We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 19:38

It's fine mate, this sort of posts I like to see even though something we will see from more of us in March, along with a new list from me more than likely.

And your thoughts on Nintendo was the issue I had with Switch for years, now guess Nintendo ran out of Wii U games meaning new stuff and we're getting what I'd to call the DS/PSP/3DS/VITA stuff of hey they got Birth by Sleep and Monster Hunter 4U where's those on Switch, and now we're getting the likes of Triangle Strategy and Monster Hunter Rise.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 25 Aug 2022 - 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 12:13

Balladeer wrote:
I suppose it's better than you leaping on Gris again. Winky Face
Shit game for cunts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 13:20

...sorry Mas, that one's on me. I still don't think we've had as many mid-tier games as in previous handheld/home split generations, but we're still getting more than other machines! The big missing games IMO are new 2D Zelda/Mario iterations.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 12:01

I was hoping Balla popped in here first, so I can go hey he's got no Mario Kart 8D or Primeaster in his Top whatever list to distract you from my placements of those in my list for this 6th anniversary of the Switch

Year One Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey ★
2. Oxenfree ★
3. SteamWorld Dig 2 ★
4. Fire Emblem Warriors ★
5. L.A. Noire ★
6. Night in the Woods ★
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ★
8. Subsurface Circular ★
9. Rime ★
10. Splatoon 2 ★

Year Two Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. GRIS ★
3. Oxenfree ↓
4. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
5. Splatoon 2 ↑
6. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
7. Night in the Woods ↓
8. Subsurface Circular ★
9. Pokémon Let's Go Eevee ★
10. Rime ↓

Year Three Top 10
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses ★
2. Super Mario Odyssey ↓
3. GRIS ↓
4. Oxenfree ↓
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ★
6. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
7. Splatoon 2 ↓
8. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
9. Night in the Woods ↓
10. Subsurface Circular ↓

Year Four Top 10
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons ★
3. Super Mario Odyssey ↓
4. GRIS ↓
5. Oxenfree ↓
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↓
7. SteamWorld Dig 2 ↓
8. Splatoon 2 ↓
9. Fire Emblem Warriors ↓
10. Night in the Woods ↓

Year Five Top 10
1st. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Super Mario Odyssey ↑
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons ↓
4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↑
5. Florence ★
6. Ori and the Blind Forest ★
7. Metroid Dread ★
8. Monster Hunter Rise ★
9. Pokémon Legends: Arceus ★
10th. GRIS ↓

Year Six Top 10
1st. Fire Emblem Three Houses. Will anything knock FETH from Top Spot going into Year Seven?

2. Super Mario Odyssey. Maybe a new Mario game would budge this.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening ↑.  Quality Zelda and the drop-off with ACNH really helped other games move around.

4. Florence ↑. Much like LA it benefitted from ACNH moving down.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ★. My GOTY of 2022 an absolutely wonderful JRPG and shows don't need POWER!

6. Monster Hunter Rise ↑. I think I finished the story between years five & six along with starting Sunbreak is why it moved up from 8th.

7. Ori and the Blind Forest ↓. Still one of the best Metroidvania games I've ever played, and looks gorgeous on the OLED.

8. Metroid Dread ↓. Only moved down to make way for XC3.

9. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim ★. Very much a mas game with its art, story, the weird mix of genres over its 30+ hours.

10th Triangle Strategy ★. Was for a very long time my GOTY for 2022, that's how good this 2D-HD Strategy is from Square that maybe try LAL and have some hope for OTII.

11th to 30th:

What about you guys?

Edit
Also thinking in Year 7 can only see Tears or Pikmin 4 making it from what we know.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 19:32

You should've just waited until the end of the day Mas! As it is, you're now fully in the spotlight with your terrible views on Metroid Prime. Razz (Correct views on XC3 though.) I'm not going to touch too much on your post directly at this time, just because... er, my post is going to be long enough as it is. Embarrassed Here we go...

Unlike Mas, there have been minimal changes to my top 10 (if you can't be bothered to open a spoiler, Xenoblade 3 is now my fifth-favourite Switch game.  That's it), so I'm just including the top 25.  Bold games are new releases in year 6.

Top 25 table:

Yep, that's an entire two new games, and one's right down the bottom.  If I expanded it to my top 30 it'd be the same.  Year 6 wasn't quite as bad as it looks - Chained Echoes, A Space for the Unbound, and especially Neon White were all 8/10s for the period, plus of course my fifth game of all time that doesn't place here because its remaster didn't change many of the fundamentals and unlike Mas I'm not ranking it as a top Switch game on that basis - but this was still without doubt an iffy year for me on Switch.  Here's hoping that year 7 is much better, despite the apparent DLC and remasters focus.  
As for other movements: Sam & Max was a victim of its worse sequel putting Max especially into starker relief, Jackbox 7 started to wear a bit as I further wanted to strangle the Champ'd Up announcer, and MbN just suffers in my memory more than its peers.  

But never mind that: it's time for another edition of, every Switch game Balla played in the last 2 years!  I've done this here and here and they seemed to go down pretty well: basically a whistle-stop tour through my views on these games, whether I've played them enough to have well-formed opinions on them or not (no demos. this time).  Here then are years 5 and 6 on the Balla Switch:

Every Switch game I played in the last 2 years:

As always, keen to see everybody else's top lists and read about best games you played in the past 12 months!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 22:46

Right have you played Seventh Lair yet seeing Fata is 10th?

FAR is great, Florence is even in the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero is Falcom not Atlus,
A Space for the Unbound stop making me want to play it and lastly Voice of Cards is good all hail Yoko Taro whose next great idea is to turn SEGA games in to Waifus.

And I've given my reasoning why Prime is where it is.

Guess anything on my Top 30 you might check out? Like Three Houses finally?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptySun 5 Mar 2023 - 20:35

1. Super Mario Odyssey

2. Sonic Mania Plus

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

7. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

8. Tetris Effect Connected

9. Horizon Chase Turbo

10. Horace

11. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

13. Celeste

14. ARMS

15. A Short Hike

16. Rocket League

17. Bayonetta 1+2

18. Sayonara Wild Hearts

19. Pokemon Legends: Arceus

20. Wild Guns Reloaded

21. Splatoon 2

22. Pokemon: Let’s Go

23. New Pokemon Snap

24. The Ninja Saviours: Return of the Warriors

25. Cruis’n Blast

The updates I made from last year are Horace, Kirby and Shredder’s Revenge. I felt like Sayonara Wild Hearts justified being in here somewhere too, while Streets of Rage 4 has kind of been replaced by Shredder’s Revenge. In the other ‘big’ games I played since the Switch’s fifth anniversary, Two Point Campus, Windjammers 2 and Pokemon SV wouldn’t be too far away from this top 25. Metroid Dread, Lunistice and Nintendo Switch Sports would comfortably slot into a hypothetical top 50. Pocky & Rocky Reshrined – from the same folk who did Wild Guns Reloaded and The Ninja Saviours – was a disappointment that I overall didn’t really like. Bayonetta 3 had some brilliant bits but just as many fucking shite parts too.

I’m not far enough into Sonic Frontiers yet to tell you if it’s first or last.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 12:05

Haven't played Splatoon 3?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 19:53

Good to see that list Cappa!  Although, both you and Mas placing Kirby highly continues to make me resent the fact that I never thought it was as special as anyone else. Aww! It makes my craving for a proper new 3D Mario ever more acute, since outside Hat Kid it feels like nobody else can impress me with that style of 3D platformer any more. Sulk Horace meanwhile is definitely one for the platformer purists.

masofdas wrote:
Guess anything on my Top 30 you might check out? Like Three Houses finally?

Honestly I wouldn't bet on it Mas: the one thing your list reinforces for me is that we have very different tastes, with the odd exception.  I've played eight of your top ten and there's two all-stars, two 8/10s, two 7/10s, and two less than that in there.  Florence well ahead of Metroid Prime Remastered!  I do think you'll like A Space for the Unbound, but every list of your games I see makes me less sure that we should recommend much to each other at all.  (There's also the fact that I've already tried 60% of that list, so it's not like there's loads of new stuff to check out!)

I am really bloody glad you liked XC3 though. Grin If there's anything in there I try it probably is Three Houses, just because we've already got a copy in the flat and The Lady loves it.

masofdas wrote:
Right have you played Seventh Lair yet seeing Fata is 10th? 1.

FAR is great 2., Florence is even in the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences 3., The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero is Falcom not Atlus 4.,
A Space for the Unbound stop making me want to play it and lastly Voice of Cards is good all hail Yoko Taro whose next great idea is to turn SEGA games in to Waifus. 5.

And I've given my reasoning why Prime is where it is.

I am also really bloody glad you actually looked through my list. Grin Thank you, sincerely, for giving my warblings that time.

1. I haven't.  It should probably be on my wishlist, but... me loving Fata so much is why I haven't, basically.  I adore some of those characters (also Mell and Nellie are there), and the idea of their sprites being rehashed into a parody of gamer culture...  I dunno Mas, it might be more than my heart can bear.Crying or Very sad
2. This kinda proves my point. Razz Lots of people on here saying it's great, nobody really saying why.
3. That makes sense to me.  Florence, much like some people have said about Gris, feels like what people outside games might think the tip-top of gaming stories have reached.  They might view gaming as a lesser artform, and the ludonarrative assonance (conveyed through a rapid-fire bunch of minigames without enough time for mood to build) is more than they expect.  I think games can tell better stories than this now.
4. For some reason I always get these two mixed up, like a big mishmash of decent JRPG production.  I'd edit my post, but when I do the table formatting explodes. Hissy fit
5. This also kinda proves my point. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 20:52

Yeah! I do feel I kind of know what you'll like though, or take Seventh Lair ahh that might be for Balla when I saw it due to Fata. Now going to be times when I'm wrong casing point VoC, and recently said about Severed Steel for Jas which I do think he'll like, again I could be wrong. I feel Space for the Unbound is a good example of you to me, as you know, I love a story driven game like that.

Why even the new JRPG thread, well TT I might like, Balla might like Loop8 of the genre, Rum Mato and Jim hates them all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2023 - 20:29

Mato's apparently bobbins so bad luck Rum. Anyway don't want to make this too much of an RPG thread, since I'd love to see a few more lists before we dominate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 12:16

Saw a video recently which was looking at the Top Switch games after 6 years on Meta, so going to give some thoughts on the Top 10 (with scoring). As we know Meta unlike Open has each system done on its own, so you can end up with The Last of Part I on PS5 with an 88 but a 58 on PC that I can see some games doing well on Switch due to handheld, legacy of the series etc compared to elsewhere.

1. Breath of the Wild with a 97.  I'll keep quiet on this one

2. Super Mario Odyssey with a 97. Top quality game and is even my Top Switch games and no highly on others

3. Portal Companion Collection with a 96. Little surprised how high this is but Portal which I have played is a Top 100 like game for me and think this collection is priced really well

4. The House in Fata Morgana with a 96. One in Ballas list, which I've had on my wish list for ages, just been waiting for it to go cheap enough, or I somehow see it physical on VITA

5. Tetris Effect: Connected with a 94. I've played this on Xbox and is good, also played on PS4 with PSVR which I'd say is the way to play this but as I was saying with legacy can see the whole it's Tetris it's on handheld that carries some weight.

6. Metroid Prime Remastered with a 94. I do have in my Top 30, but I think the score is high, is this nostalgia playing part in this?

7. Persona 5 Royal with a 94. I've not played on Switch, but a lot like Tetris can see the whole it's on a handheld angle when previous games P3P and P4G been well received on portables before. Even without the handheld factor, I've got P5 (Regular mostly as only done like one dungeon in P5R) as my number 3 game ever.

8. Hades with a 93. Hades is an odd one as love the artsyle, the VO seems great, the music I've heard, the story I've got a glimpse at all top-notch yet I just can't get on with the actual game part of it. Very much one I appreciate and understand why it's here, still a shame Supergiant are doing Hades II next and not something new like they normally do.

9. Divinity: Original Sin II with a 93. I don't know much about this at all, little surprised is here as feel you'd play on TV because of text and then how does it run on Switch etc.

10. Ori and the Will of the Wisps with a 93. Fantastic Metroidvania, though I still think the first is the better game of the two, as this feels more of the same where that was more fresh.

11. Undertale with a 93. I played this on VITA, and it's good but 93 really, very much feel this was overhyped to me.

12. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with a 93. Not played much of SSBU, so can't really say worth this sort of score, yet I gather part from Melee this is the best SMASH has been.

It's certainly an interesting list, which only Fata I'd want to check out from them that I haven't. The user list is rather different, with things like Superliminal as the number one game, which I'm sure both Balla and I found to be meh.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 6 Apr 2023 - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 1:03

I love you Mas but sometimes you confuse me, a Top 10 with 12 games?

Its kinda sad to see a list with so many ports/remasters/remakes but I guess it sums up a big part of the Switch, a place for a lot of the best games of all time and The House in Fata Morgana (I kid, I'm sure it's great but it definitely looks like the Imposter in the lineup). I've only played half of that 12 (BotW, Odyssey, Tetris, Metroid, Hades and SSB) and I'd say they're all timeless classics and yet they wouldn't all make my top 10, goes to show how strong the library is, the top 10 with just games that first released on Switch is equally as great.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Hades
4. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
5. Celeste
6. Sonic Mania
7. Animal Crossing New Horizons
8. Chained Echoes
9. Dead Cells
10. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
11. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
12. Neon White
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 8:48

masofdas wrote:
I'll keep quiet on this one

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 Congratulations-evangelion
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 13:09

Treesmurf wrote:
I love you Mas but sometimes you confuse me, a Top 10 with 12 games?

Because 11 and 12 have the same score as 8/9/10, so be a shame not to count those two because of well I don't why Meta places them there maybe amount of reviews or something.

BotW is a Wii U games init Winky Face Hades was on PC in EA for ages etc
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 20:12

BotW launched simultaneously as did Hades, early access is like a big demo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 7 Apr 2023 - 15:47

Normally I'd say our top tens are much more important than focussing on the Metacritic stuff, but we only got three lists this time so sure, why not.

The sheer number of remasters and ports and stuff in that list is a bit deflating for sure, although it's nothing we don't already know. Treesmurf's take on the list is... a very kind one I think. Mas dismissing MP1R as nostalgia is peak Mas, as ever. Mas dismissing Divinity 2 as not being so good on Switch though: that's correct. I'm sure there's a grand game to be had, but it was incredibly clunky to play and to run in local co-op. A bizarre addition to the list. And Mas' take on Hades is how I feel for the most part, although I really liked the moment-to-moment gameplay. I'm not surprised to see it there though. I think the real surprises in that list are Divinity 2 and Ori 2, I don't agree with Undertale being up there personally but I came to it part spoiled and I know it has cult classic status.

Treesmurf wrote:
...a place for a lot of the best games of all time and The House in Fata Morgana (I kid, I'm sure it's great but it definitely looks like the Imposter in the lineup).

It absolutely isn't. It's a more niche game, in the same way Undertale say is more niche than Mario Odyssey; but for its genre it's absolutely incredible. Definitely worth picking up at full price, although I didn't so I can understand people waiting for a sale. They're wrong though, just as I was.

Treesmurf wrote:
...the top 10 with just games that first released on Switch is equally as great.

I agree, in that both top 10s are a bit 8/10 in places for me. Razz In the overall one it's Undertale and Ori 2, in that one it's Neon White and Chained Echoes. Great games, but it's odd to see them so high up. It's almost like maybe our own personal lists are more meaningful. Suspect

Buskalilly wrote:
congratulations-evangelion.gif

Bloody hell. With context this is even more cursed than the take it's here for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 7 Apr 2023 - 17:57

For sure are lists are better but thought get some chat on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:46

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Metroid Dread
4. Metroid Prime Remastered
5. Fire Emblem Engage
6. Deadly Premonition: Origins
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus
8. Shin Megami Tensei V
9. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
10. Pokemon Scarlet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 11:22

That is... a very Kriken list. Laughing XC2 ahead of XC3 though? (And everything else.) Do tell!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 12:31

And Engage above Three Houses
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2023 - 11:37

Balladeer wrote:
Bloody hell.  With context this is even more cursed than the take it's here for.  

I think it's appropriate, Mas has passed through the mental cage he was putting himself in.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 1:22

I haven't played Xenoblade 3 yet. I may very well like it more than 2.

I like Engage more than Three Houses because, frankly, the mechanics and the map design are way better. There's also less crap you need to do in between missions - some of it in Three Houses is fun but it gets tiring well before the 2nd/3rd/4th route. Engage is much nicer to look at as well.

The story and world-building in Three Houses is much better and has more emphasis put on it, but it still has its flaws. It's not anywhere close to being my fave JRPG story, and I hate that the protag is silent and the way they are connected to Rhea. In Engage the story is stupid, but fun.

Of course though as it's in my top 10 I still like Three Houses and can see why people might prefer it to Engage. It just doesn't focus on the stuff I like most about the series.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 13:21

Fair, I don't know when you jump into FE, but mine was Awakening and as you may have seen with other chat on here that I'm a fan of Persona that I like the crap you need to do in between as you put it.

Another guess interesting list is not my Top Switch games but looking at my Top 100 games and what is available (Come up talking to EofGiz & CW) on Switch from that would look like

1. Persona 5
2. OoT
3. Yoshi's Island
4. FFIX
5. RE4
6. SM64
7. BioShock
8. FE Three Houses
9. Super Mario Odyssey
10. Catherine
11. Persona 4 Golden
12. Firewatch
13. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
14. Life is Strange
15. The Walking Dead
16. Mario Kart 8
17. Minish Cap
18. Crisis Core
19. Links Awakening Remake
20. TMNT Hyperstone Heist
21. Streets of Rage II
22. Florence
23. Xenoblade 3
24. KH Birth by Sleep
25. REmake
26. KOTOR
27. Kirby Adventure
28. Okami
29. SMB3
30. SM3DW
31. Bayonetta 2
32. Control
33. Monster Hunter Rise
34. Ori Forest
35. Ori Wisps
36. KHII
37. KH
38. Ninja Gaiden
39. Portal
40. Super Mario Sunshine
41. Devil May Cry 3
42. Metroid Dread
43. Pikmin 3

What a great system

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 14 Apr 2023 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 18:59

Kriken wrote:
I haven't played Xenoblade 3 yet. I may very well like it more than 2.

You are in for a treat friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next