We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 16:40

Balladeer wrote:
Not that I competitively battle at all, but I do find the scene interesting to follow.
I'm waiting for streaming Pokémon tournaments to take off, if only for someone with too much money to make an AR studio version of the battles. It'd be like FightBox, but not shit.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:36

On the Gengar note I'd wager Mega Gengar will be one of the first Mega's to get banned to Ubers. Well, after Mega Blaziken anyway, the flaming chicken has no chance being in OU. Honestly I'd be surprised if they even let it in OU at all, and if they do Mega Blaziken and probably Blaziken in general will be promptly banned the first suspect round.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 20:23

Blaziken should be banned just for looking too much like a cock and balls. Kids might be watching.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 1:33

Well if Mega Blaziken gets banned for what ever reason Mega Lucario would probably be the same then, for what ever reason
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 10:39

Mega Blaziken will be banned because of Speed Boost. It's the same Uber bird from last generation only now it's basically taken steroids. Lucario I wouldn't be so sure of to be honest, it loses its versatility without items and only gains a minor damage boost in return along with a speed boost that finally means most sweepers don't outspeed and one shot it. He may end up banned as well, but I wouldn't be so sure of it right now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 10:43

But SHADOW TAG. On a Pokémon better than Gothitelle. Either we'll see an influx of Shed Shell users, or everyone will start using Chespin, or Megar (as I call it) is out of there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 11:21

Normal Blaziken got the speed boost.. I don't see how that is a problem it it is banned I won't be happy.

Anyway beat the league with Mostly Blaziken, Lucario and Sylveon. Now at the city down south wandering about seeing if there is anything I have to do before hunting down Mewtwo and the other legendaries still out there
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 13:51

This article is pretty interesting. I for one think that it's great that the game hasn't been hacked yet, so that we still have these mysteries waiting. The idea of a new region in the same generation, with the rest of the new generation of monsters, is the most intriguing for me (even if I think it's more likely to refer to a Ranger game or something, but hey, let's be optimistic for a change).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 14:19

Yeah the prospect of a new region sparked my interest (still hope they do Hoenn).

Even the ghost thing was interesting.

But anyway what the hell am I meant to do now that I've beaten the League? I caught Mewtwo been playing around in the Safari saw an Articuno and that's it, there has to be more stuff right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 14:25

If you find the Looker subquest in Lumiose, let me know. I've been searching for it for ages. Then... there's always the Battle Maison, right?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 14:50

Yeah but I don't want to try that yet, at the moment I'm still leveling up Lapras to catch up to the rest of my team,

And isn't there another legendry somewhere you have to catch?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 14:53

Yup.

Location Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 15:16

Looker sidequest?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 8:11

Yeah I heard he was floating around somewhere
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 8:47

... Doctor?

I've passed the toxic Lumiose City and have found myself in, er, Quelque Part (can't remember the name!). Y'know, the next town over. Hoping to hit a new Gym soon but from what I've read in this very thread, it'll be a while.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 9:15

Yes, welcome to the section where they got the pacing wrong.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 14:34

Think I know what to do with Looker now
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 10:06

I found the Looker quest, but can't really be bothered unless it's going to give me something great but then again if it's a legendary mon I've finished it to use it.

So I've started Y, and thanks to Gwyn help my team is (will be):

Chesnaught,
Delphox,
Aurorus,
Venusaur,
Blastoise,
Blaziken

and when I get it Yveltal, not sure who I will drop more likely Aurorus, and I passed over the mega stone for absol over from my X to Y, so I might get one of them & use it's mega stone soon as I get the bracelet. But not a huge fan of what the EMO haircut mon's look.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 11:08

I've been doing nothing but playing this game in my spare time the last week, yesterday I bred myself an ideal Froakie that has perfect IVs in every stat besides attack! The reason that was so awesome was because I don't have a Ditto with special defence yet, so me getting one with perfect special defence was just pure fluke. Awesome pure fluke mind, as it's male which means I can substitute Ditto with it for the rest of my water types in the future.

It's a shame Greninja has horrible bulk, I'd love to see what kind of hellish stall a Pokemon with bulk could do with Protean. And speaking of stall I wonder if there's any good candidates for the good ol Torment Substitute stall set this generation. I loved packing that on Heatran last generation but would love to have another Pokemon that can do it well.

Also in important news Nintendo have released a patch for the Luminous City glitch.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 14:34

I'm running around doing all the stuff to unlock the Looker quest while doing a bit of breeding to see if any shinies are born and evolving a few Pokemon as still considering doing the dex, well as much as I can
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 14:06

Well, I finally started the game properly today. I have started with 6 of each of the new starters, 6 of each of the classic starters and 18 Torchic. Now, I know how crazy that sounds, but each restart only took me 45 minutes to get everything, transfer them to my daughter's game and start again. The Torchic are all there simply because I got one after each restart - when they are no longer available, I will control the market DAMN YOU! 

I have 6 of each Pokemon because I want 4 for myself, one for each evolved state - I do that in every Pokemon game I have played. The extra 2 are for my daughter and son-in-law for when they get the game (they haven't got a 3DS yet). In fact, I did replay the start another 2 times, and they went to my at home daughter, so she would have all 6 starters.

Anyway, I am now playing the game properly, not a speed run. 5 hours into it and I just love it, with me just arriving in the second town (the one after Lumiose). I am pretty confidant that I will spend easily a few hundred hours on it.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 14:33

Eighteen Torchics. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 16:45

If anyone goes online I'd advise you to watch out if the opponent has a Gavantula. It's got a new move in the form of Sticky Web, a entry hazard that lowers a Pokemon's speed just for switching in. I got swept by a Chandelure because of that. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen more talk about this move, few things may learn it but it can seriously turn a match on its head.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 20:54

As a Smogon user (or at least viewer), I'm very well aware of Sticky Web. The new entry hazard, they say. Solution: pack a Defog or Rapid Spin user. (But don't bring the former in on Galvie because that'd be stupid.)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 0:13

Has anyone done the second Looker quest? I seem to be stuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 26 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next