We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 22:25

I dont think that theme appears until OoT? Just tick off Link's Crossbow Training or something.

Some thoughts:
Celeste's music is great so any excuse works for me.
If Mas hadn't posted Taylor Davis I would have done.
Smooth McGroove is a laugh but he doesn't often add much to the song for my money.
That one from Cappa, though, that was the absolute business! Amazing stuff.

Day 20: Music From A Racing Game

The other big F-Zero track is also an all-time banger in every incarnation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 0:07

Day 19: Cover by a different artist

Had to do a bit of research for this category but it's worth doing as there's some really nice gaming covers out there and I like that there's a day dedicated to them. I had to think of a song I think I'd like to hear in a different style and I initially thought a metal version of this would sound really good but in the end it was this chilled acoustic version that won me over.

I was on the acapella hype last time...:

I'm cool with Balla's interpretation of the rules here, so much so I nearly did the same thing and chose Mariachi Madness from Rayman Legends but too slow. Castle Rock is of course a cracking choice, one of my favourite gaming memories is playing that level for the first time, so unexpected.

The Smooth McGroove fella is really good but I also find it a little weird how he's managing to make it still sound so much like the originals, think I'll check out more though.

Day 20: Music from a Racing game

I'm picking one of my big childhood games for Racing day, Snowboard Kids had a very appropriate soundtrack in that every track felt like it captured the feeling of blasting down a snowy mountain (except the two or three levels which didn't feature snow).

My last one was a banger...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 0:20

I think I included that same Metroid cover in a metroid post in this thread years ago. Its so nice!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 8:57

Big Snowman is the best tune in all of Snowboard Kids, a great choice  Thumbs Up!

~

Day 20: Music from a Racing Game 

Presented without further comment, What's Your Name? from San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 9:44

I've said many a time that Forza Horizon 4 might be the best racing game and knowing you'd guys go Mario Kart etc

That I was always going to go for a track from FH4 and I've gone for one from Chvrches as they have songs in all the Forza Horizon games I believe, the lead song for Mirrors Edge Catalyst and a few in Death Stranding amongst other games.

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 10:33

That San Francisco Rush track is fun, good choice as ever Cappa.

The Chvrches track is fine but because it's just a song that you'd hear on the radio it doesn't really feel evocative of any kind of video game? Not that that's a bad thing, just interesting when listening to it in the context of OSTs.

I'm going to be very predictable and "go Mario Kart etc" because I haven't played many other racing games:

Speaking of evocative, this track from Mario Kart DS screams pinball machine!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 11:19

Cannae throw that "I knew you guys would go for obvious stuff" shade after picking Halo, Sonic The Hedgehog and Final Fantasy VII and then topping it off with a song by Chvrches, one of the most successful Scottish bands of the last ten years. 

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 11:34

Chvrches are good so clearly British Winky Face
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 13:26

Time to catch up again!:

Day 20 - Music from a racing game

I thought about this one for a while as there are many great racing games boasting quality soundtracks, and while the OutRun series is marketed as a "driving game", you're still racing against the clock. I went for the obvious in the end but not the original! OutRun2 as a game is perfect, and a big part of the game is choosing the music. Love a bit of Splash Wave, but Magical Sound Shower is just wonderful and takes me back to countless hours in the arcade hurling a Ferrari through the streets. Love it.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 14:58

gjones wrote:
Quote :
San Francisco Rush - Didn't expect this! I can see why you didn't comment, but favourite music in a racing game? I'm surprised.

It's definitely not my favourite! I was just pissing about with San Francisco Rush a couple of weeks ago and remembered how daft that tune was. My favourite might have been Magical Sound Shower.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 20:56

I really haven't played many racing games - outside of Mario Kart (7/8 games) and F-Zero (3 games), I've played a grand total of two.  So yep, you bet I'm picking Mario Kart.

Perhaps not the one you thought though!  Like any GBA game, Super Circuit's soundset has been a victim of time; but it'll always hold a special place in my heart for being the first Mario Kart where I really listened to the music.  Sky Garden's my favourite, a lovely chirpy piece with some nice key changes.  They absolutely stuffed the music in the remix though - I can't bear the sounds they used!  Which is odd considering what I can bear from the GBA...

Love you Jay. Winky Face

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 20 Aug 2020 - 21:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 21:13

Sorry, bit brief, racing game, Micro Machines!

Yeah! Fond memories of this with the family.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 22:00

PLINKY PLINKY PLINK PLONK. That's iconic, that is. I'm not sure it's to my taste, but you wouldn't mix it up with anything else!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 23:11

Youse were playing the wrong version of Micro Machines, Jimbob! 

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 23:23

For all that the Mega Drive version has very obvious blast processing, I actually prefer the SNES tune...!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 23:29

Day 21: Music You Associate with Frustration

This boss took me like a bazillion tries. I finally beat it by turning this music off and listening to Taylor Swirft instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 23:55

Interesting on my pick Forza Horizon 4 but how the game plays you have your radio stations with one being pulse fm which you'll find my pick.

And the twitter question is Video Game Music not Original Soundtracks, and it is music in a Video Game.

Anyway moving on I was thinking Souls something but wouldn't know what tune, so

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyFri 21 Aug 2020 - 10:00

masofdas wrote:
Interesting on my pick Forza Horizon 4 but how the game plays you have your radio stations with one being pulse fm which you'll find my pick.

And the twitter question is Video Game Music not Original Soundtracks, and it is music in a Video Game.

Nobody was saying it wasn't, just that it seemed a little incongruous considering it doesn't sound very video gamey! I know that using 'real people' songs in video games isn't unusual.

Day 21: Music you associate with frustration

This is the last megamix in Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise featuring every rhythm game on the disc as well as some bits from tutorials and credits too. It has a fakeout at the end which - the first time you play it - can be really annoying if you fluff it! I have never gotten a perfect on it as just managing to complete it was enough for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyFri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:27

I was nowhere near good enough at Beat The Beat to get anywhere close to the Final Megamix. Watching your video reminded me how frustrated and stuck I got at quite a few of those individual bits, like the aeroplane badminton rally and the monkey going round the clock. OOFT.

EDIT: Can't believe Balladeer wasted Mario Kart Super Curcuit on yesterday's topic when we've all to post Credits Music at the end of the month!

EDIT EDIT: 'Wasted' is a bit harsh, Sky Garden is still all right  Thumbs Up!

~

Day 21: Music You Associate With Frustration

First thing that sprung to mind was the Castle Centre music from Castlevania on the Nintendo 64:

I typed a big review of Castlevania a few months ago, and there was a paragraph where I complained about a really off-putting and annoying section. Here's what I said:

I wrote:
There’s this really obnoxious bit slap-bang in the middle of the game, where you’ve got to blow up some walls with Magical Nitro and Mandragora. Sounds simple enough, but you immediately explode if you get hit by an enemy, or collide with any object, or fall off a ledge, or even jump at all. To transport the Magical Nitro then, you’ve got to slowly walk around these massive, hazardous sections of the level where enemies are launching themselves at you, as well as dive under falling spikes, squeeze in between moving gears and balance across narrow platforms like it’s some sort of Transylvanian version of Super Monkey Ball. On top of that, the game never explains how you actually select and lay down this nitro or detonator, not at all. Oh! And there’s backtracking too. It’s infuriating stuff, and I wondered if other gamers had picked up on this utter nonsense. Turns out they had; in fact, Angry Video Game Nerd tore shreds into Castlevania 64 in one of his earlier episodes, and this level was his main focus. 

This is the music from that section. I'm not saying it's the best tune that'll be posted in this thread, but it's different for my usual tastes and it's suitably atmospheric.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyFri 21 Aug 2020 - 20:18

Cappa wins the battle of the Micro Machineses for me.  That's a blast-processing groove and a half.  Also: I couldn't remember the Super Circuit credits.  They're pretty groovy, but hardly the series' best!

I'm not sure whether today's still meant to be music we like?  Oftentimes getting frustrated in a game is a great way for me not to like the associated music...

Frustration:

Ah, Overcooked.  Bane and salve to my co-operative gaming life.  You're great, but also, I hate you.  OC1 has better music than 2 I'd say, and this lovely chirpy tune plays as you're SLIDING OFF A BLOODY ICE FLOE INTO THE WATER AGAIN Hissy fit Beats out today's challenger due to actually being a good tune...

The challenger:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptyFri 21 Aug 2020 - 21:45

I had to rush yesterday's, so thoughts on the last 2 days of stuff:

• I love how Smooth McGroove's cat seems to love being with him even when he's got to do the front paws dance. Pippin doesn't even like "I stroked you because you rubbed against my leg I thought you wanted to say hello you fucking mental"
  • Wow, that Snowboard Kids music took me back. There was one period where my whole family played that every weekend. Although apparently tricks were considered "cheating".
  • San Francisco Rush - er...
  • Dark Souls III - I was also frustrated by that guy, but probably only a bit more than a lot of the other things. Plus every Dark Souls boss music sounds like that to me anyway
  • Rhythm Heaven - I was never going to get a perfect on that level; luckily at the time my sister and I were under the same roof, and she's a bloomin' genius
  • Overcooked - OH WOW IT'S THE TRAVELMAN INTRO MUSIC

My frustratey one:

Ice Man from the original Mega Man

Whenever there's a classic series, I insist on starting from the first one. Hence I've played the worst Uncharted - twice - but not any of the others really, I've never braved a Final Fantasy, and, in this case, I have to give thanks to Capcom for fixing a lot of mistakes from their first game. The music is excellent in the original Mega Man, but a lot of the levels are so so unfair - and Ice Man is the worst (except for the Wily levels).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 0:28

Buskalilly wrote:
I finally beat it by turning this music off and listening to Taylor Swirft instead.

Cos the sun I'm gonna praise praise praise praise praise
And the king has got no name name name name name
I'm just gonna slay slay slay slay slay
Slay this boss, slay this boss

Day 21: Music you associate with Frustration
Ahem... I tell you what's frustrating, trying to think of music for this day, I've probably tried to block out frustrating moments in gaming and with it their music. Going back to the almost dried up well and sharing some Sonic music again, this level in particular isn't that frustrating but it's a water level and whenever there's the chance I might hear the low air music I'm bound to feel a little uneasy and yes I could have just shared that music but nobody wants to hear that.

Last time I was frustrated by...:

Day 22: Town/Village Music
This was a tough one to pick for completely different reasons, Town/Village music is always the pinnacle in gaming music. HGSS is up there with the best of them as well. There was plenty I could have chose from those games, I've opted for Ecrutek City in the end as I feel it's the most memorable. I might be wrong in this but I'm sure it was used in the anime too and remember loving hearing it there too.

My last pick deserves a listen!:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 10:02

Town music you say?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 10:57

Mega Man music has always been pretty good, and while I think it takes a leap in MM2 Jim's still got a decent pick.  Is there slidey traction?  Because slidey traction in ice levels has never not been frustrating.

Gah Smurf! DAMN YOU! I was saving up Ho-Oh for a future week!  Ecruteak is HGSS' second best tune though, so no qualms there.  Hydrocity is okay, but Hateno really is a lovely pick.  Very 'small town chill', and a reminder that for all of BotW's big empty world, it perhaps did small towns as well as most Zeldas too.

Mas' pick is a bit funkier than I expected from Silent Hill.

I'd already used XC2 so sadly couldn't pick Torigoth, so this'll have to do.  Lovely chirpy music... with an undercurrent.  Perhaps only works in context?  But I don't think you need the context to know that something's gone, or going, very wrong here.  It's not my favourite town music, but it makes me feel in a way not many others among them do. The chills...

Other competitors for this spot were Monster Boy's cheery cheery town music or my favourite pick from Sword/Shield.  Sadly Rum has again screwed us out of something glorious.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 12:13

Balladeer wrote:
Hydrocity is okay

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 DQdcDKEVQAAis4E

~

Day 22: Town/Village Music

I found the OPM demo for this the other day! It's the Village of All Beginnings from Tombi! on the PlayStation.

I'd love to have this in my collection, but it's just always been too expensive. Cracking platform/RPG game from what I remember though - if he had a PSone, this would be Balladeer's favourite game for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 25 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next