We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Which box legendary is your favourite?
Shield's Zamazenta
Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Vote_lcap44%Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Sword's Zacien
Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Vote_lcap56%Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 7:55

I let myself get distracted a lot by catching Pokémon and exploring for Diglets (particularly when I realised that was the way to get my
Spoiler:
) and I think that's the best way to enjoy this DLC. The story is pretty short but the point is that you're wondering around the island, forming this bond with a new bear friend. I enjoyed just vibing with Kubfu and my various other bears.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:14

That's fair enough - for me that part is undermined a tad because of the lack of new wild Pokémon. I don't really care about re-catching the old ones! (Apart from a Volcarona and Vulpix because they're great. No you're a hypocrite.)

Taking Kubfu to see the views is definitely the best part of the DLC though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2020 - 7:59

Balladeer wrote:
Taking Kubfu to see the views is definitely the best part of the DLC though.

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 9796a23b36a3f8a689068d07bffcc25a55ddcd516d53ca9e32049ec16b0b554e_1
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Jun 2020 - 14:16

Wait until you see my overall verdict on it... Shifty
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2020 - 20:42

Given that I've spent most of my time on this looking for Digletts I can safely say that having things to collect in the wild area is the way forward for Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2020 - 7:52

Treesmurf wrote:
Given that I've spent most of my time on this looking for Digletts I can safely say that having things to collect in the wild area is the way forward for Pokémon.

Agreedo!
I guess I've discovered that if I enjoy existing in a game world, I like having a bunch of collectables.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2020 - 19:21

The Lady got really into the Digletts, so they clearly work for some. 'Diffuse', though? What's all that about?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptySat 4 Jul 2020 - 9:35

For me, 151 is about as high a number as they could go. BOTW and Odyssey both go for 999, but those worlds are more inherently enjoyable to play in.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 0:22

Anyone tried the restricted sparring yet? I've given it a go with a few teams but not gotten very far. Not sure I'm really into the fact that the restrictions are put on you but none on the trainers you face! I mean, I've got a team of three Ground types and the first trainer I'm up against has a Wailord and a Mamoswine? AND I can only heal twice in 5 battles when they're all at full health? It's a big challenge! Too much of a challenge for me, I think.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 2:51

I'm glad it's there because I can convince myself that one day I'll get into training teams enough to give it a go but . . . I probably won't Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 2:27

Did anyone happen to play the Shield version of Isle of Armour?

The only Pokémon I have left in that Pokédex are the trade evolutions and the two Shield exclusives, Skrelp and Heracross.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 19:21

I did... I didn't catch either, but could maybe be tempted to have a peer about for them after I've finished the Crown Tundra.

Speaking of, three weeks hey? I'm... maybe not looking forward to it exactly, but it'll be a nice little addition. I have no intention of trying all the extra tournaments and stuff, but I do look forward to meeting King Arthur But Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2020 - 2:13

I am very excited. I like Pokémon, you see.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 19:58

It's out tonight.  Anyone picking it straight up?  I'm a little irked that I'll have to do an entire working day before I play it - presumably it's releasing at a better time for Buska, but it'll be all over the Internet by the time I wake up.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 20:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 20:01

My girlfriend has ordered it and is very disappointed that it won't be playable until 5am or something over here. I'll join the party a little later but I am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020 - 20:15

I've started it. Slightly disappointed with the fetch quest I seem to be going on based on the main monster... ah well, the Regis look like they might be more fun.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 10:28

I've started it too. Pleasant enough fun so far. The gigantamax cave thing is novel - I quite like the fact you have to rent Pokemon and switch up your tactics - but playing with the AI (which the game recommends you do the first time you try it) reminds me of how FUCKING STUPID they are. But I caught a Suicune which woz good.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 13:52

I had an hour or two, seems like a nice place to be.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 21:13

I've seen the main credits now, having done the main quests - still a couple of Pokemon to evolve to fill the Pokedex out a bit, and legendaries to catch in the Max Lair (though I still don't really like Dynamaxing - it's sooo slooow and oversimplifies battles).

They've brought back a couple of my all-time top 'mon (Aurorus and Altaria), and there are some fun bits about the quests (the legendary birds are cool - you have to chase them, a bit like the beasts from GSC - they don't immediately bolt from battle though).

Otherwise, it's just... fine? It left me feeling the same as the Isle of Armour. It's fine. Good, even! It just still feels to me like the beginnings of what the series could be. Compare it to a world like Xenoblade's and it's clearly lacking. Arguably though the meat of the Pokemon games are the battles, and the thing that annoys me with Sw/Sh battles is Dynamaxing. Which you can't really get away from.

Enjoyable enough, but I do hope the series fleshes things out more in its next instalments.

Spoilers about obtainable Pokemon:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 20:03

Balladeer wrote:
...ah well, the Regis look like they might be more fun.

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdailyhumorpix.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fvlcsnap-2012-04-22-05h38m29s222
(Can't find the full .gif disappointingly.)

Aaaaah, I'd forgotten how catching legendary Pokémon was the worst part of the game. Red health? Tick! Paralysed? Tick! Forty Ultra Balls later? Tick! It's even more annoying with that one roaming Pokémon who more often than not you're fighting in hail, meaning you have about one turn where their health's in the right ballpark.

I agree with Rum that the world's lacking, but I don't ever see Pokémon being a series where you have a full XC-like pretend ecosystem, or where it has the same feel of adventure. The turn-based combat means that even if you run across a level 80 Snorlax on route 1 it's not going to have the same nail-biting effect. As a result I hope they go back to a more linear approach in the future, but I fear they won't.

Ah well, I still enjoyed the main game. What's more, I've been looking back at the franchise and realised that the first Pokémon game on any new hardware is usually pretty shonky, bad even (XY, DP - even RBY are glitchy unbalanced Zubat-fests redeemed by mystery and nostalgia), whereas the second ones are normally pretty good! (SM, BW, GSC.) Hopefully we see another set of Pokémon games on Switch and the pattern continues.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 20:55

RBY are arguably quite bad games (unbalanced, as you say, and some of the type match-ups just literally work incorrectly in-game) but tell than to a gewunner. It is intensely nostalgic though. If/when they announce 'Let's Go Johto!' the nostalgia might knock me out.

I agree that catching legendaries is a tedious part of the series. I caught the birds and the Regis and then... looked at them in a box. I don't really like using them in battles because it feels cheap, but having them at your disposal feels like the point of this DLC.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 2:05

I'm enjoying the DLC and I like that's its pretty much all about Pokémon, with minimal humans, but much more so than the first pack all of this stuff feels like it would have been better as part of the main games. Sword and Shield lacked both side quests and legendary pokémon, so if these clues had been obtainable during a main playthrough I think they'd have been ace.

Whenever I get around to sorting out a streaming set-up, I think I'll give Shield GOTY Edition or whatever it's called a go and try doing the Island and the Tundra during the course of the adventure.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 18 Jan 2021 - 11:04

Did everyone get a Zarude code? I got one from GAME last month but have had one sent from the newsletter as well if anyone wants it.

E011Q1RMJEDTH8B7
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 9:59

I actually already have two Zarudes- one for pre-ordering my movie ticket, and another one with a cape which I got when I actually saw the movie.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 11:38

I've just claimed that code - thanks treesmurf!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)   Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Master Sword and Hylian Shield - Which box legendary is best? (LEAK-FREE ZONE FROM PAGE 7 ONWARDS)
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next