We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 17 Feb 2024 - 14:20

I'm a bit early here, yet as I said elsewhere today my Switch since about July hasn't got much use. The first game I plan to play on it this year is Peach out in Year 8 of the Switch, how many Year 8 games we get, and make it on what I'd guess be the final list who knows, for now though....

Year One Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey ★
2. Oxenfree ★
3. SteamWorld Dig 2 ★
4. Fire Emblem Warriors ★
5. L.A. Noire ★
6. Night in the Woods ★
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ★
8. Subsurface Circular ★
9. Rime ★
10. Splatoon 2 ★

Year Two Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. GRIS ★
3. Oxenfree ↓
4. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
5. Splatoon 2 ↑
6. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
7. Night in the Woods ↓
8. Subsurface Circular ★
9. Pokémon Let's Go Eevee ★
10. Rime ↓

Year Three Top 10
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses ★
2. Super Mario Odyssey ↓
3. GRIS ↓
4. Oxenfree ↓
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ★
6. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
7. Splatoon 2 ↓
8. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
9. Night in the Woods ↓
10. Subsurface Circular ↓

Year Four Top 10
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons ★
3. Super Mario Odyssey ↓
4. GRIS ↓
5. Oxenfree ↓
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↓
7. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
8. Splatoon 2 ↓
9. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
10. Night in the Woods ↓

Year Five Top 10
1st. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Super Mario Odyssey ↑
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons ↓
4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↑
5. Florence ★
6. Ori and the Blind Forest ★
7. Metroid Dread ★
8. Monster Hunter Rise ★
9. Pokémon Legends: Arceus ★
10th. GRIS ↓

Year Six Top 10
1st. Fire Emblem Three Houses
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↑
4. Florence ↑
5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ★
6. Monster Hunter Rise ↑
7. Ori and the Blind Forest ↓
8. Metroid Dread ↓
9. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim ★
10th Triangle Strategy ★

Year Seven Top 10
1st Fire Emblem Three Houses
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ↑ After playing the Expansion, it cemented this as my second favourite Switch game as a whole.
3. Super Mario Odyssey ↓
4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↓
5. Florence ↓
6. Monster Hunter Rise
7. Ori and the Blind Forest
8. Metroid Dread
9. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
10. Triangle Strategy

Not a lot of change whatsoever but you can check out my Top 30 like always which does have a few new entries:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 22:19

1. Super Mario Odyssey

2. Sonic Mania Plus

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

5. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

8. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

9. Tetris Effect Connected

10. Horizon Chase Turbo

11. Super Mario Bros. Wonder

12. Horace

13. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

15. Celeste

16. ARMS

17. A Short Hike

18. Pikmin 4

19. Rocket League

20. Bayonetta 1+2

21. Sayonara Wild Hearts

22. Pokemon Legends: Arceus

23. Pokemon: Let’s Go

24. Luigi’s Mansion 3

25. Super Mario Maker 2

Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Pikmin 4 are the new additions I’ve made since last March. It’s truly superb that we were seven years into the Switch’s run and receiving three games of that all-time-classic quality. We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie, Sonic Superstars and Bomb Rush Cyberfunk were really good games from the last twelve months as well, though probably not too close to this top twenty-five if I’m honest. Maybe I’ll do a longer list when all’s said and done with the Switch; I’m sure those three would feature in that.

Twelve months ago, I’d have bet my house on Horizon Chase 2 finding its way high up on this list for 2024. Yet it was a colossal disappointment and nowhere close to the quality of its tenth-place prequel.

Otherwise, I've swapped out a few games that felt out of place and less ‘deserving’ of what I’ve included this time around, if that makes any sense. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a good example of that – it’s got flaws and it lasted a bit longer than it needed to, but it’s an overall excellent game that I felt I should recognise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 21:22

FORUMOTION'S TABLE FORMATTING CAN GET IN THE BIN Hissy fit

So.  2023 (with a bit of 2024 that's been utterly irrelevant) was a pretty great year on Switch, right?  Not from the looks of my top 10 or my top 25, now extended to 30 because that's what it looks like on my 'phone.  The top 10 has one change, with TotK coming in pretty low at 7 to replace Smash Ultimate.  (Great game, not as great a Switch game.  Much of what made it great was true before Switch.)  Only three new games made that top 25/30 as well, once I adjusted for remasters (Ghost Trick) and DLC (Future Connected, otherwise probably just missing out on the top ten).

What's more interesting I guess is that I went through my top 100 games of all time this year, and with that came a reconsideration of where everything fitted in.  Blue means a rise of at least three places, red a drop of at least four.

Oh, and BotW cedes the top spot through no longer being unquestionably my top game.  It's still better paced than TotK but TotK does a lot of things better.  Nothing does platforming better in almost any aspect than Mario Odyssey.

CAUTION - RANKINGS WITHIN:

Big winners on reconsideration are Overcooked 2, probably the best co-op game I've ever played; There Is No Game, probably the best point-and-click I've ever played; and Ys IX & Tales of Vesperia, two very decent action-RPGs that benefited from reconsideration of other games.  Darkside Detective: A Fumble In The Dark meanwhile had a solid flight of free DLC last year, and was worthy of a rise from that.
Big losers are Jackbox 7, probably the best party game I've ever played still but pretty simple as an actual game (also Schmitty exists); Sam & Max 1, which gets worse every time I think about its backtracking; Nobody Saves The World, still good but its weaker points looming larger in the rear view mirror; and Great Ace Attorney.  Every time I remember Iris Wilson, imouto prodigy extraordinaire, it drops another place.

Not overmuch to say about Cappa and Mas' changes.  I'm solidly behind Cappa's picks, although maybe not so high: I prefer BotW to its predecessor for reasons given above, and I liked Mario Wonder a bit less but then I'm less of a 2D platformer stan than he.  (Yes I still much prefer Celeste.)  Meanwhile Mas is as Mas does.  He's right about XC3 though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyFri 8 Mar 2024 - 8:32

Reading your post was insightful in what it told me about you, but it reaffirmed to me that I'm not interested in making my own and it's not useful to compare apples to oranges like this Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyFri 8 Mar 2024 - 11:46

Thanks for reading it anyway! Very Happy As for "use", gaming as a whole isn't useful.  I find it fun, "insightful"'s probably more than I hoped for!

Miscellaneous other points:
  • TING is not the best point-and-click I've ever played, how could I forget about the Hotel Dusk games like this!? Duh!
  • I can easily see a world where I don't add anything to the list in year eight apart from Pokémon Legends Z-A.  It's a world where Nintendo scoot by on ports and smaller nicher games for a while, and the indies I play while sometimes good don't quite make the list.  I think this is unlikely but not impossible.
  • Apples > oranges.  On their own to eat, in juice, in sweets flavourings, and as a cooking ingredient.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 11:48

I must have missed your lists in recent years - I had no idea NEO: TWEWY had ranked as highly for you as it has done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 13:07

I'm surprised at the crossover Cappa and Myself have with 6 games, and a bunch I’ve had in my list before like Let's Go, or I regard highly like Bayonetta 1+2 from the Wii U or Tetris Effect on PSVR. As I would say we don't have similar tastes when I look at things like Caps Top 100 or what he's finished over the past year, it is more gamey video games like Horizon Chase Turbo compared to my RPG's. With only an odd few such as Penny's Big Breakway, being one we both enjoy that comes out, outside your big Mario games.

The crossover is less with Balla as we only share 5 games in common, yet on paper we should have more in common as I've got 9 RPG's in my list & Balla has 10 (might be genre disagreements) compared to me and Cappa. Though I know I've recommended things to Balla in the past and I could use Unicorn Overlord as a great example of hey here's this highly regard RPG, are you going to check it out?, Think I'm going to and then him not liking it because strategy & choices, vice versa.

What might not be that surprising is I've got the most Nintendo Switch exclusives with 19 out of 30 as the Switch to me is used mostly for Nintendo games, why I get Balla being a tad down at the moment though if Switch was my only system I'd find things to play like Dark Forces, Penny, Unicorn etc instead of playing them on my PS5.

I was talking to EofGizmo, kinda about Switch 2 and am I excited or not about it and do like the Switch? As I didn't like Zelda on Switch, Mario Kart 8D is in my Top 30 but not overly high as played on Wii U, SMASH didn't click with me etc of the bigger hitters, not one for 2D Mario, so it becomes the RPG's and Indies that what I liked on Switch, not what I would call Nintendo games.

Then you all remember I sold my launch Switch as I had nothing to play because in my eyes it was port port port, then Animal Crossing got me back in my with a cheap Lite then picked up a proper Switch again for Monster Hunter Rise to play that on the TV (Why I felt this one clicked for me) and had that two year or so spell of Monster Hunter Stories 2, Road 96 & Mile 0, Metroid Dread, SMTV, Voice of Cards, Pokémon Legends, Triangle Strategy, Chocobo GP, Kirby Forgotten Land, 13 Sentinels, Opus, Mario Strikers, Neon White, Fire Emblem Warriors 2, Live A Live, Xenoblade 3 + Expansion, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, A Little to the Left, Shin Chan, Pokémon S&V, ASftU, FEngage, Final Bar Line, BayOrigins, Illusion Island and Pikmin 4.

Then yeah Switch 2 if it gets those sorts of RPG's and Indies along with a new Mario Kart, new 3D Mario, new Animal Crossing I am excited about the system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 15:07

And I've got seven overlaps with Cappa.  You not liking the two big Zeldas is the difference really there Mas, that and 2D Mario I guess.  And yes, I reckon we do like different sorts of JRPGs to some degree.  Also JRPGs like Ys IX and Ni No Kuni that I have on my list, you've probably played elsewhere.

masofdas wrote:
What might not be that surprising is I've got the most Nintendo Switch exclusives with 19 out of 30 as the Switch to me is used mostly for Nintendo games, why I get Balla being a tad down at the moment though if Switch was my only system I'd find things to play like Dark Forces, Penny, Unicorn etc instead of playing them on my PS5.

I was talking to EofGizmo, kinda about Switch 2 and am I excited or not about it and do like the Switch? As I didn't like Zelda on Switch, Mario Kart 8D is in my Top 30 but not overly high as played on Wii U, SMASH didn't click with me etc of the bigger hitters, not one for 2D Mario, so it becomes the RPG's and Indies that what I liked on Switch, not what I would call Nintendo games.

This was a bit of a mind-boggler of a two paragraphs!  Mostly a Nintendo exclusives machine, then shooting down a lot of the Nintendo exclusives and settling for RPGs and indies. Laughing I get it, just, but a bit of a wild ride.

I wouldn't say I'm down on the Switch either.  I mean, I am at this precise moment, but not looking back over year 7.  If you include that DLC and the remaster of my third favourite game ever, I had a pretty good year of Switch, to the point where I gave 2023 an honourable mention in this year's votes!  It wasn't an all-timer maybe (only years 2 and 4 didn't have games I put higher than TotK), but it was probably better than the last one.  Looking forward to next year... there I'm a bit more down, but also I'm expecting it, y'know?  I'm expecting a transition year before Switch 2.  If we don't get a Switch 2 announced by EoY, then I'll be down!

JayMoyles wrote:
I must have missed your lists in recent years - I had no idea NEO: TWEWY had ranked as highly for you as it has done!

Yep you've definitely missed a trick there!  I think NEO TWEWY has the best battle system in all RPGs I've played, ever.  If you've been missing my previous years' posts, might I recommend this one? Shifty Also I'd love to see any lists of your own if you fancy sharing them!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 15:50

Yeah NNK, I played on PS3 and still mean to play Ys series at somepoint again likely on PlayStation, so is some extra overlap there like Tetris Effect from Caps list.

More when you think Nintendo it's Mario, Zelda, Kart, Smash that comes to mind and not Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Bayonetta.

As I say at the moment for you as I predict you won't be that keen on Unicorn Overlord and have you only got it as not much else?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 16:10

Balladeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:

Yep you've definitely missed a trick there!  I think NEO TWEWY has the best battle system in all RPGs I've played, ever.  If you've been missing my previous years' posts, might I recommend this one? Shifty Also I'd love to see any lists of your own if you fancy sharing them!

I've been meaning to go back to NEO TWEWY for a while now actually - I think part of why I love the original so much is that I learned more and more intricacies about its battle system over repeated playthroughs and grew to love the characters and setting even more as I did it. I've got the platinum trophy sitting unearned, so there's incentive if anything else!

I've not got a list to hand or anything at the moment - it's been years since I last put one together! I'd have to sit and have a think about it. Maybe I'll put one together before Switch 2. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 17:28

Trophies. Sad

As mentioned elsewhere, I now have a list of my top 100 Switch games that I will be inflicting on everybody before Switch 2. You Have Been Warned.

masofdas wrote:
As I say at the moment for you as I predict you won't be that keen on Unicorn Overlord and have you only got it as not much else?

C'mon May...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 2:05

I'm with you that apples are better than oranges. Taste, texture, convenience . . . Plus, I lived in apple country in the UK and now I live in apple country in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 10:11

And cider > Cointreau.

That's an even sillier comparison than apples and oranges actually. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 10:47

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 3:31

Right, I realised I hadn't shared my top 10 for a few years so thought I should, then after seeing top 30s and 25s I thought I could probably do that as well, then one thing led to another and I ended up ranking pretty much everything I've played on Switch so far a la Balla's big post. So I present to you A BIG FUCKING LIST:

Games 110-101:

Games 100-91:

Games 90-81:

Games 80-71:

Games 70-61:

Games 60-51:

Games 51-40:

Games 40-31:

Games 30-21:

Games 20-11:

The Top 10:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 9:51

Great work Smurf, shame about missing good Switch games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

What do I get for playing UGG without a smile? And this likely spur Balla to share his 100 as well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 15:40

I've only included ones I feel I've seen enough of so Xenoblade 1 which I've played a bit of om Switch isn't included because I don't think it'd be a fair inclusion, same with Engage which I gave up on quite quickly, not because it was bad or anything but rather I wasn't in the right place to play it. After you mentioned both those series it's crazy how much I've still not played on Switch that most would consider top games. I would aim to play a load this year whilst there's not many Switch releases but I'm pretty sure I won't.

Playing UGG without a smile is punishment enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 18:00

Yes... ha ha ha... YES

Wow there's a lot to digest in here!  Where does it tip over into 'recommendation' territory Smurf?  It could be at number 99 or 80 or 69 depending on how I read it.  You're much more complimentary on your games than I am!

I'll pick out some bits and pieces:

Spoiler:

I've got other stuff to say but it's mostly me being a grump about games I'd place lower and that's not what your list's about, it's a great selection of happy little anecdotes.  The Bob Ross of GNamer games lists.  Lovely stuff! Applause

masofdas wrote:
What do I get for playing UGG without a smile? And this likely spur Balla to share his 100 as well.

You get yet another flick on the bonce for trying to replay it. Naughty

As for me sharing my 100, that's not happening just yet.  For one, I'm saving that for when the Switch is done.  For two, as Smurf mentions, Balla's Big Post (all three of 'em) already exists.  Doing my top 100 right now wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact, and in any case I think Smurf's post is top and should stand alone right now.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2024 - 21:37

Thanks for the kind words, I honestly don't know how anyone can subjectively put together ranking lists, I just kinda made a top 30 based on my previous lists/votes and then proceeded to throw games around that on how I felt about them.

To be honest there's some I'd recommend low down and others much higher I wouldn't, Seal Electric Railway despite its placing it an easy recommendation purely for its price and time to play through being so reasonable. To give credit to Fortnite there's certain franchises they really lean in to and put the effort in with, it's no Smash Bros or (I imagine) Kingdom Hearts but it's one of the better games that do crossovers.

Not sure if it means to you but Splasher is from the same team that made the highly regarded Tinykin, Spalsher is the better game though I'd argue. Strikers gets the bump purely for being a football game but the GNamer league is definitely my main motivator, I can't say I'd be as keen or not if I was on the other end of the victories though, I'd like to think so. I may be remembering wrong with Yoku but there was the whole late story twist as well. I'm hoping I'm not overselling Monkey Island but for me at least it felt like a nice new comfy pair of slippers.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 20:37

It helps that I'm always ranking everything in my head already. Cool

I've wishlisted Seal Electric Railway as well, how could I not with a name like that? Crying or Very sad I thought Tinykin was a lower 7/10, a recommendation still but not enthusiastically so.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 14:25

Treesmurf wrote:
69. Speedrunners
A GNamer Forum multiplayer classic... for the three of us that played it anyway. You have to outrun your opponents whilst avoiding obstacles, can get incredibly tense after a particularly long run.

A cracking game & a real shame we didn't get more GNamer folk jumping on it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 8:00

Treesmurf wrote:
A BIG FUCKING LIST

That’s a quality post that must’ve taken you ages to think about and then type up.

That’s disappointing that you didn’t think much of Bonito Days, all the way down in sixth-bottom. There looks like there’s a fair few games I’d personally rank higher (Bonito Days, Lunistice and ARMS for sure) and a few others that would plummet down my list (to name three of them, What The Golf?, Mario Strikers Battle League Football and, for as much as it made me smile, Untitled Goose Game). Otherwise though, it looks like a good illustration of a notion I’ve had for a long time, in that you and I have a similarly fine taste in games.

~

Taking an estimated guess, I’d say that I’ve played over three hundred different Switch games at this point. It’s been my ‘main’ console since it launched. And, fair enough, I haven’t persevered with everything I’ve bought through to their finish but I’ve given most of them enough time to form a measured opinion. There’s no prospect of me sitting down to make a list like treesmurf’s done though. That said, when I look at the bottom of his list there’s a handful of Switch games that immediately sprang to my mind as being worse than NBA Playgrounds and Raging Justice. It might be entertaining to write that up someday.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 21:39

Balladeer wrote:
It helps that I'm always ranking everything in my head already. Cool

I've wishlisted Seal Electric Railway as well, how could I not with a name like that? Crying or Very sad I thought Tinykin was a lower 7/10, a recommendation still but not enthusiastically so.

Important to remember Splasher is better though, different type of game altogether but if I had to compare Splasher feels a lot more satisfying to play.

The_Jaster wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
69. Speedrunners
A GNamer Forum multiplayer classic... for the three of us that played it anyway. You have to outrun your opponents whilst avoiding obstacles, can get incredibly tense after a particularly long run.

A cracking game & a real shame we didn't get more GNamer folk jumping on it.

That seemed like a home run for multiplayer sessions that, cheap and easy to get your head around.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
A BIG FUCKING LIST

That’s a quality post that must’ve taken you ages to think about and then type up.

That’s disappointing that you didn’t think much of Bonito Days, all the way down in sixth-bottom. There looks like there’s a fair few games I’d personally rank higher (Bonito Days, Lunistice and ARMS for sure) and a few others that would plummet down my list (to name three of them, What The Golf?, Mario Strikers Battle League Football and, for as much as it made me smile, Untitled Goose Game). Otherwise though, it looks like a good illustration of a notion I’ve had for a long time, in that you and I have a similarly fine taste in games.

~

Taking an estimated guess, I’d say that I’ve played over three hundred different Switch games at this point. It’s been my ‘main’ console since it launched. And, fair enough, I haven’t persevered with everything I’ve bought through to their finish but I’ve given most of them enough time to form a measured opinion. There’s no prospect of me sitting down to make a list like treesmurf’s done though. That said, when I look at the bottom of his list there’s a handful of Switch games that immediately sprang to my mind as being worse than NBA Playgrounds and Raging Justice. It might be entertaining to write that up someday.

To be fair to Bonito Days I don't think I really got my head around how best to play it, a lot of the lower games are all about whether they gave a lasting impression, the only one of which that managed that was Art Sqool but that's because it's really bad.

FYI I had this list in my notes for at least 2 or 3 weeks, adding a few lines for games from bottom to top when I had a spare few minutes, was quite enjoyable to do, moreso when I got around to the games I really wanted to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12