Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 19:12

I didn't mind the hotel level (malevolent Totoro dust spirits!), partly because of the way it builds up, but wind mechanics: nah.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:58

The hotel and mirror temple are arguably the low points because of their size slowing down the pace of the game, but both had strong level narratives I thought that helped keep the standard high.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 20:13

That bit with bloody Hugo though. Grr.

(Psst, O_R - your signature still points to SONM!)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 20:22

Worth it for the B-side dialogue though!

And hey SONM still lives in my heart Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Jun 2018 - 22:15

Drunka's favs Digital Foundry have taken a look at Super Mario Galaxy on Nvidia Sheild, which you can watch here.

Why isn't this on Switch yet as it has proper controls and looks so good, so much so that it's supersampled back down to 1080p. I would but that this week if announced at E3 for £20-25 on the eShop and would pay £30-40 for it on a cart.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 12:23

What do we think of Nintendos exclusive line up for the rest of year now after the direct and seeing Yoshi has seemingly been delayed to 2019 along with Fire Emblem.

June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Captain Toad, Octopath Traveller, Go Vacation
August: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
September: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country DLC
October: Super Mario Party, Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Nintendo Content)
November: Pokemon Let's Go
December: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Autumn: The World Ends With You: Final Remix, would make sense to go into the sort of empty September slot
2018: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

There is a lot like there but I feel we're missing one other bigger game as even though SMASH looks great it's not exactly new and fro myself not going to but XC2 DLC, not got mates local for Party.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 12:59

Looks great, something every month.

What's the difference between smash 4 and smash 5? New stages, characters, and ????

Smash ultimate is a new game, it's as new as any smash game that isnt the original. Are we looking for an overhaul to the physics or any mechanics? Hell no. Only tweaks, and that's what's in smash ultimate.

Having snake and co back is like having a bunch of new characters to me anyway, same with the stages. I can understand people wanting more brand new characters, but we're going to have a bunch of characters right off the bat and they could always make more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 14:36

As I said elsewhere that is a solid line up for the next 6 months & a nice bit of variety too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 14:52

That's not counting third party stuff, like Wolfenstein and Dark Souls, which have my dick wiggling. Plus there are bound to be a few total surprise indie games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 17:17

I see SMASH Ultimate in the same way as Mortal Kombat Trilogy or Armageddon or the version of Street Fighter II that all the content instead of Street Fighter III. Not that's a bad thing as the base game is great but less exciting.

That for me personally it's not that an exciting line up beyond Octopath and Pokemon, hopefully, there are a bunch of great indies. Didn't put 3rd party, Drunka as those can be played anywhere but some great ones coming, would put same for PS4 or One it would just be things like Spider-Man or Forza Horizon 4 in a list like that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:00

Yeah but you wouldn't play anything on an old-fashioned black box when you can play it on the almighty Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:04

My Switch doesn't go anywhere, so I'm all up that picture on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:58

I reckon that the bigger games can be slimmed down to:

June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Octopath Traveller
August: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate  
September: []
October: []
November: Pokémon Let's Go
December: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

TWEWY, NMH3, and Dark Souls can go somewhere into that list. That's decent, speaking objectively. A big game every month if the remainder are arranged and marketed correctly. (What happened to that Labo marketing? It seems to have died rather suddenly.)

Speaking for me, slightly more eh. After July, the big games are all not fixed in place, rather too nostalgia-focussed for me to get excited, or MonHun. I think I'll be fine though, I'm drowning in my backlog as is. There'll be the odd indie that turns out to be rather fantastic along the way too, I'm sure. (When's Hyper Light Drifter becoming a thing?)

Muss wrote:
What's the difference between smash 4 and smash 5? New stages, characters, and ????

Many all-new characters, I'd say, and hopefully a new story mode. Two characters isn't enough really, for all that they're the best two characters that could have been picked. I hope we'll get at least another 3, but even then it feels like a half-generation leap for someone who plays Smash for the new characters. Mostly reproducing old stuff makes me (in a shocking turn of events) agree with Mas on this one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:15

Muss wrote:
Are we looking for an overhaul to the physics or any mechanics? Hell no. Only tweaks, and that's what's in smash ultimate.

Judging by what I've read from the plethora of pro players I follow on Twitter, the game feels much faster than SSB4. They've classed it as being somewhere between Melee and SSB4 in terms of game speed. That makes sense considering how often the Direct brought up how quick things like Final Smashes felt. They nailed the core game feel with SSB4 in my eyes and I think people saying "haw haw it's only Smash 4.5" are only going by visual points. I reckon it'll feel fairly different to play whilst still retaining that familiarity from SSB4. I mean, every other fighter doesn't bother reinventing the wheel when it comes to the next iteration, so why should Smash?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:25

They don't reinvented but you can't tell me this is like Street Fighter 3 and not more like Super Duper Hyper Turbo Mega Mix Street Fighter 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:32

I mean, it kind of is. The SF2 ports bumped up the game speed and added super combos, but mechanically it was the same game beyond those changes. SFIII added tons more mechanics but it seems like SSBU is doing the same too. They showed off some of them in the Direct - like that perfect shield, for example - and even a cursory glance at some of the matches shown off in the Treehouse or Invitational would confirm how different the game feels in term of speed, knockback and other mechanics that 90% of people who play Smash won't care about it, but it's there. Trust me - after 560 hours of Smash 4, I'd be the person on GNamer to ask about differences between Smash 4 and SSBU.

I think classing this in the same level of marginal upgrade as Capcom's many SF2 ports is doing Sakurai and the gang a real disservice. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:48

Yeah as someone who's put that time in yeah, you'll see the differences but me watching it be it the direct or Treehouse now, it just looks like a best of SMASH and like I said about a Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat they both had best of games, Mortal Kombat even had two of them Trilogy and Armageddon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:50

The irony is that Street Fighter III got rid of all of SFII's characters but two, whereas SSBU has done exactly the opposite.

Anyway, this chat is dull.  When do people think we'll finally see Dark Souls?  Do people think we'll ever get an explanation for the delay?  (Look at me, voluntarily steering the subject to Dark Souls... full heel turn there.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:53

Balladeer wrote:
(Look at me, voluntarily steering the subject to Dark Souls... full heel turn there.)

More like face turn, I think. Winky Face

I reckon we'll see it in August. And nope, can't imagine we'll get an explanation for the delay at this point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:55

Framerate in blightown as it has issues still on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, only the One X sticks to 60fps that I'm thinking Switch version is having some that is below the standard they want.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 21:02

I guess if they can iron out any remaining tweaks from the other versions then that'll be of benefit in the long run. Although don't developers just patch such things nowadays?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 21:04

They should just delete Blighttown. You should exit the depths and immediately warp to the next area. Pretend the Chosen Undead blacked out or something, it'll be new LORE and all those nerds will gobble it up. Who'd get excited about LORE... I mean come on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 23:18

Balladeer wrote:
I guess if they can iron out any remaining tweaks from the other versions then that'll be of benefit in the long run.  Although don't developers just patch such things nowadays?

They do but it's not bad on the other consoles I think the One drops down to 50odd fps, that it might be left as is or cap at 30fps or something. I would think the team behind the PlayStation's and Xbox's would be talking to Virtuos but you never know they might not.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 7:46

Blight Town is brilliant. The frame rate was never bad enough to actually impact gameplay. Thematically, it's a key point in both the Chosen Undead's quest (she falls through the lowest lows just before rising back up to the top of the world) and the worldbuilding. In terms of gameplay, it's one of the purest doses of Dark Souls magic, initially daunting and horrible but eventually revealing itself to be kinda small, tightly designed and with a crack in the ceiling that lets you look up to the magnificent sky.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 17:54

I'd heard so much complaining about blight town that by the time I got there I took it very patiently and it ended up not being a terrible area at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 3 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next