Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 7 Jun 2020 - 21:44

It turns out that, if it's not Tetris, it confuses me! I struggle with Dr. Mario, and I've struggled with the Pon Panels (I also remember playing the DS one). But I will persevere, on account of not wanting to be a stupid-head.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 12:35

Three new NES and SNES games are online now:

I don't love Donkey Kong Country as much as others, but it's still pretty good and I can see myself giving it a playthrough very soon. I thought NCW was really hard when I tried playing it on Virtual Console, I don't know if I'll try again. The Immortal has it's own AVGN episode!

Anybody arsed?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 13:23

I remember playing DKC at a friend's (he has a SNES, I had a Mega Drive) and it was impressive. It's a very frustrating game though - I watched Luke from Outside Xtra (Youtuber) play it recently and it highlighted how each level has a sharp difficulty spike right before the level's exit.

Not arsed about the NES games myself and I'm not sure DKC is something that can be played "for fun" unless you're wildly nostalgic or severely demented.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 13:39

Give me DKC2 and I'll be happy
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:18

Give me DKC2 and I'll be unhappy. I don't get why people like it. "I'm not sure DKC is something that can be played "for fun" unless you're wildly nostalgic or severely demented" indeed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:23

I must be on the severely demented side as I didn't play till early 2000s after getting a Cube and going back to Nintendo's older systems.

Edit

Thinking about it could be nostalgia as 2003 (guessing I got a SNES in 2003 not 2002) was 17 years ago, which is a bigger cap then DKC2 to Cube launch that yeah could be
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 13:39

I was quite excited to play DKC, think I last played on the Wii and it was as fun as I remember but playing on the Switch felt a little off, maybe I've been spoilt by the newer games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 15:22

I think the Donkey Kong platformers have carved out a nice niche for themselves as the "hard platformer" in Nintendo's line-up. You've got Kirby for an easy going jaunt, Mario for a wee bit of challenge and then Donkey Kong for a big challenge. Personally, it's not really for me, but it's still neat to see the SNES and NES Online services receiving updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 19 Jul 2020 - 15:44

I'm surprised it's taken this long for DKC to show up.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 20:28

I didn't know about the AVGN episode on The Immortal, and I don't think I've ever heard of it before this. Watching that video was like " Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ". It looks like one of those old curiosities, something like Captain Blood, where you can't believe a unique idea existed so long ago and hasn't been updated... basically because it's not actually any fun to play! Therefore, I can't wait to try it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2020 - 2:05

My American and Canadian colleagues are constantly trying to convince me DKC is good. I've tried playing many times, it's just clunky and unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 22:35

There's a free trail for Pokken Tournament DX happening for the next five days:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Pokken-Tournament-DX-1231536.html

You get access to the full game if you've got a Nintendo Switch Online membership. I've downloaded it and played it for a couple of hours, and although it's definitely not got enough new to get me upgrading my Wii U copy for this DX version, I still think it's pretty good. 

If anybody wants some online games while the trial lasts, give me a shout.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 1:06

I've actually got the Switch cartridge but I've barely played it. I'm definitely down for a few rounds.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 10:19

After Super Mario All Stars last week, we're getting three new SNES games and a NES game next week:

Diddy's Kong Quest is the star attraction there, and while I think it's overrated to buggery, I'll maybe enjoy it a little more with the rewind button. I've never played this version of Mario's Super Picross, and I'd never even heard of The Peace Keepers. S.C.A.T. on the NES is supposedly quite good, but I never played it because, you know, jobby.

A platformer, a puzzler, a side-scrolling brawler and a shooter.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 16:42

I don't know if some of these are already on the Western Online service but Japan is getting Super Tennis, Donkey Country 2, Fire Emblem 3 (can't remember the subtitle), Wild Guns
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 18:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Diddy's Kong Quest is the star attraction there, and while I think it's overrated to buggery, I'll maybe enjoy it a little more with the rewind button.

I read on Twitter that you're not a real gamer if you use the rewind button. This is a forum for real gamers only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:05

But this isn't even a forum for real people. Monty_The_Mole, Sammy The Snake, Katie Hopkins, Balladeer, it's basically all parody accounts.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 20:24

masofdas wrote:
I don't know if some of these are already on the Western Online service but Japan is getting Super Tennis, Donkey Country 2, Fire Emblem 3 (can't remember the subtitle), Wild Guns
We do indeed, or will indeed, have all of those except Fire Emblem 3.
And assuming you mean Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Country does itself sound like an amazing game... hm... *ideas happening*

I'm really pleased for Picross being there - although I would've ideally shared this with family members that would've loved it...

The other two *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 22:36

WHERE IS DONKEY COUNTRY THESE NINTENDO DIRECTS ARE SHIT
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 23:27

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
But this isn't even a forum for real people. Monty_The_Mole, Sammy The Snake, Katie Hopkins, Balladeer, it's basically all parody accounts.

Oh someone went to some real effort then to hire an actor for those last few GNamer meet ups we had, that's some real commitment to your parody account.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 1:26

That would explain why he went to bed so early; the actor wasn't paid past 9pm.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 11:06

Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 17:45

You don't mean to say you were fooled by the deeply unconvincing comedy accent 'I' was putting on? Suspect

Mario Super Picross is definitely one of the better picross titles out there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 19:35

Excellent - although I may have been spoiled by the touchscreen of the 3DS.

I needed continues to finish both Super Mario Bros. 1 and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the ol' All-Stars. I am old and getting worse...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020 - 11:36

I remember somebody saying in the music challenge thread that Streets of Rage II's OST really enhances the whole game. The Peace Keepers is the opposite: it's got no soundtrack during the stages. You're just left with ambience. It's one of the strangest things I think I've ever seen in a game - surely this type of game needs a high-octane and dynamic soundtrack?

Anyway, I've been getting good use out of both of these apps, getting long play sessions on many of the games already available. It's getting hard to see where they can go next though. Apart from Donkey Kong Country 3, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG and a small handful of games from Capcom, Konami, Jaleco, Natsume and Data East combined, I can't really think of anything that I'd bet on coming to either NES or SNES Online. Maybe it's coming time for Nintendo to think about a Game Boy or N64 app...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 6 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next