We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Which box legendary is your favourite?
Shield's Zamazenta
Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Vote_lcap44%Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Sword's Zacien
Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Vote_lcap56%Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 1:13

Compared to the last 2 shiny I bred which were about 20 odd eggs, yeah, maybe my luck has run out.

But with the shiny charm and masuda method it's still a gamble
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 13:04

I've read that on average, with the shiny charm and a foreign ditto, it'll take 2-3 hours to breed each shiny. I haven't got any yet, but I'm only trying to get my boy
one of the new poks:
in between cycling around and looking for G-Max raids.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I just beat the Ice gym yesterday and have just decided to add Inkay (or his evolution whose name I’ve forgotten) and a Snom to my team replacing the lame fox & the Orbeetle that I didn’t need because who needs double psychic (though I am regretting it as Big Inkay is a bit shit)

Otherwise I’ve got a Corviknight, Greedent, Boltund and an Inteleon - good lads.

I’m still not LOVING it so far, feels like the journeys between town are quite short and simple, don’t feel like I’m on a particularly big adventure, but the new Pokemon are good, so I’ll keep pushing through. Hoping I’ll find some cool fireybois soon, what is life without some heat on your team?!

I think one of the bigger weaknesses of the game is the lack of trainer battles/challenge in any of the routes. There's certainly plenty of pokemon, but by the later gyms you can go from A to B in the blink of an eye. Then again, in my head all of the trainers on the routes in this game are actually secretly there to make sure that the gym challengers don't get lost, or that they come in for the save when you white out.

I used to have Orbeetle on my team too, but Centiskorch took its spot eventually.

The new pokemon are definitely some of the best since... ever? They really steal the show and make this worth playing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 20:08

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I’m still not LOVING it so far, feels like the journeys between town are quite short and simple, don’t feel like I’m on a particularly big adventure, but the new Pokemon are good, so I’ll keep pushing through. Hoping I’ll find some cool fireybois soon, what is life without some heat on your team?!

This is pretty correct.  Also: not a lot of new fireybois if I recall correctly, but those that there are a pretty good.

Real talk, fellas: Hop's theme is a Mario RPG battle theme, isn't it?  That riff at the beginning just screams it!

I've finished the postgame, by the way.  It felt rushed but fun, much like the game as a whole.  I'll do a top 'Mons list when I have more time, but it's been a very good generation on the new monster side of things.  I'd wager we have at least one to go too, after reading what Zacian and Zamazenta's naming convention is on Bulbapedia. Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2019 - 0:28

See, I have been absolutely loving this. It doesn't feel like a big adventure in the way some other games do, but it does capture the feeling of climbing through a sports league, with all the excitement and drama. As neither Balla or Andy is particularly into Wrestling or Fooball, I wonder if that hasn't landed as hard?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2019 - 3:18

Is it not like supporting a Manchester team though? Safe

Not like I’m training Sheffield Wednesday to be the GOAT
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2019 - 5:19

Its like supporting a club on the cusp of their first big title. There's an element of inevitability, but it feels good to get there anyway. My pal Joe at work is a lifelong Liverpool fan and although they're top tier and winning every game, they've always bottled it before so it is satisfying. Also, a couple of the gyms I only just scraped through, and I've been taking my time catching one of everything, so it doesn't feel like a total walk in the park.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 11:35

I definitely don't think it's as much of a walk in the park as people have been saying (but as noted I have been adding and training a lot of different 'Mons).  That said, although I genuinely do appreciate Drunka thinking about this rather than soyboy beta cuck-ing me, I'm not sure that's it.  My cricket following has resulted in similar progress and heartbreaks, and there's a bit near the end which feels
Spoiler:
and I really liked that bit!

I'd imagine that Andy and I tend, for better or for worse (probably for worse), to be less able to see past the bad bits of a game to appreciate the good bits than you Drunka.  That doesn't mean I don't think it's a good game: rather, that the less good bits loom larger in my summing up.  I imagine you've also seen bits where you thought stuff felt unfinished?  They just didn't matter so much to you.

Anyway!  Here's my top five and bottom five new Pokémon, ignoring Dynamax forms:

Spoilers, natch:

It has, as I've said, been a good gen. overall for the new 'Mons. It helps that my starter's final form was on the top shortlist, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 12:27

Balla i genuinely dont see any bad bits . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 12:29

I can sort of understand that as compare this to another Pokémon you wouldn't but compared to let's say BotW or DQXI then the bad bits do stick out.

Especially the voice acting in one scene.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 12:38

I'm done then. Laughing I'm sure you're not, but if you are interested in the things I found unfinished I put them here. That spoiler contains no spoilers, I think.

Anyway.  Good monsters designs!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySun 8 Dec 2019 - 0:22

Yeah I too quit as I found the best shiny:

As seen here:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019 - 16:31

Well, I just beat Leon. I may or may not be interested in writing a review or doing a spoilercast or something when I'm not busy or tired . . . so 2021.

I FUCKING LOVED this game, start to finish, and I think it made a lot of the right moves. It wasn't perfect, 'natch, and I can see how the behemoth that is Pokemon is running away from its creators in places, but the magic is still there, and in some ways its back where it had disappeared in previous gens.

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2019 - 20:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
It wasn't perfect, 'natch, and I can see how the behemoth that is Pokemon is running away from its creators in places...

HE ADMITS IT

I do still think it's a good game, but I think I prefer SM for now. I might be interested in picking up the third version of this, if the backlog has abated somewhat by then. Imagine if they actually, say, included voice acting, or fleshed out the seventh gym town.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2019 - 22:47

Think I'm getting more invested in this game then with Sun and Moon, I say that as I am trying to make a shiny competitive team, which is taking a while, but all the bike riding is time consuming.. racked up 140 hours Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 0:57

Balladeer wrote:
HE ADMITS IT
I mean . . . we live in the real world. Nothing is perfect. This game was made by a business and funded by the engine of capitalism.

Quote :
 Imagine if they actually, say, included voice acting, or fleshed out the seventh gym town.

I'm very hesitant about that first one, and I really liked Spikemuth
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 8:46

There’s a problem with the lack of voice acting, but I don’t think it’s that it wasn’t there as much as the game was built to have it and is therefore well odd when you see them standing their flapping their jaw and making no sound 😂
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 10:59

Yeah, that's way more noticeable on a tv
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 19:13

The lack of voice acting doesn't bother me but shout out to
Plot spiiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 19:40

You fellows are probably right that scrapping the 'voice-acted' cut-scenes would be a better call than adding VA. Either way it's chuffing ridiculous, especially Muss' moment.

On the plus side, I've discovered all the Snom fanart out there and it is adorable.

Spoiler:

A lot better than image searching most Pokémon where it usually takes me all of five seconds to go 'ARGH DDG WHY'.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 20:35

Feels a bit weird to say since it was so long ago, but I was already desensitised to this kind of thing from Twilight Princess not having voice acting despite the very animated lips flaps. Would have been great to have but it was fairly low on the list of problems I had with the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 14 Dec 2019 - 13:46

It didn't bother me so much back then - not sure if it was acceptance of older technology, or the fact that you could still hammer A to skip through them.

Actually I am sure, it's the second one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:33

I've played a little bit of this with it being my only Christmas game this year and all - I got stuff for the house mostly, which was understandable.

I'm enjoying running into the new critters as I've avoided most of them, so it's been a real treat seeing what's scampering about on the overworld and what's rustling in the grass. The Wild Area is a great way to extend that too to see which of my favourites survived the great culling too.

I went for Scorbunny because I liked the footballer motif and named mine Tod after legendary Dunfermline Athletic player Andy Tod. Rookidee has been an early favourite of mine and I was overjoyed to have the first Pokemon I ran into at the Wild Area end up being Oddish. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 10:45

Keep us up to date Jay! I'm sadly excited to see how the Jay Squad develops.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 22:04

Just look up the edgiest pokemon in the dex, that's the Jay squad Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 EmptySat 28 Dec 2019 - 12:31

He's already defied type by selecting the least edgy starter, although Rookidee is at least a bit more Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next