We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:19

That review has me sold. But yes, time, help, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2019 - 21:47

Aye, same. I technically don't have a backlog, cycling between all the games that I own but haven't finished yet. However, in terms of "products I would like to purchase" that's a looong list.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Nov 2019 - 10:54

I will say this: Jim, you seem to be much better at keeping your owned games under control than most of us. That does mean that we frequently don't get to discuss new games with you, which is a shame. That said, you probably save a lot of money on games that way!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Nov 2019 - 17:38

That's probably my completionist need to finish things, and not start big stuff the same time as everyone else, really!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2020 - 21:01

Uh-oh, me again - those above comments would seem true, but would ignore the 50 games I've not played yet in my Steam account. There's only 1 thing in my Switch backlog that's not a NES or SNES game. An over-important psychologist would say that I see the PC as a more dispensable gaming system. Although really, I think it's because of Steam Summer Sales!
All of the Switch games I've not bought has given me a bit of anxiety, and I've started using the eShop wishlist to keep up with games I might like to purchase (which is also a Simpsons phrase). I think I added 30 games to it or something. I really should consider getting fired; it'd solve this problem of not having time (and definitely not cause any other problems).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jan 2020 - 12:05

Please don't. Aww!

I currently have four JRPGs in my immediate backlog, let alone the DEEP BACKLOG.  DQXI, Ni No Kuni, Digimon Cyber Sleuth (which I think is actually a couple?), and the as yet unbought but must-have TMS#FE. This is along with at least three smaller games, four if I don't drop Transistor to make Mas happy.

ARGH
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 18:07

Transistor is beatable in under comfortably under 10 hours I would say. I think I finished it in two four hour sessions maybe. It is a very, very good game and one which isn't too difficult. I enjoyed it's novel level up and KO system, and the jesus christ burn this into the retinas of my eyes this is so good art style.

My girlfriend has DQXI & Xenoblade 2, which is good for me because I don't have to feel guilty about never finishing them!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 18:57

Transistor shouldn't be skipped - great soundtrack, which I think you'll dig Balla, and it's a pretty brisk adventure too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 19:02

Yeah that shouldn't be dropped, reckon be great on the go.

Also Digimon collection is two games in one pack.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jan 2020 - 20:09

ARGH

Instead I went and bought the AHiT DLC. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jan 2020 - 20:16

Is it any good? I backed off from that on the PC version as I heard the first one was a bit of a waste.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jan 2020 - 21:01

I'm not sure about the first one to be honest.  I like it because it has cute seal pups in, but I've got about four seal pup toys sooooooo my view may be skewed.  And it's got a couple of decidedly annoying Time Pieces.  Second one's pretty fun thus far.

Incidentally my next few games after I've finished this will be:
Link's Awakening (polish off)
Digimon CS (not started)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (not bought)
Ori (scratched the surface)
with some Transistor thrown in and maaaaaaybe Mario Maker 2?  That should do me until Q2.  If it doesn't, I shall plumb the depths.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 16:55

Didn't think I would be saying this a few months ago but I've got a nice little backlog on my Switch now.

There are games I own which I've not bothered to redownload on this Switch and I can't see me going back to, that this isn't 50+ game backlog like it could be.

Yet these ones I do see me playing at some point

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. This is the only retail game that I will play sometime just I've got Persona 5R for instance which this is similar to and that's going to be better  

Ori and the Blind Forest. I really liked this on Xbox and felt sort of bad playing it via Game Pass as it's that dam good, why I picked up on Switch and looks great on the screen. Just wasn't long ago I played Ori 1 and two is now out on Xbox which I will play over this.

Quarantine Circular. Not much to say as I liked Subsurface, why I picked this up.

Tokyo Dark. I got this not long before I sold my Classic Switch, it looks right up my street and should look good being 2D on the Lite.

I Am Setsuna
. When going back through what I could download, I came across and seeing what I paid for it at launch I really do need to get back to it plus what I did was alright.    

Super Crush KO. I got this as I wanted something to play on the Lite whilst waiting for Animal Crossing, seems okay.

Good Job! Got caught up in the Direct hype and looking for some cheap credit to but Panzer Dragoon then I ended up spending more and getting this. From the level I played seemed very good and reviews seem to say the same.

Murder by Numbers. The game I have to get back to, just Animal Crossing has gotten in the way.

Animal Crossing. Yeah, hopefully, will be played for a very long time.

DOOM 64. A tad like Good Job this one as I was looking at the spring sale last night, which a few things stood out and due to having funds I decided to get this.

Blazblue CrossTag Battle. This is what I spotted in the sale on the American eShop for $4.80 and that just seemed a bit of a bargain but as I only had $2 in my account, I bought a $10 voucher for £8 and why I ended up getting this, DOOM 64 and

The Next Penelope . I don't know a huge much about this but looking at Metacritic it was the best game I could get for $2 from the few I was looking at and Cappa seems to like I, where the others not heard anyone talk about them.

I've also got the Bravely Default II and Trails of Cold Steel III Demos which I'd like to try and I do have Pokemon Shield installed ready for the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 18:55

I didn't think Setsuna was all that, either mechanically or plotwise, although I didn't get very far in. No comment on the others.

My current frontlog apart from ACNH consists of three RPGs (Ni No Kuni, Transistor, and TMS#FE which might very well get chucked) and three Metroidvanias (Bloodstained, Ori, and Monster Boy). I know what I like and I like what I know, a'right!?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 20:44

Not specifically Switch-y this post, but I do have one game I got as a Christmas present that I've not put in the ol' Switch yet. And it's now got so out of hand with Steam Summer Sales, PS Plus, NES and SNES online, free Epic games, etc. - I've actually filled in the Backloggery account I signed up for many years ago. I think across all systems I have 150 games that are Unplayed, let alone Unfinished. I'm OK if the lockdown carries on, basically.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2020 - 12:15

Clearly the first step, given that you've likely played the better ones before and the worse ones won't hold up, is to forget about the NES and SNES Online games.

(canned laughter)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:16

BUT HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF CLU CLU LAND BALLA
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 19:19

I have my backlog/frontlog down to six games! Dance If you don't count Animal Crossing which I'm still dabbling in, or Unravel 2 which is the current co-op game of choice. And my wishlist is up to eight I think. Oh well, can't have everything...
  • New Super Lucky's Tale (this one's still in the cellophane!)
  • Transistor (I tried to play this the other day, but got straight into a battle and I couldn't remember the controls and was tired and noped straight back out. I hope that's temporary malaise...)
  • Bloodstained (the game in my backlog proper I'm keenest to pick up next)
  • Felix the Reaper (I started off having a good time with this, and the presentation's great what with Sir Patrick and all, but the puzzling itself is a bit eh and I'm not sure if it won't get a bit trial-and-error before long...)
  • Ni No Kuni (epic JRPG #1)
  • TMS#FE (epic JRPG #2)

I think it was Buska who recently said he doesn't have time for 90h JRPGs these days? I think I'm in that boat. I've been spoiled recently with quality short experiences, and while I'm looking for a great long game to play alongside, I'd like it to be one with a bit more action gameplay to it. Meh Still, TMS#FE got me interested again the last time I tried it, and NNK is a classic if you're not Crumpy, so they're still there for now...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 22:57

Has anyone used Transistor in the music thing???

On the RPG's it's one of the reasons I've not continued on with Persona 5 Royal (Well now I'll be waiting to PS5 is out) as it's not I can't find the time for a 120hr RPG. It's more what else could I be playing or watching or doing instead in that time, especially for a game I've sort of played before (about 30hrs of the new content).

That I'd sort like to see still lengthy but 20-40hr RPG'S, I think that's why Greedfall did rather well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 10:49

masofdas wrote:
Has anyone used Transistor in the music thing???

Nope. Basically what the 31st day's for...

I have now started NSLT! It's basically what I expected it to be, and that's fine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 11:20

I've also started NSLT and noticed differences already between Old and New.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 12:21

I've lost count of how much is in my Switch Backlog of Guilt, but at least it's mostly just quickie SEGA AGES and ACA NeoGeo downloads. I'll start up Two Point Hospital soon, and maybe try to wrap up The Origami King before FIFA 21 and Crash 4 come out in early October.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 18:37

My Switch is the "important one" so, apart from the NES and SNES games, there are none that I've not yet started. What that probably means is I'm not purchasing things on special offer in order to prove a point! It also means that I have loads of free/very very cheap things on the PS4/PC I've not touched... oh to invent a time machine.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 22:35

So, I sat down the other day and made a list of what order I plan to play my games in (there's about 20+ including some ps4 games) with the hope that by the time I have finished them MH rise will be out or at least close to being out.

First up are:

Carrion & Paradise Killer
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020 - 19:38

What's the list? I just want to do "WANK, WANK, GOOD GUY" with it.

I'm never that organised. I just play what I fancy when I'm looking for a new game. I've got a couple of Switch games that have sat in my backlog and unplayed for nearly three years though, maybe I should make an effort with those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next