We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 14:18

Even if Bug Snax turns out to be an absolute shiter, I'll be so happy if it brings Kero Kero Bonito to more people. They're a group of foreigners who met in Japan (I can't remember if they were born here or moved here as kids or what) and they make the weirdest, most joyfully chaotic music. Check out Lipsmack, Trampoline or Flamingo. Sounds of the summer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 15:44

Wiki says they're from London, so not much help on that front.

I never heard of them to Bugsnax which was a bit of meme for a week or two
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 19:35

Balladeer wrote:
and Rum dunking on someone for sniping him.  Of all people.  Rum. Suspect

The difference here being that I did one post about it where I didn't criticise his actual choice and have no intention of shitting on about it for several posts afterwards! I'm not coming to your Undertale wedding.

Day 26: Music you like from a game you haven’t played

DDR Mario Mix is, to my knowledge, pretty much exclusively remixes of tunes from the Mario series. I've picked one from rarely-spoken-about Wario World rather than one of the bigger ones. Saxy!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 19:50

Joke's on you, it's going to be great. Papyrus will be officiating.

That music is the pick of today! Tremendous stuff. Mostly because it's a funkier version of this and whatever it's based on.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 21:02

I'm chuffed you guys liked the FFXIV track - I was genuinely fretting about which track to use for that game and where and I hoped it would make a good impression as I really think that game has a top tier OST and I wanted to show it in a good light. Sounds like I succeeded! I'll do my listening round-up for your previous efforts later on tonight as I've got a PS4 session arranged with the Crumpster coming up, but here's my effort for today!

Day 26: Music You Like From A Game You Haven't Played

The original NIER isn't as well thought of as its sequel, Automata, but I'm a big fan of many of its tracks despite having never played it. I enjoy this track a lot - it avoids the pitfalls of, as Jimbob mentioned, cloyingly earnest RPG lyrics by having the song sung in a made up language which is designed to be a language that could exist thousands of years in the future as our present day languages warp and merge together. I love the harmonies with the two vocalists and the smooth piano in the background - gives me vibes of being a bar or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 21:56

Wowsers - being three days behind is difficult. I've not been able to get my thoughts together so good on these

• I forgot the Lylat Wars Corneria theme is also a banger in a completely different way. There's got to be a way to sort out Starfox, we need more of this
  • BUT FOR OKAMI YOU PICK SHINSHUU FIELD THAT IS THE RULE YOU PICK SHINSHUU FIELD
  • I've complained about lyric-y game music before if it's a bit too earnest, so there were a couple of nopes in there - but this Bugsnax thingy really might be huge. I hope it all turns out good.

Also, surprising, as we get towards the end of this, how may games haven't featured. I've not actually picked that many Nintendo ones myself - I think I'm trying to be a bit more obscure (after I picked Link To The Past and Mario 64 Shifty )

Right
Day 24: Stuck in my head

No Quarter from Thimbleweed Park
This is the only song that KSCUM radio plays. I'm fine with that - this has, away from the PC, gone round my head for like an hour. They also recorded a version with lyrics

Day 25: Pumpy music
The correct answer is of course Guile's Theme. Everyone knows that. But that's too obvious, and I think SFII is accounted for, so here's the robot equivalent

The main theme from One Must Fall 2097
Surprisingly forgotten now, this was a 1-on-1 fighter made using a similar pre-rendered-sprite system to Donkey Kong Country, by some guys called Epic MegaGames. Whatever happened to them? Hey guys, get your own rendering engine!
Oh.

Day 26: Never played it
Oh boy, this one needs more research... it would've been Celeste I guess!
In that case - because I've not played it yet (thanks Breath of Fire)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 - its version of Gourmet Race
A lot of the KDL3 arrangements have a lot of imagination in them, given that it wasn't that long ago the originals were made.
Phew did it - any picked a Nintendo one.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 00:52

Jim, those were all fun picks. I'm actually really vibing with tha One Shall Stand tune even if the game looks a bit Rise of the Robots.
Jay, I've heard wonderful things about the Nier soundtracks. I want to play both eventually.
Rum, of course a game called Dance Dance Mario Megamix has belters.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 08:54

Some smooth calypso from Jay; followed by the one song from Thimbleweed Park I actually remember (that game still makes me roll my eyes a bit), a surprise banger, and... well, Gourmet Race.  How appropriate that Jim's 'Phew did it - any picked a Nintendo one' would be for unplayed day. Laughing Also for Okami the second correct answer is actually the sapling restoration theme, which is also... 'pumpy'.

As for overly earnest lyrics, my brain's pretty good at filtering them out I think.

Day 27: Music from a Handheld Game

What I probably should have used for Cover Day:

Nobody's got AAT&T yet?  Balla swooping in for that one!  It was either 3 or 6, and everybody's been posting the dramatic courtroom themes, so here's something more chill - completely unlike somebody with 27 coffees in his veins should be.  Up there with the best prosecutors is Godot.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 27 Aug 2020, 08:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 08:57

What happened to the remaster of Nier Replicant seems to have disappeared, as I'd like to give it a play as Nier Gestalt isn't that cheap or backwards compatible.

Anyway for handheld day
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 10:37

Day 27: Music from a handheld game

I like this one from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks because of the repeating "psshh, psshh, psshh" of the steam trains combined with classique Zelda drama.

Jimbob, all excellent picks. You get the top banana.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 20:02

I've played Mario Mix on the GameCube but had no memories of that song. Really good stuff, nice one!

~

Day 27: Music From A Handheld Game

Have The Legendary Theme (Acoustic) from Gitaroo Man Lives on the PSP:

It's the same game as the PS2 one, and that video wasn't captured from a PSP for sure, but bugger it, youse like acoustic stuff, don't youse?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 21:01

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen an accoustic guitar ballad on a "music game" before...

My handheld game music is:

Tarm Ruins from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
It's not even a piece of dungeon music! It's the overworld!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 22:54

OH BOY IT'S CATCH UP TIME:

Day 24: Music constantly stuck in your head

Not many games do I immediately think of the music as soon as I hear their name, but Crazy Taxi is one. Sing with me now: "YAR YAR YAR YAR!"

Day 25: Music that gets you pumped

"HOO-HAH" I dream of the day a nightclub just plays the GTA3 radio stations. The music is SOOO good, and while I can agree that Vice City is where the series peaked musically (and I'm a big rap fan, so San Andreas appealed) but GTA3 was my jam. It basically has all the best tunes from Scarface, despite Vice City being "Scarface the game". I would hook up my minidisc player to the PS2 and park my car somewhere, to just listen to the music and record it to the minidisc so I could shove it in my blazer pocket and vibe to Amy Holland on the bus to school. Giorgio Moroder has some incredible music in his catalogue, but the Flashback FM tracks are up there with the best.

Day 26: Music from a game you haven't played

Nier: Automata needs to be played but my only experience of it is this PS4 theme I downloaded. Not even sure it's in the game, but it's hypnotic and catchy. Perfect music for spending hours on the PSN store deciding what to buy.

IK+ was a game I played on the Amiga at a friend's house when I was young, and it's basically early Nidhogg. Proper precise fighting game, but the music was exceptional for the time. It had a solid GBA port so I'm throwing it in here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 23:45

As threatened promised, some catch up thoughts from yer boy including the much desired "MOYLES PICK OF THE DAY" award:

Day 18: Tracks from the Year You Were Born:

Day 19: Covers:

Day 20: Racing Games:

Right, I'm getting a bit worn out with all the tunes, so I'll do another catch-up dump tomorrow. For now...

This is certainly a Castlevania track through and through, but that's not to disparage it in any way - it's a great track and sounds even better when you don't have to hear "CHARLOTTE! JONATHAN! CHARLOTTE! JONATHAN!" getting shouted over it ad nauseum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 00:57

Day 26: Music from a game you haven't played

I've played the demo but that doesn't count right? I do actually have this and it's on my soon to play list so thought it would be a good choice to help convince me even more, standard epic RPG stuff but also managing to sound a little Mario Galaxy-esque.

My previous pick was...:

Hey! Do you wanna feel super chill? Listen to this from Soul Bubbles on the DS, nothing fancy but it's got a nice tribal vibe to it you don't hear enough in gaming.

Last time I was super predictable:

Day 28: Music that makes you nostalgic

If there's one moment people remember from the Red Dead Redemption games this is it, the music is great in this anyway, incredibly atmospheric throughout but when this kicks in as you ride down to Mexico it instantly became a powerful moment and really helped set the tone for the rest of the story.

I remember picking this like it was 2 months ago...:

In an example of an almost complete lack of effort on my part I'm just gonna highlight a few of my favourites from the last few days:

The Phoenix Wright tracks are all great, for a game that's all about the excellent wrighting it sure has some brilliant music.

Loved the Gitaroo Man track, that was actually my first ever experience of the game,I'd never so much as seen a screenshot before now, I can see why it's so highly regarded though if that's the kind of output.

I've never played Crazy Taxi but that song takes me back to that time really well, felt like something from the Tony Hawk games. Really liked the Ik+ music, I find it very hard to believe that was on the Amiga based on that.

Windy Hill Zone music is brilliant and absolutely doesn't deserve to be on Lost World which I'm fairly sure was rubbish. Okami track is great as you'd expect, one of my favourite game soundtracks for sure and the Pokken one is a banger of the highest quality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 10:59

Right you need to listen to these to together

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 12:07

26 and before:

27:

28:

I think I said way back when Buska picked the original Hotel Dusk that that game's music is just pure concentrated nostalgia.  Last Window pulls a lot of the same tricks, so it works the same way.  I don't really remember many of the tracks, so it almost feels like I'm hijacking somebody else's nostalgia?  Here's one I do remember.  Who could predict that recapping events would feel so tense?

On another note, since there are 31 days in this month, I'm going to suggest that we try something not on the list for the 31st day.  I've got a very simple idea for that: Music from games you're surprised haven’t been picked this month.  Anyone game?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 12:26

I would be up for Day 31

I don't believe my P3P track is just on the Portable verison of Persona 3 but neither is Cappas. #BringSMTV2PS4
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 12:41

I was going to suggest Day 31: Sprinter from Super Hang On, where every body would post Sprinter from Super Hang On. We can do Balladeer's thing though.

~

Day 28: Music That Makes You Feel Nostalgic

I'm picking music from a game I'm surprised hasn't been picked this month, because it's truly the ultimate music game. Enjoy Hair Scare from Parappa The Rapper 2:

I can't think about the three Parappa The Rapper games without them immediately taking me back to my younger days. The first one in 1997 just seemed like the coolest thing ever to me, and I played that OPSM demo over and over before getting a copy of my own. I've still got that OPSM issue and demo, and I re-read the review a few weeks back just to feel nostalgic again. Um Jammer Lammy (the spinoff) makes me think about renting games at Blockbuster and sitting on the edge of my bed with my primary school mates and aiming for the Cool ranking on the harder stages, as well as to GameStation's BOGOF deal where I eventually got it. Parappa The Rapper 2 takes me back to art class at academy, where my mates and I would shout things like "Cut the lettuce, sweep the floor!" in reference to that game's Toasty Buns level.

I looked ahead to the remaining challenge days and Parappa The Rapper immediately jumped out for a sound choice today. I ended up listening to all three soundtracks back-to-back. I could have picked anything to be honest, but I picked Hair Scare because I've had it stuck in my head for the last three days!

They're the best gaming soundtracks of all time, no debate.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 16:02

Laughing That definitely needs the context to be fully appreciated, but I'm laughing as I listen, so on some level it's still working!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 16:10

This is a licensed song, kind of, but the cover is unique to the game and the track is really heavily associated with this EBA level to me now.
I should probably pick up a copy Ouendan now that I live in Japan, huh . . .

Day 28: Music That Makes You Nostalgic

For a nostalgia pick, it had to be either Pokémon or Digimon, really, and the only Pokémon games I played young enough to fit the bill have already come up for previous days.
I think the fact that I haven't revisited it as much in the intervening years makes Digimon World much more nostalgic even than Pokémon
Blue, Silver or Snap or what have you. I guess that's true of Digimon compared to Pokémon on the whole.

And, as it's the 29th here in the land of the rising sun, and this is the one track I've been dying to use all month, my fingers painfully crossed that this game didn't get used . . .

Day 29: Final Boss Music

Epic. Exceptional. Quintessential. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 16:26

BUGGER.  I absolutely should've used an Ouendan 2 theme for licensed music day!  What's more, I reckon somebody would have got a laugh out of me picking a footie anthem.  But enough about me: that is a very good choice.  Sniffle.

Oh look, Digimon World has a good piece in it!  (side-eyes Jay)  And I can't pick 29 yet, but that's indisputably an epic choice.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 21:33

Quick-o-thoughts:

I totally agree about the GTAIII soundtrack - it's absolutely fantastic; the parodies intertwine with the real retro hits seamlessly.

Yes, that certainly is a Castlevania song!

I really like the Octopath music; I also only got as far as the demo. Did I even finish it? I fear I never will play this game, but I appreciate its existence.

WTF is Soul bubbles?

I have no real comments on anyone's nostalgia - it's automatically a good choice if it's the choice you made.

Damn your geographical location Summerhayes!

My nostalgic theme:

The opening to Microprose Grand Prix
Back in the early 90s I, along with my dad, was a massive F1 fan. In those days people used to overtake, and unlike today, they couldn't/wouldn't predict that they'd finish 7th after 2 hours of racing before the race had started. We'd played this game round my aunt and uncle's house, and this was the first game I bought when we finally had a PC. It had hot-seat multiplayer, so the AI took over your car when it wasn't your turn! Therefore we could play through 100%-length races and do things like homework/housework at the same time. Amazing. Although I have no idea what my mum and sister put up with!
Anyway - the music - I know it's crap, it's Not The Chain by Not Fleetwood Mac... good times, man.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020, 22:18

I can't imagine you getting anything out of Octopath Jim. Laughing I thought it was very flawed, indulging in some of the worst aspects of the genre; and I'm a pretty big JRPG fan. That Microprose music isn't bad given the era, and is probably pretty hummable with a few repetitions, but the graphics are hilarious! They've not aged so well, I fear.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020, 09:14

Did someone mention Kojima?

Is it the best boss fight no that's the one against Boss in Snake Eater (already used Snake Eater as well) but as the final one in the whole series this works so well.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 29 Aug 2020, 10:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 28 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 39  Next