We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Really Needs Their Own Game?

Go down 
+7
Treesmurf
Admin
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
beemoh
Balladeer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Who Really Needs Their Own Game? Empty
PostSubject: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 11:49

Inspired by something Stu said in another thread: who needs to have a game built around them, but hasn't got one yet?

I'll start:
Who: Midna, the creepy dwarf thing from TP.
What game: An action RPG, with plenty of combat. Possibly even a brawler.
Why her: Midna is one of the best new characters to come from a Nintendo game in the last decade. Outwardly playful and flirtatious, she's sly and manipulative underneath, and further underneath has a tragic backstory to compete with the best of them. And she could get really violent. I mean really.
Who Really Needs Their Own Game? Zant-1
How she'd play: Light and floaty for the most part, but I can picture her slamming foes against walls with that giant orange hand coming out of her head, using Motion+. Other moves include the obvious teleportation, chucking dark energy about like it's nobody's business, and turning either humanoid or octopoid as a power-up.

Your turn!

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 13:12

Funky Kong, but only to stop anyone else saying it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:00

Funk.......awwwwwww
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:56

Righty-ho.

Who: Ristar, the star-like star of the Mega Drive game Ristar.
What game: A 2D platformer. But in HD.
Why him: Having just beaten his first and only game, I feel he deserves a second chance. From what I've read about the game, it was somewhat ignored on release because of the then upcoming Saturn. He had a great mechanic (which, admittedly, is similar to Dynamite Headdy's, but I feel Ristar's is more creative) that could be explored much more in a sequel.
How he'd play: Pretty similar to the original, I'd say, only with more ideas stuffed inside. A man can dream!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 1:36

I was going to suggest a Peach game, but that's been done already, right?

So long as Tingle doesn't get his own game. Man, who in the right mind would let that creepy fairy fondler into his own game? Glad Nintendo have better sense than that!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 13:20

But Jay, Tingle's already had his... Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhh.

ZJ, for the Sega-illiterate among us, what is Ristar's mechanic?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 16:01

Balladeer wrote:
ZJ, for the Sega-illiterate among us, what is Ristar's mechanic?
Good point, well made! Embarrassed Ristar extends his arms out in front of him. If he grabs anything, he either propels himself towards it (if you let go of the button) or grabs onto it (if you, er, hold the button). There are some exceptions to this - like the poles and various bits of level furniture - that he uses to get around. It's a mechanic that is well-exploited in-game, and... well, here's a video.

Incidentally, I did not use this method to beat that boss! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 18:33

For the SEGA illiterate: Ristar was actually a discarded prototype of the Hedgehog himself. Sonic's grab mechanics were ditched a fair way into the development process, and the Sonic we know from the Mega Drive days was born! Pity Ristar never really took off, it's a gorgeous little platformer.

Anyhoo, back in the land of on-topic: As stated in the comment that allegedly inspired this thread (whoo!): I'd love to see Waluigi either his own game, or maybe a twisted offbeat spinoff of Mario & Luigi's RPG series, starring the Wa-Mario duo. How ace would that be? Come on, tell me that wouldn't not be ace?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 19:17

Or all four of the brothers in one game! But yes, that would be ace.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 19:57

Really, Waluigi is the wrong name, since The "W" bit in "Wario" is an upside-down "M".

Really, we should assume it's been rotated, so "Waluigi" should really be called "7uigi".
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 19:59

Really.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013 - 0:23

Really though that makes no sense, you could just rotate it to "Ruigi" You're Welcome Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013 - 20:00

Having watched some of that video, ZJ, can I suggest that you post some tunes in the Non-Nintendo Music Thread? I'd buy an HD remake, if only to listen to the updated tunes! (Ristar's opening pose irks me, though. Too much "chood".)

Anyway, before we go really far off-topic, I have another suggestion:

Who Really Needs Their Own Game? Kirby3_120

The rest should be obvious. Meta Knight has fast swordplay and lots of special moves, making him perfect for something in a Zelda vein. What makes him potentially better than Link? He can fly. The cape turns into wings, and suddenly you're soaring through levels with no Loftwing required. Plus he can do the whole "vanish into my cape" thing if you like stealth, which I don't.
Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013 - 8:11

Garrus.

Taking names and calibrating guns.

Tali

Taking names and cleaning engines.

Legion.

Taking names and forming consensus'.

[Other Mass Effect Crew Member]

Taking names and [thing that that they say].
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 1:53

Funky Kong's Adventure. That is all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:05

I still want to see this idea I had back on the old place. http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=123350&p=2011005&hilit=Ideas+for+a+bowser+game#p2011005

Bowser RTS

What it will basically be like is pikmin crossed with Advance wars but starring Bowser as the main Character where you get to control all of his minions from Goombas to Koopas, Lakitus & Kamek.
Also you get to build fortresses as you have to eventually dominate the entire Mushroom Kingdom, main enemy to Bowser would be Fawful plus no Mario & Luigi to appear at all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:33

Just to meander away from the topic again slightly: we know that Mario and Luigi are brothers, and we know that Wario and Waluigi are evil counterparts of Mario and Luigi, but has it ever been confirmed that Wario and Waluigi are brothers? Not that anyone cares.

Oh, and 'Wa' means 'Bad' in Japanese, so the names are meant to mean 'Bad Santa Mario' and 'Bad Luigi'.

@Jaster: I remember you coming up with this Bowser RTS idea elsewhere, and I still think it's a good 'un. We've seen Bowser use/abuse his minions in the Mario & Luigi series (but particularly in Bowser's Inside Story), so such a concept is a logical progression.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:02

Aye that's why I linked to my NGamer post Winky Face plus a few folk added some great ideas, also I'd have Julian Gollop head of the project.

Instant Classic.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:06

I obviously skimmed straight past that part of your post. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:21

Stu_the_great wrote:
Just to meander away from the topic again slightly: we know that Mario and Luigi are brothers, and we know that Wario and Waluigi are evil counterparts of Mario and Luigi, but has it ever been confirmed that Wario and Waluigi are brothers? Not that anyone cares.

This is the best I could find.

The RTS idea is a good one, Jas, as are several others in this thread. (Also, there's a Saswatch post in there, which brings back "good" memories. Whatever happened to Buskalilly and Eevilmurray, though?)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:28

Yay! Another ambiguous Nintendo relationship to go with the Kranky Kong/Donkey Kong son/grandson thing, the Bowser/Bowser Jr./Koopalings thing, and of course the Donkey Kong Jr. thing. Oh and not forgetting the 'King K. Rool is clearly a crocodile/alligator; why the hell would a crocodile/alligator want to steal millions of bananas?' thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:35

Balladeer wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

This is the best I could find.

The RTS idea is a good one, Jas, as are several others in this thread. (Also, there's a Saswatch post in there, which brings back "good" memories. Whatever happened to Buskalilly and Eevilmurray, though?)

Laughing

forgot to mention saswatch was in there, eevilmurray did join nintendo nation forums for a bit (though they don't get used much tbh) I have buskalilly on my wii U friend list so I'll have to ask him sometime.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 19:56

I always thought the WarioWare characters deserved their own games. They're too good to be wasted in just mini games.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:36

Balladeer wrote:
Or all four of the brothers in one game! But yes, that would be ace.

They're all brothers?!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:46

Mario and Luigi are brothers with each other; and Wario and Waluigi are brothers with each other. So yep!

...except apparently the Wa*s may not be brothers, somehow. Neutral

But while this thread is dragged kicking and screaming to the surface, I was thinking recently that a Pokémon adventure might be quite fun. And when I say "adventure" I mean "adventure RPG thing kinda like Zelda": go along, collect things/Pokémon to progress, beat larger Pokémon as enemies etc. The big thing would be that at certain points in the game, your main characters evolve! (Maybe, I 'unno, when they've had enough character development or something.) Suddenly you're a lot more powerful, have different abilities, and maybe have hilarious moments where you're not used to your own body or something.

My initial idea was that you have control of the three starters of some region, and change between them to use their unique abilities, like Trine 2 but with a bigger world and not so dull. So Venusaur can use vines to manipulate stuff, Charizard can fly, Blastoise gets to shoot with his cannons, and the villain is Mewtwo because why the heck not. Similar to Poképark 2, then, only not minigame-based and actually good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Really Needs Their Own Game?   Who Really Needs Their Own Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Really Needs Their Own Game?
Page 1 of 1