We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 12:03

Total Update from me as I actually sold 3 of my Switch games on eBay and I'm not going to count all the stuff from 10tons etc sent to me because of NSG.

Physical Games

L.A. Noire - I'm on Homicide
LEGO Worlds - Yet to start and I near sold this as well but I do like the LEGO games
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - On World 2
Skylanders Imaginators - Another one I almost flogged but I do want to play the Crash levels when I ever get that figure
Splatoon 2 - The one I really should play out of any of these
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 -  I think I'm on Chapter 3

eShop Games

Battle Chef Brigade - Not played
Fast RMX - I can only see me playing online with you guys
Golf Story - I've got the 2nd course unlocked
Graceful Explosion Machine - Got this in a sale
I Am Setsuna - If I was going to play a JRPG on Switch, I do think I would go for this over XCX2
Kamiko - Same as GEM
Mantis Burn Racing - A really fun racer but same applies to this as Fast
Pankapu - One of the games I got via NSG that might play
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Another yay Switch is launching game
Stardew Valley - Not played

I'm going to be adding Old Man's Journey to the eShop list this afternoon but I can see me finishing it this afternoon though as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 15:59

A few of those e shop games can be bashed through in 2 - 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 16:58

Graceful Explosion Machine is the one to get played. Not just a stoater, but well within the 2-4 hour bashable threshold. 👍
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 17:35

The_Jaster wrote:
A few of those e shop games can be bashed through in 2 - 4 hours.

Got to be in the mood and really haven't for Switch since Mario Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 7:34

My update is this:

• Dragon Quest Builders - my love for the DQ series compelled me but I'm beginning to understand that I don't like building things. This is a massive issue in a Minecraft-like game. Embarrassed
  • Enter The Gungeon - I have a First Time Playing video in the editing suite for this... and that's all I've played of it. It felt like it was going to be difficult to control, so I've sent it packing... or should that be 'backing'? Winky Face
  • Thimbleweed Park - moving hastily on.
  • Yooka-Laylee - for some reason, Y-L has got its claws into me. I'm thinking of it as a 'found' retro game, because the sensibilities are far more 1998 than 2018. Also, this is the improved camera. *shudder* But there's something warming about having the determination to beat awful things like the Gem Grotto bit in the second world, so here we are.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 19:53

...Zero's post is having the opposite effect on me to Cappa's earlier one. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 23:14

I feel like I’m consistent with the advice Cappa gave you, that the earlier stuff is the better stuff. I’m in the fourth world of five with nearly 40 Pagies and am probably approaching the middle of the game, so it’s starting to feel a bit worn and torn. Hence scorn. Well, mild scorn. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 9:04

If the early worlds are meant to be the better ones I can't fathom the later ones... This is coming from someone who wasn't exactly a big fan of BK though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Apr 2018 - 8:10

Time for an update, four months since my last one:

The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+ - Just playing it every so often, and happy to have it in my collection for that.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Haven't started it yet.

Puyo Puyo Tetris - About a quarter of the way through the story mode. Seems all right.

Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! - Did a few of the missions, and while it's definitely a good game, it's knackered by not having anybody else to play it with. I'll probably trade it in.

Rocket League - I've got Pro status on the online mode, and I've got over 25 hours recorded my Play Activity. 

Floor Kids - Finished it,and I gave it an 8/10.

SteamWorld Dig 2 - Finished it, and I gave it an 9/10.

Super Mario Odyssey - Seen the credits, and taking my time with the rest of it. I think I'm on about 400 Power Moons.

Oxenfree - Haven't started it yet. It doesn't look like my sort of game.

Wulverblade - Got about three levels in before throwing in the towel! It's absolutely brilliant, but well too hard on your own. 

Bayonetta - Finished it, and gave it an 9/10.

Bayonetta 2 - Haven't started it yet. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Played it for about ten hours, but grew to dislike it a lot. I traded it in a while ago.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Finished it, and gave it a 7/10.

Overcookered: Special Edition - Rubbish on your tod, so I pretended it was broken and got my money back from GAME. 

The Sparkle 2 Evo - Bought it for about a quid, played it for fifteen minutes, don't understand what's going on.

UNO - Played a bit of the online, and while it would be better if more folk were playing, it's still good value for dipping in and out of.

Flip Wars - Played a few online matches and the odd AI battle, and that's about all I'll get from it. 

Shu - Almost finished it, and I can smell the 6/10 from a mile away.

LEGO City Undercover - Haven't started it yet.

L.A. Noire - Haven't started it yet.

Kamiko - Played it for about twenty minutes - seems all right.

Arcade Archives PUNCH-OUT!! - I'll finish this soon, it's all about remembering the patterns. Good stuff.

Scribblenauts Showdown - Finished it, and gave it a 4/10.

Kirby Star Allies - Finished it, and gave it a 7/10.

~

Too many games to be playing. After Labo next week, I'm not expecting to be buying anything new until the end of May. What should I play between now and then?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Apr 2018 - 9:17

I'd get on that kamiko at the very least. You can finish it with one character in about an hour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 21:58

I think you'd get on pretty well with LA Noire, Cappa and you've certainly got enough time to bash through it before the end of May. Have you ever played any of Rockstar's other games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 9:24

I've come to peace with the fact that I'm not going to carry on with many of the games I've played. Therefore my backlog has been whittled down to Thimbleweed Park, Labo Variety Kit, Light Fall, and Lost Sphear. The last two I haven't started yet.

I should probably include Yooka-Laylee too, I haven't given that a fair chance really. Still, five games is manageable.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 20:00

Let me know how you get on with Lost Sphear. I think it's by the same devs behind I am Setsuna and I really enjoyed that back in the early days of the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 14:01

My backlog has begun to increase with eShop sales making me buy games well ahead of plan or some that I didn't even plan to get.

Physical purchases of Skyrim and Puyo Puyo Tetris haven't been used yet and downloads I've yet to start include Kamiko, Membrane, Oceanhorn, Oxenfree, Plague Road, Splasher and any of the Shovel Road DLC.

Still playing Dragon Quest Builders, currently on the 2nd chapter.

Still in my first season of Football Manager.

Had a few attempts on 60 Seconds, my best is 59 days survived by no military rescue yet.

Also 4 worlds in to the newly released Pokemon Quest.

Other uncompleted games include Pokken Tournament, Binaries and NBA Playgrounds, none if which I can see myself returning to anytime soon.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 14:15

Skyrim is tough to start isn't it? Especially with the conversation currently going on.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 15:22

It's just a daunting game to play, I keep promising myself I'll go back and finish Fallout 4 but still haven't and Dragon Quest is just as much of a time sink so it'll remain unplayed for a few months at least I think.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:54

JayMoyles wrote:
Let me know how you get on with Lost Sphear. I think it's by the same devs behind I am Setsuna and I really enjoyed that back in the early days of the Switch.

Well... it's pretty? It starts slow, like many JRPGs, but even the traditional 'village-burning' incident has been remarkably restrained. That aside, it sure is a JRPG alright. More on this as I get it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 1:24

Man, I don't normally bother with these threads but I need to write this down for my own benefit!

PLAY NOW
  1. Hollow Knight
  2. Oxenfree
  3. Octo Expansion
  4. DOOM
  5. Xenoblade 2

There. I've put the five singleplayer, somewhat linear and completeable games in order. I'll make those my priority.

Dabble With While Concentrating on the Above
  • Fortnite
  • Splatoon
  • ARMS
  • Pokemon Quest
  • Fallout Shelter

These are games I want to poke at when I'm just chilling. ARMS and Spla2n are never going to let go of me, but I need to be in the mood. I'll try Fortnite, it might join that list. And PQ and FS I just want to investigate.

Maybe Come Back to One Day
  • Skyrim
  • LA Noire (I'm still thinking of playing this a little at a time after I finish the Ace Attorney games)
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • The Other Shovel Knight modes

These are all games I haven't completed but which I'm happy to step away from for now, just so I actually finish some other stuff.

This has been Drunka posting entirely for Drunka's benefit. I hope you have enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 11:36

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say on Oxenfree a game I've been tempted to play for the 3rd time but n Xbox this time for those achievements but then I could just go Platinum it on PS4.

Even the I thought the direct wasn't great I have used my Switch for the first time in ages that I may go back to some things in this sort of order:

Splatoon 2, the DLC looks great and I want to play but I need to beat the main game first and this just isn't my top Switch game to play its y top game in general now.  

Sushi Striker, just got this and will be the game whilst watching a podcast or something.

Hollow Knight, if I can figure what I'm doing this will go above Sushi but at the moment I'm walking around aimlessly.

Hyrule Warriors, got today but really was for my 44 game Zelda collection but do want to do the Linkle missions.

LA Noire, I was enjoying this and don't know why I dropped it.

I am Setsuna, this was close to being 4th here as outside the big 3 this is the most appealing by a mile.

Battle Chef Brigade

Shaq Fu 2, I bought NBA Playgrounds that I got for this for free and might be worth the laugh.

Kamiko

Golf Story

Graceful Explosion Machine

Shovel Knight, hasn't really clicked with me but could see me going back one day.

Staredew, bought because of the hype but yet to play and time may have past on this one.

Xenoblade 2, seemed a bit muh to me but I might go back to it one day.

Skylanders, I still need to buy Crash and Cortex for what might be a fun 3D platformer.

Mario + Rabbids, looks great but never quite clicked.

Pankapu

Might dabble in these:

Fallout Shelter, sort of the same place as Sushi and Hollow as I will give a bash and play now and again in portable mode.

Pokemon Quest, still yet to give it a bash.

Kitten Squad, it's free.

Will play if others are:

Fortnite, I feel much like the game's title we will play for two weeks or so and not a lot else after that but this is highest here because it will get played over this next few weeks that I could have said this was a dabble game.

Mario Kart 8D, always worth a play.

FAST RMX

Brawlout, did anyone else get this?

Mantis Burn Racing, did anyone else also get this?

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 15:12

Games I want to play & finish

Hyrule Warriors - This'll be the main focus for now as I'm out of the prologue of Legends mode.

Ikaruga - Not started

Celeste - Not started

Aqua Kitty UDX - Not started

Severed - Not started

LA Noire - Not started

Games I probably wont go back to/might chip away at

Volgarr The Viking - This is a super hard 2d hack & slash game that has a brutal check point system in that I have to beat the first stages boss before I earn it. One I might chip away at when I get chances to play in handheld mode.

Serial Cleaner - Decent wee stealth game but my Switch tells me I've not played it in 3+ months, one to chip away like the above game.

GoNNER - A weird little rogue-like that I thought I'd be into but I haven't played it in 6 months.

The Flame in the flood - Another rogue-like that I haven't played in months and probably won't return to.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:48

Some classy games left there for both Drunka and Jas (with apologies to Mas, whose sea of unseparated lines made my eyes go funny). Have you started DOOM and XC2, Drunka?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:57

Edited for ya Balla and added in Hyrule Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:07

That is better, although I still don't understand any JRPG fan who's more excited for I Am Setsuna than XC2. Confused

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:13

Prefer the art-style, combat system and its shorter that I'm more likely to finish it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:16

It's still like 15-20 hours if I remember rightly, which is only really short if you place it next to other JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   2 - Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next