We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!

Go down 
+6
Balladeer
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 12:56

There are games out other than Pokemon? Let's go peek at you...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 15:14

I like that one
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:35

I get the impression you'll be shunning me again Mas. Gravely disappointed...

JayMoyles wrote:
Here are three suggestions:

1) November Games Releases: Let's Go! Mas and Let's Go! Ofdas

2) Games... Games Never Change

3) It's a strange November as it has some big-name games Pokemon, Battlefield, Fallout and Crash Dummies along with Switch ports

Jimbob wrote:
I vote for #3

...especially as the people have spoken. This won't stand. I'll be handing out the pitchforks soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 15:50

Number 3 is just too long and people aren't always right.

I do like the first one though and could still get used, you'll have to wait and see.

Anything from the rest of the month anyone picking up? I think LEGO DC &SCVI should be here tomorrow (SCVI has been getting decent reviews) before Red Dead 2 gets here in 9 days.

Statlink looks good from reviews and I'm still on the fence with TWEWY and DBZ that my Xmas list very much going to be Switch, which also helps as I can take my Switch with me and play my new game at my Uncles unless I'm playing Tekken 3 on the PS1 Classic instead.

One I'd recommend is Castlevania Requiem on PSN if you don't have an issue with Konami as SOTN is the best Metroidvania still and Rondo of Blood its predecessor is top notch and £8 or whatever it is each is a bargain.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:56

I liked Drunka's thread name but I'd see how big Bobo Balde feels about it first.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:51

I give a vote to Jay's number 1. GJones' is good (I may have laughed, then felt ashamed at doing so), but I always think the ones that reference the month and the games deserve more kudos.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 22:33

masofdas wrote:

Anything from the rest of the month anyone picking up?

Castlevania Requiem is in with a shout, especially if it's launching at a budget rate. I've got RDR2 to play first and then after that I think I'll get arsenic mailed to me by Ricey boy if I don't go back and polish off Yakuza 0.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 19:48

@Balla you're right

@Jay yep a budget and even cheaper if you preorder, this is the closest I've come to breaking and buying a Konami game part from Rebirth which was for historical reasons, that I saw a tweet from Jim Sterling regards to Red Dead which could apply to Konami but I can play SOTN via PS1 Classic on my VITA or PSTV and I've got Dracula X Chronicles on PSP which Requiem is a remaster of.

Are we replacing you with Jimbob then? as Red Dead 2 is 60+ hours just for the story that by you do finish it, I wouldn't be shocked if Pokemon is here then SMASH and so on
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 23:27

I'm squarely on the fence for Pokeymons, but I'll be all over SSBU, naturally. Basically, there are too many games coming out and I think the game industry needs to stop releasing games for a month or two to let me catch up.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 20:46

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Anything from the rest of the month anyone picking up?

Castlevania Requiem is in with a shout, especially if it's launching at a budget rate. I've got RDR2 to play first and then after that I think I'll get arsenic mailed to me by Ricey boy if I don't go back and polish off Yakuza 0.

I'm sure there was a rumour that Yakuza 0 is November's PS+ game, which I would love DESPITE HAVING TEN GAMES ON THE GO.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 22:53

I heard Yakuza Kiwami rumoured as a potential PS+ game, but it'd make more sense for it to be 0 considering that's the new starting point for the series.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 7:50

It was literally on the front page of PSN in the USA, Bullet Storm and Yakuza but I just can't remember which one.

I'm hoping it's 0 as that's the one I did start.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 10:28

It was Kiwami in that Ad as I remember being frustrated as frankly that's not the game to show off the depths of the series. It was reworked pretty heavily to account for 0 and it's a little more limited in terms of what you can do (probably because it only has one city)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 21:47

Dang that's the one Yakuza game I already own (not played natch). Also this will be the second time Bulletstorm has been a PS+ game.

Went and got COD from this month's games but barely played it so far and still getting RDR of course, really really want Starlink but gonna hold off for a lower price, especially as I'm gonna go for the digital version.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 22:16

Starlink is £45 if you buy from the USA eShop.

Your sure bullet storm has been a plus game, as I've never missed a download on PS4 and I don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 22:30

Aye I spotted Scullion's tip off, still too much for me at this time and it'll probably be cheaper by the time I've got the £45 spare I reckon.

It was on PS3, not a bad game, not a great one, perfect for PS+ really.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 19:51

Crumpy Andy wrote:
It was Kiwami in that Ad as I remember being frustrated as frankly that's not the game to show off the depths of the series. It was reworked pretty heavily to account for 0 and it's a little more limited in terms of what you can do (probably because it only has one city)

Hm, I would have thought that they'd go for 0 instead for showing off what the series can do and getting folks hooked to pick up the newer games. Has 0 been on Plus before or something?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:11

Nope, I'd just guess they want to put the cheaper one on + and get more cash from people picking up 0...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:13

Isn't Yakuza 0 like 15 quid?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:13

Aye, but Kiwami is about a tenner.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:16

Ahh, it's probably like you said then and tbh I'll most likely bite at £15 with Kiwami sitting my library.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 0:11

Didn't Yakuza 0 come out first though? Is it just the fact that Kiwami is a remake and also that there's been more demand for 0 that's resulted in it keeping its value a bit higher than Kiwami?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 9:54

Yeah, Kiwami released as a budget title, likely due to the more limited scope of the game. They did a bang up job on it, but it still feels a little light for a Yakuza game (which is still heavy compared to most)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 21:34

That doesn't come across as a bad thing in my eyes - that real estate game in 0 could have been its own game with how much time I've put into it, so I'll take a shorter experience. Means I might finish a game, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2