We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence

Go down 
+7
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence Empty
PostSubject: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 8:19

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence DJozG7BXgAAZ85s

Understated surprise of the direct: The two big id shooters, Doom and Wolfenstein, are coming to Switch! I've been meaning to play DOOM since the demo but just never got round to picking it up, so some Switch-based shooting will be ideal. And who doesn't want to kill nazis?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 10:09

Er... *slowly raises hand* Embarrassed

Not my kind of game but I am glad the pair are coming for those who do like them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:07

Best surprise of the direct for me after having to sit through a few JRPG segments, the Switch really is getting a broad range of games isn't it? Dare I even believe that this could finally be the Nintendo system that get's the quality third party software we have always wanted?  

I've played Doom for a few hours on ps4 and it has that great old school twitch shooter feel to it, controls are very slick & sometimes you just want to point at shoot things without putting much thought in & this does that very well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:32

What happened to playing games out of your comfort zone jones?

I hope Jas is right and if it is a mixed of Cube, Wii and the handhelds in terms of 3rd party then it will be great.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:38

ZeroJones wrote:
Er... *slowly raises hand* Embarrassed

Not my kind of game but I am glad the pair are coming for those who do like them.

This is exactly my stance. Also: probably my last post in this thread. But I enjoyed the JRPG segments so...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:01

masofdas wrote:
What happened to playing games out of your comfort zone jones?

I'll consider the situation, das. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:48

The_Jaster wrote:

I've played Doom for a few hours on ps4 and it has that great old school twitch shooter feel to it, controls are very slick & sometimes you just want to point at shoot things without putting much thought in & this does that very well.

Agreeing with you there - what I played of DOOM on the PS4 was brilliant. This isn't usually my sort of game either, but it's just so quality, exactly for the reasons Jaster put up there.

It's definitely something for folk to get excited about. If anything lets it down, it's just that it's so cheap on XBOne and PS4 - I've seen it a few times for under a tenner brand new. This needs to be priced competitively imo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:56

Aye, 30 quid would be the sweet spot for me & the only way I'd see them going lower than that would be a digital only release.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 21:06

I'm well keen for both this and for Wolfenstein 2. The New Order was a cracker of a game, so I can only imagine the sequel will be similarly cracking.

DOOM just looks like arcadey mental fun. Plus, the soundtrack never fails to get me pumped up. Can't wait to post that in the Nintendo music thread when it comes out. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 10:59

We've got some info, the physical version will only have the single player on the cart and the multiplayer will be a download which will need a SD Card.

The game will have all the DLC but no Snapmap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 13:56

Yeah I'm OK with that and considering the online MP patch will probably be quite big I might just not bother with that part.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 15:12

It's interesting times for Switch owners with this announcement. We're probably going to get some of the big games but only in parts, with some bits available as downloads or, worse, required installs. I'm with Jas: I'm super unlikely to want to shoot folks over the Internet, so the single player content alone would be enough. If I were getting either of the games, natch. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 17:09

Plus it was the single player that all the reviews were raving about anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 17:39

I'm already thinking about picking up another SD Card because of these announcements of bigger games. I was hoping we'd play some of the Multiplayer of DOOM amongst the forum as could be a laugh.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 18:52

I'm not ruling it out completely but I already have a few MP games I play regularly (R6 Siege/MHXX) or would like to play a bit more (Spla2n/Arms) so Im not up for adding another to the list.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 19:10

I'll be picking it up primarily for the singleplayer but if we can get some lads online I'll be down.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:22

I may play it purely because it'll be part of the overall game, but like the rest of the gang I'll be buying this mainly for the single player.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:26

Don't get me wrong I'm buying it for the Single Player but like you say Jay, MP is there and the Switch doesn't have any other multi player FPS shooters either.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:57

It might even depend on how big the file size is for me as I only own a 64Gb sd card for my Switch so I guess we'll wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:48

I haven't got an SD card at all yet, and after Monster Hunter my file space is looking dicey . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:25

Not surprising when most of your Switch games are digital copies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:54

I know you're saving for things, bud, but it looks like a decent SD card is going to be necessary in the Switch's future.

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence 19b58e1225577ac5c0e644e9cf12c459--funny-films-movie-memes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 19:47

I'd say SD card is more important then the Pro controller as a pick up, I'm thinking about getting another during double discount at work and to have a look at Switch games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 20:02

I bought an SD card at launch. I'd class it as a must-have, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 22:23

They're not bonkers pricey or anything these days, so I'll pick one up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence Empty

Back to top Go down

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next