Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 20:01

Balladeer wrote:
If they can throw in some online-specific eShop sales as well
I'm fairly sure this is already a thing they've announced.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 20:03

Yeah they did and OR wasn't happy about it as we talked about it in regards to PSN as in if you didn't pay would we all get the sale benefit etc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 23:03

It'll be neat to get a few sessions on the online-enabled free titles, at least. I can't see them being something I'll return to time and time again, but I could see half an hour being killed with a bit of co-op Mario Bros..
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 18:29

Balloon Fight is the big one that I reckon most will enjoy early days.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:02

Aye, it'll be a treat getting to play that against actual human beings as opposed to the computer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:17

Yaaaaaaay... I must admit I don't get it. Not unless they've upgraded the original gameplay too.

Treesmurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
If they can throw in some online-specific eShop sales as well
I'm fairly sure this is already a thing they've announced.

Oh! Oh good then. It does, of course, depend on how frequent these are, what games are on offer, and how much they're discounted by. Club Nintendo hasn't been a shining example of excellence on that front.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 12:19

The eshop sales have been decent so far, I hope the good deals don't suddenly all become subscriber exclusive
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:18

How are we talking about the crappy cloud save coming?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:43

Because it's all still rumours at this point?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:46

As in what part? If it's saying on Nintendo's website Splatoon 2 wouldn't be cloud saves, not sure what the rumor part is.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:25

Is Splatoon 2 not all server side anyway? I genuinely don't know, but I thought that your progress in online shooters is normally saved server side so you could sign in as yourself on a totally new device (in theory) and still have all your progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:33

I don't think so, especially with Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 16:20

masofdas wrote:
As in what part? If it's saying on Nintendo's website Splatoon 2 wouldn't be cloud saves, not sure what the rumor part is.

Pretty much all of it because the cloud save function hasnt been officially detailed yet, I just think some folk are getting annoyed without having the full picture first.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 16:23

I guess but why update the website and put this game doesn't support cloud saves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 18:03

Because it probably doesn't? I don't think it's that necessary for Splatoon anyway, for me I'll want it more for games I know I'm going to put a lot of time into like MH or for BotW where losing my save would probably make me cry.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 22:51

Can I confirm that whenever we all have to click a button three times to wake up our Switch, that we all go for the obvious choice: ZR? If you aren't choosing the clown nose noise every time then you might be a monster.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 17:55

The_Jaster wrote:
Because it probably doesn't? I don't think it's that necessary for Splatoon anyway, for me I'll want it more for games I know I'm going to put a lot of time into like MH or for BotW where losing my save would probably make me cry.

I think it's a load of crap if true which from the website you'd think yes, I would be furious if something like Overwatch I lost all my stuff because it wasn't part of the cloud and on Switch Pokemon not having it is a huge deal, bet it's to get people to use Pokemon Bank or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 18:03

Seems like Nintendo life already confirmed it with this recent FAQ.

Nintendo life wrote:

To be perfectly clear here, Nintendo is stating that cloud saving will be available with every single game, though it's up to the developers to enable it.

Our current understanding is that your save will automatically upload to the cloud when you finish playing, and that when you start playing again the game will simply download the cloud save. If your internet goes a bit wobbly during this progress, your Switch will default to the newer save, preventing you from losing progress. There also doesn't seem to be any limits in terms of save data size or number of save files.

HOWEVER, and this is a pretty huge however, certain games won't ever support cloud saves – and that includes FIRST PARTY NINTENDO GAMES. The reason for this, according to Nintendo, is to avoid cheating. Games that we currently know that won't support cloud saving include:

Splatoon 2
Dark Souls: Remastered
FIFA 19

Nintendo's justification for this is that it wants to prevent players, effectively, rolling back negative changes in persistent games, or to regain items that they traded to other players, or to revert to a higher online multiplayer ranking.

----

I definitely get it but sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good and there is a lot of good in there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 19:07

Rum Rapture wrote:
Can I confirm that whenever we all have to click a button three times to wake up our Switch, that we all go for the obvious choice: ZR? If you aren't choosing the clown nose noise every time then you might be a monster.

I keep forgetting that the buttons make different noises and just mash the A button. Sorry. (checks self for horns and tentacles)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 19:47

I think all the front-facing buttons make the same noise, but ZL and ZR are different. And ZR is the best. Honk honk!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:45

They make different noises? What?! Shocked
I've been using the A button since launch, so this was news to me.

As for the cloud saving nonsense, I would have assumed that there'd be something server-side to check the validity of your save data matches when you last were logged in playing the game or something along those lines. How does it work on other platforms for multiplayer games?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:53

The multiplayer thing is actually crazy. As far as I'm aware the only game I've ever played that didn't hold the multiplayer data server side is RDR - and that was one of the worst things to ever happen. When I lost all the save data on my PS3 I lost my Prestiged RDR character and it put my right off the game. There's no excuse to hold online data on the save file.

The Dark Souls thing is the closest thing to acceptable there, but frankly that's up to the player if they want to roll back to an earlier save as far as I'm concerned. There's not even something like system wide achievements attached to it, so why does it matter if a player wants to do this? It's only affecting their own personal experience. PS counters this to some degree anyway by only allowing 1 upload a day. Sure if you're really patient you can abuse that system, but it's a pretty negligible case.

Classic case of Nintendo nonsense here if that's true...

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 22:12

JayMoyles wrote:

What the hell guys? This is totally unacceptable. I'm on the brink of leaving the forum for aeons again in disgust.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 22:58

JayMoyles wrote:

As for the cloud saving nonsense, I would have assumed that there'd be something server-side to check the validity of your save data matches when you last were logged in playing the game or something along those lines. How does it work on other platforms for multiplayer games?

I think it varies game to game, but a fair few you can still save scum anyway like in MH World when re-rolling decorations folk not only use the cloud save to save scum they've figured out the drops have a pattern so you can know exactly when you will get a certain decoration. (The auto save is meant to prevent this but doesn't)

It sucks if true but it's Nintendo just eliminating the possibility of this the hard way.

Rum Rapture wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

What the hell guys? This is totally unacceptable. I'm on the brink of leaving the forum for aeons again in disgust.

I like clicking in the sticks for the wake up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:22

That makes a bit more sense, I suppose. I know Nintendo are going to get slammed for it though - some would say rightfully so, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next