Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:43

Me, on the other hand...

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 PitifulSelfassuredBlobfish-max-1mb
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:09

I'm somewhere in between. Which... I guess makes me Patrick?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:26

Not sure where this goes, but this will do...

It seems as though we're getting our first proper media app in the West on Switch and it's... um, Inky Pen, a comic book app? I've never heard of it and it doesn't seem as though it's got a great selection on there, but I do hope it opens the floodgates for more apps to make their way Switchwards.

How about you lot? Any apps you want to see on Switch? Or if you couldn't give a toss, why's that?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 11:18

Maybe the apps for YouTube, Netflix, Fake Taxi, BBC iPlayer and the rest will come along with Nintendo Switch Online? These apps are surely on the way, surely!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 14:58

That's definitely a really odd one to lead with. It's never going to be something I sob for not having, but it'd definitely be nice!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 19:47

I think I said somewhere that I thought the Switch being tablet like and using mobile hardware that thing's like a eBooks would make a lot sense for it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:53

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Maybe the apps for YouTube, Netflix, Fake Taxi,

Laughing

I'm wondering if this'll get Marvel interested into launching Marvel Unlimited on Switch. Bizarre that we're kicking off with a comic book reader app, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 14:36

What's that, you want more rogue like announcements? Nintendo has you covered with another indie showcase on the 28th. Twisted Evil

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/nintendo_switch_nindies_showcase_summer_2018_announced_for_28th_august
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:08

Looking forward to half an hour of gameplay showing no actual level design. Winky Face

What's the difference between this and the previous Direct, though?  Seems a bit odd to have two straight after one another, and I wonder whether this might look at some slightly bigger indie titles.  I can't think (off the top of my head) of anything shown last time that would count as 'big'.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:19

Yeah it's definitely odd maybe it's more a focus on what's coming out really soon? A lot of the games in the other one were end of the year or just labeled as 2019.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 23:05

I'd laugh if it's just the Nintendo UK Nindies Direct dubbed with an American voiceover. Laughing

On a serious note, I'd imagine we'll get a release date for Wargroove and maybe hear more about the next Shovel Knight campaign. Beyond that, not a scooby!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 11:53

I got my threads mixed up: as I said elsewhere, I've heard somewhere that most of the games in the previous Direct were of European heritage, so perhaps this is for more American and Japanese offerings? Not heard it from anywhere realiable though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:19

I think that ended up being the case in the second Nindies Direct, no? I could be wrong, though - not bothered to check the location of the devs behind each of the games shown off in the second part.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 18:45

Balladeer wrote:
Every company takes their turn at being the customer-friendly ones. Then they get smug.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm sure that we'll be feeling that way about Nintendo's online service in due course...

Yer man Jay's not wrong. It's interesting that the recently announced Direct for tomorrow is very much focussed on games. I'm happy about that: I'd rather hear about them than how much an online service I don't really acre about costs, or what NES games we'll be able to play for the umpteenth time on it. But it's getting awfully close now. Surely they'll have to break the bad news sooner or later?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 19:06

I don't know what the bad news will be as we know it's £20, I guess no mention about games beyond NES for ages
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 19:56

I don't think we're going to avoid the online service rearing its head in the Direct. I think the "bad news" as Balla put it is that there's a paid online service in the first place with Nintendo not having the best track record for a stable online experience. Its first year will be a critical one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 20:37

Pretty much. Thus far, we know that online play (which we've previously enjoyed for free on Switch) is going to be shut behind a £20 paywall, in recompense for which we'll get a bunch of NES games with online multiplayer (which may contribute a fair amount to Balloon Fight but won't do much to Legend of Zelda, say; remove that and these are games we've all played before ad nauseam), some cloud storage (do we know how much?), and...?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 20:44

They're going to make Zelda procedurally generated.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 20:51

Balladeer wrote:
(BotW2 is announced)
masofdas wrote:
They're going to make Zelda procedurally generated.

Welcome back, you join us at one set all in this gripping match...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 6:28

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't think we're going to avoid the online service rearing its head in the Direct. I think the "bad news" as Balla put it is that there's a paid online service in the first place with Nintendo not having the best track record for a stable online experience. Its first year will be a critical one.

Balladeer wrote:
Pretty much.  Thus far, we know that online play (which we've previously enjoyed for free on Switch) is going to be shut behind a £20 paywall, in recompense for which we'll get a bunch of NES games with online multiplayer (which may contribute a fair amount to Balloon Fight but won't do much to Legend of Zelda, say; remove that and these are games we've all played before ad nauseam), some cloud storage (do we know how much?), and...?

While I understand the caution over the online service from the info we do know I think it's sounding good? So surely it will only improve over time as they add new games.

Also I've heard not all games will require the sub to play online (obviously all Nintendo made games probably will) mostly free to play stuff like Fortnite & Paladins etc - the way I see it, is this is a small price to pay so they can steadily improve their online in games going forward rather than it feeling like an after thought.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 16:38

Fair enough if you're okay with what's already on offer Jas: I find it lacking, and I know I'm not alone in that. I need to see more before I fork over my £20. I am, of course, not much of an online gamer myself, which skews things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:25

Since we are going to have to wait a little longer until we find out more details what would it need for you to part with your cash/be a decent service?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:30

That's a fair question! Eh? I'm not really interested in NES titles (or similar/previous eras), so I think I'd want to see some SNES or later titles - preferably ones that haven't come out (or not ad nauseam) on Virtual Consoles.  If they can throw in some online-specific eShop sales as well, or allow you to get free themes for your Switch menu (in addition to offering purchasable ones through the eShop), then I'd be genuinely pleased with the offering.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:42

That's pretty reasonable and I can actually see them happening as well, I just think they are maybe looking to build the service up bit by bit (hopefully they don't do this too slowly) so folk don't feel like it's something they need to enjoy their Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:54

Hm, maybe.  It did strike me as I was pondering it over that I don't know exactly how much of the SNES and N64's top games got released on the VCs, so maybe they do need to give themselves some leeway.  Personally I think that starting with just NES games is a bit much, given that you won't be able to play online without it, and may therefore feel you need to buy it anyway.  (NB: you pl., but not me. Razz )

I did forget the golden ideal one, which is some form of reward if you had the month's game previously on the Wii U VC.  (I presume other machines would be harder to link up.)  I think that's probably expecting a bit much though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 5 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next