Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 May 2018 - 20:57

Hmmm... I might not jump in straight away with Ninty's online stuff, as I'm not a mega-online-playing person, but PS+ has been worth it for the "free stuff" and extra safety nets, so I suspect I'll cave soon enough. I need to beat you all at Mario Tennis for a start.

I think the Virtual Console, as it was, needed a rethink. It's a tad disappointing to see the GIAG release mentioning Soccer as a highlighted NES game, mind. Oh well, I'll take any excuse to play old NES games, so again, I'll cave soon enough.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2018 - 23:48

I'll no doubt be signing up, I don't play as much Switch online as I'd like to but I'd still like the option whenever I do, like most I'd likely use it more if others did and I could see that being the case when this properly launches.

The arrival of Mario Tennis and Smash Bros will get me playing loads more online and like Mas suggested I can see the classic game selection incresing quite a bit so I'm sure I'll get my money's worth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 13:45

I am still very wary about assuming that the selection on offer is going to expand at anything resembling a reasonable rate. Ninty does not have a good track record in this, and starting with just 10 NES classics ain't the best sign. Hope to be proven wrong, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 19:40

The site says 20 launch games, doesn't it? They've only named 10 of them for now with maybe the other 10 to be revealed at e3 - also surely with the various sub options being monthly that's when they'd give us a batch of new games. (I'd be fine with them adding 2 - 4 each month)
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 22:57

It's nice to see a few people with an itch for Mario Tennis. I'll definitely be up for a few games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 0:57

That Mario Tennis demo thing is right when I come off the farm and settle into my place in Osaka so I'll be well up for taking a punt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 10:21

Theoretically I'd be up for it, but we all know how lousy my efforts at getting online are... Sulk
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 20:21

DoPo: rhythm-shmuppy-thing Just Shapes and Beats is out next week. I liked the look of this when it was revealed in the Nindie showcase. I'll be looking at getting it.

So why am I double-posting this here, instead of double-posting it in the eShop thread? Because it means that, in the space of a month, there are suddenly three games I'm interested in - first JSnB, then Sushi Striker a week or so after, and Mario Tennis Aces in the latter half of June.

I know use of the 'd' word is forbidden around these parts, so I'll stick to saying it's the first time in a few months I've felt excited about gaming, and that deserves a cheerful post. Bounce Anybody else finding their gaming about to pick up, or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 20:26

I think it will just be you, due to being single format and only liking certain genres, which isn't a bad thing as you seem to be excited for those games coming and more than likely appreciate them more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 23:20

masofdas wrote:
I think it will just be you, due to being single format and only liking certain genres, which isn't a bad thing as you seem to be excited for those games coming and more than likely appreciate them more.

Gotta disagree with you there, on ps4 I've not really fancied anything since MH world came out (real tough act to follow for me) so I often turn to Switch for quick indie games or stuff I can dip in and out easily. So Im also looking forward to JSnB & Mario Tennis plus I have Hyrule warriors which I picked up on Wednesday - it definitely feels like a corner has been turned.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 5:37

It is such a subjective question though from Balla as for me personally there has always been something new to play every month be it retail or download with the likes of Kirby, God of War and Detroit this month being the stand outs along with literary hundreds of games releasing every month.

That I still think it's personal taste of what gets you excited out of what has released.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 9:07

Of course it's subjective and personal taste!  It's pretty much as subjective as questions (that aren't 'what are your top x games satisfying y') can get.  Yet I had an inkling that it might not just be me.  I know, for example, that Jayseph 'Jay' Moyles wasn't too fussed by Dad of Boy (are we still doing that?  Is it still funny?), and it looks like Jaster 'Jas' Stewart might fall into the same category.  

I just wanted not to feel alone, is that too much to ask? Sad Also to encourage discussion about videogames we're enjoying (how is HW treating you Jas?) and are hoping to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 16:12

It's not that I wasn't fussed about Kratos's Adventures in Thorland, but more that I'm trying not to buy anything new unless I'm sorely tempted by it considering the universe enveloping mass that is my backlog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 17:16

If there was any game so far this year, too buy though Jay it is that as it's quite arguably one of the best first-party game this gen.

As I like stats, who doesn't love stats (I know Balla does). I've gone back and looked at what I've played from this year (well I went back to December as it sort of gets forgotten about due to GOTY chat normally taking place before it along with Christmas etc)

System, Retail, Digital, Total
Switch, 2, 7, 9
PS4, 6, 0, 6
Xbox One, 2*, 2, 4
VITA, 0, 1, 1
Mobile, 0, 1, 1
Total 10, 11, 2

21 games aren't as many games I thought I'd played from this year but I have recently been playing some older games (which wouldn't count) due to Game Pass and Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One but this does tell me I play an avg of 3.5 new games a month which looking at June is Mario Tennis, Sushi Striker at least and not much different from any other month it seems to me.

*retail game played digitally
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 9:17

To be fair, you of all people Mas I expected to disagree even before I posed the question.  At the same time that's two Switch retail games you've played in this time, and how many of the downloadables were memorable?

JayMoyles wrote:
...considering the universe enveloping mass that is my backlog.

Many good Switch games in there?  Do we need to re-resurrect that thread?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 9:43

Going back a bit - before this becomes just a thread of people listing how many games they've played For A Little While - I also like the look of Just Shapes and Beats for two reasons: the graphical style, and of course the way the level geometry syncs up with the music. However, I fear there's too much going on for my old man eyes! Also, things happening with the music can also mean "you died because you couldn't know what was going to happen - please remember for next time".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 11:05

Balladeer wrote:
To be fair, you of all people Mas I expected to disagree even before I posed the question.  At the same time that's two Switch retail games you've played in this time, and how many of the downloadables were memorable?

I think Andy would likely fall into the same category as me as I know he plays even more then I do because he'll play things like Far Cry 5.

On the Switch, it's an odd one as yes I have only bought 2 retail games for Switch that have come out in the last 6 months but I do think if I was Switch only that number would be very different along with what I've played as I would have likely finished Xenoblade 2 (one of the two reatil games) same with LA Noire, given Skyrim more of a go, I would have bought Darkest Dungeon, Lost Sphear, LABO, Attack on Titan 2 to name a few for instance.

I think I could same about the Xbox One or even the PS4 if I didn't have a Switch I would have bought Celeste on that instead for instance.

Really is why I look at as gaming as a whole and with only so much time & money, it means I don't pick up something like a Lost Sphear or Attack on Titan 2 as God of War or Shadow of the Colossus is something I'd sooner invest in over them.

On the second bit about was any of those download games were memorable yep Night in the Woods, Subsurface Circular (this has had a follow-up but not on Switch yet) both made my Top 10 Switch games and even though I wasn't keen on Celeste it still think the story was rather memorable.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 17:00

Maybe I just haven't been dipping into enough games then?  But I'm not sure any of those are big games, as evidenced by you not picking them up.  That said, this is getting a little bit into the topic of conversation that Jay said to shut down, so I'll move instead onto this:

Jimbob wrote:
Going back a bit - before this becomes just a thread of people listing how many games they've played For A Little While - I also like the look of Just Shapes and Beats for two reasons: the graphical style, and of course the way the level geometry syncs up with the music. However, I fear there's too much going on for my old man eyes! Also, things happening with the music can also mean "you died because you couldn't know what was going to happen - please remember for next time".

I am slightly worried for the same reason.  I'm bobbins at bullet hell, as Undertale showed too clearly.  As long as it's better than Thumper, I'll call it a qualified success.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 20:12

Sure, I've got more to say on the subject but I will leave it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 19:51

Balladeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
...considering the universe enveloping mass that is my backlog.

Many good Switch games in there?  Do we need to re-resurrect that thread?

Tropical Freeze and Celeste are the two I'm most guilty about. I need to finish Celeste off as folks have said it really picks up in the latter half of the game - around the point I left off at, actually. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 19:54

...mate don't get me started. DAMN YOU! If you left off at level 4 or thereabouts, that's the game at its nadir. Level 5 had its ups and downs - thereafter it's almost exclusively brilliance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 19:55

On the behest of your shaking fist emote, I'll be firing it up after my forum jaunt for a level or two. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 20:07

(tries to ban Jay temporarily)

(realises he can't ban a fellow admin.)

(shakes fist further in impotent rage)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 14:05

I honestly can't think of anything remotely resembling a low point in Celeste, every level is top tier gaming as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 17:41

The hotel level and the wind level afterwards felt like a dip in my eyes, and I can say that with certainty after they popped in the big compilation level at the end of the game. Celeste was at its most fun where I was barrelling through obstacles making split-second decisions and movements, not using timing to jump past fuzzy creatures. Wind mechanics are always a thumbs down for me, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next