We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2018, 10:52

Unlocked the whole cast last night; ready to give everyone a fair crack as in looking to increase my playstyles
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2018, 18:54

The_Jaster wrote:
Here's mine

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 DrRX_p3XcAA4277

Now that I've played the game a fair bit now I am changing a few of these, so I'm dropping Piranha plant since I haven't played him yet and Incineroar who isn't really bad but not really my cup of tea and replacing them with Inkling and Zelda.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptySat 15 Dec 2018, 22:34

Well, as for mine...

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 K7jzikY

...I think I'll be swapping Isabelle for K.Rool and Falcon for Ganondorf.

I'm still working through WoL, but I seriously need to shout out some of those self-contained dungeon areas away from the main overworld. A fair few of them have genuinely impressed me! WoL as a whole has impressed me, although I do agree that some of the fights have had me tearing my hair out.

Namely Dr. Wily alongside 9-Volt. Both fights were just awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptySat 15 Dec 2018, 22:53

Oh you know how I thought I was nearly done with WoL? Nope, I have lots more to do......

A big boss spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018, 20:43

I haven't even started WoL yet! I'm still trying to Classic Mode my way through all the doods first. I always do this, I'm like that bloody Slowpoke meme*.

*Is that in WoL?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018, 21:12

I've held off WoL a bit myself mainly because I like unlocking characters the classic way so I'm trying to take little breaks from it to keep the unlocks more interesting.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018, 23:49

The_Jaster wrote:
Oh you know how I thought I was nearly done with WoL? Nope, I have lots more to do......

A big boss spoiler:

Yeah, I'm staggered by how this mode keeps going on! What's great is that at every point that I feel it's starting to overstay its welcome, it puts forwards a really creative fight or a cool take on an area to draw me back on.

Boss Chat:

One other thing I'm enjoying is the fact that each Classic Mode seems to be themed in some way or even linking into the fighter's main games themselves, like Mega Man scrapping with rough copies of the Robot Masters. Top stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018, 01:36

More boss chat:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018, 05:38

I haven't unlocked a single of my mains in the world of light and it's starting to get slightly annoying
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 23:11

Some of them come really really late in World of Light by the way, so you might be waiting a while...

I polished off WoL tonight. Overall, it was a fun mode but I did feel it was overstaying its welcome in the last few hours of gameplay. There was some clear fat to be trimmed off that mode, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018, 23:29

I also beat WoL and I can only agree as even the final battle drags on a little bit (it does have some very cool moments though) more than I would have liked.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018, 00:12

I just did Rathalos. I wish Id been on better spoiler avoidance as that part would have blown my knob off.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018, 13:21

Totally biased but Rathalos is easily the best boss in the game, it is just executed so well and the items that drop for you to use during it are perfect!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018, 18:39

The_Jaster wrote:
Totally biased but Rathalos is easily the best boss in the game...

Biased? You? Naaaaaaaaah. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018, 20:50

Still, it's such a well made fight which stays true to the MH series and also makes me think a 2d monster hunter game could definitely work.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 14:48

Totally unbiased but Rathalos is the best boss fight in the game Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 15:30

I think I prefer Dracula, all told! Battling him with one of the Belmonts feels so close to an actual Castlevania game, so that's a big tick in the success column in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 15:41

I'm on the actual final boss in WoL. I agree with Jay, it's a good mode but there's too much of it. There's a touch of Nintendo magic in many of the stages, but towards the end that magic starts to dry up. Mechanically its arrive than sub space emissary, but light years behind in terms of humor; there's no captain falcon making a grand entrance by plowing over hundreds of pikmin here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 17:47

I agree with that - I do miss the scenes with each character interacting with one another. I get that Sakurai wanted to take that animation budget and use it for the character reveal trailers instead, but like you said Muss, it does make WoL feel a bit dry by comparison to the SSE.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 21:20

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I prefer Dracula, all told! Battling him with one of the Belmonts feels so close to an actual Castlevania game, so that's a big tick in the success column in my eyes.

That is a great one as well, though I haven't fought him with a Belmont yet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 21:22

I'm 99% sure I'm getting for Christmas, what's the best way to unlock characters? Is it via WoL which is what I'll mainly be playing being more of a solo gamer but I will pop online now and again, which leads me to ask who's decent?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 21:42

masofdas wrote:
I'm 99% sure I'm getting for Christmas, what's the best way to unlock characters? Is it via WoL which is what I'll mainly be playing being more of a solo gamer but I will pop online now and again, which leads me to ask who's decent?

It depends on how quickly you want them tbh, in WoL it's slow but I got a bit of joy out of discovering where a character was but certain characters do arrive super late in the mode. Just playing Smash mode versus a person or cpu is quickest as a challenger will approach every 10 mins or so.

mas wrote:
which leads me to ask who's decent?

Hmmm.......this depends on what you like in a smash fighter.

All the newcomers are pretty much safe bets apart from Isabelle as in my book she isn't one you can just pick up and play well, all the Links are pretty strong (Young Link is my favourite of those) as are most of the Fire Emblem Sword bois/gals. Also I would recommend going out of your usual fighter comfort zone as for example I never used to be one for the ranged fighters but I love Zelda and Palutena.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 21:47

I'm in no real panic to get them and I'll "finish" WoL which is fine if that's how I get them all in the end.

I never played 4 enough and can't remember who I was good with in Melee that I'd like just drift to Link, Snake, Belmont, Chrom or someone from a series I like.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 21:54

That seems like the best way to do it. I'm just going to play with the characters* I want to be good with until I'm decent with them.

*Ridley.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018, 22:10

masofdas wrote:
I'm in no real panic to get them and I'll "finish" WoL which is fine if that's how I get them all in the end.

I never played 4 enough and can't remember who I was good with in Melee that I'd like just drift to Link, Snake, Belmont, Chrom or someone from a series I like.

That's a good line up.

Baubleadeer wrote:
That seems like the best way to do it.  I'm just going to play with the characters* I want to be good with until I'm decent with them.

*Ridley.

You'll always get an unlock when you are done playing WoL as well so you still get them at a decent pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 15 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next