKEEEZEEEEZEEEZEEAN PLAY ALL ALL CONSOLES BOOOOOO

Or something like that. Without CVG I just don't have the exposure to the really vile haters and fanboys that I used to. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:25

I know it was a joke Balla but I was thinking since the GBA, I've bought every Nintendo console day one and some like the 3DS, I've bought 6 versions off and this (March) month alone I'm spending over £600 (Switch, Zelda, Amiibo, Accessories, Guide, Artbook) without whatever percentage Nintendo gets from me buying I Am Setsuna.

If I had to make the choice of a current generation system from any company and I was only allowed that one system for the whole generation, Nintendo would be my last choice as I feel not having a Nintendo system, I would miss just Nintendo's games yet if I was to miss the PS4 or 5 or whatever I feel I would miss all the games.

It's just a odd thought that Nintendo is the company, I will spend the most money on and get the most excited about, yet would be the one I would give up if I had to.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:30

On the other hand, I would gladly drop XBox and Playstation for Nintendo, for mostly the same reasons you say. Much as I enjoy Souls, Mass Effect and the odd shooter if I had to choose between those and Zelda/ Mario games, it wouldn't even be a choice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:35

I agree the big games on Nintendo would likely be better but even if the Switch for instance had the equivalent to the 3DS and Wii U combined, I still think games would still be fairly well spread out with some duff games in the mix still like a Mario Tennis and not a lot of choice besides RPGS which don't me wrong I like but I feel I would miss so much more.

It feels like it would be a choice of two 9-10's a year or like ten 7-8's a year, with the ten games being a more of a mixture of genres, that I would go for the quantity and variety.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:41

I shall be adding Shovel Knight: Spectre of Torment alongside my purchases of the Switch & BotW - what a cracking start to the Switch launch that is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch games are you buying?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next