64 Sunshine Galaxy is just what Britain will feel like in ten years.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)   Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast) - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:36

Fair enough, good luck with the new mike!

I actually attended a Fortean Society virtual talk on Stonehenge the other day. The presenter's suggestion was that it was used as a mnemonic device, aiding memory before words were a thing. She cited current-day Aboriginal devices and places of similar structure with similar purpose. Like the rock-boy himself, it was really interesting. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)   Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast) - Page 12 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 19:59

There was one recent podder that made me actually genuinely giggle a lot, but now I can't remember what it was, sorry.  Corsola was good, but then anything that made you get on your high Ponyta about climate change was always going to get a Thumbs Up! from me.  Sorry I sounded so halting and circular about Drakloak.

Anyway!  What to do after Gen. 8 expires and you've had a break.  The obvious answer is 'what you want', but assuming you're looking for actual suggestions: not Gen. 7, I reckon now's the time to get back on track and do the rest of them in 'the right' order.  Apart from anything else it'll give you more time to stretch the pod out for without padding, assuming that's what you want.

What I think would be really quite cool is for you to look at different monster-based franchises and 'love' the mascots as an excuse to chat about a series a week, or a fortnight, or whatever.  Digimon, Yo-Kai Watch, MonHun, Nexomon...  Obviously you wouldn't be able to talk in-depth about some of these, but you could research the mascots, read their Pokédex equivalents, and get other people who know more about those series to fill in the blanks...

...or just pretend they're Pokémon and do them completely straight, with made-up competitive info. and Pokédex entries, and really confuse people.  I'd laugh my head off at that.  Anyway, I think that might be a fun idea, but you do what makes you happy, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Eternatus
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)   Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast) - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:45

I would love to do Luke Loves Digimon but everything's a bit more vague and nebulous with Digimon. It's not like Pokémon where every monster is numbered, the game canon supersedes all else and the families are well defined.

I'd also like to do an open Luke Loves Monsters and just look at mythology, maybe starting with Japan, but that would be a lot of work so it won't happen any time soon.

As it happens, the fates seem to have intervened. Right as I was wondering what to do . . . a Monster Hunter Direct went and happened, reinvigorating me and the boys. So my current thinking is that Monster Mash might fill up my Thursday podcasting slot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)   Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke Loves Pokémon (a Forumite Podcast)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12