We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 20:11

Hearing it out of context makes it seem really funny somehow. I can picture Charles Martinet going home from work that day:

Mrs Martinet: "Hi, Honey! How was your day?"
Charles: "Piss easy! I sat and hummed into the mic for two hours."
Mrs Martinet: "Fantastic! Caviar?"
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 20:43

"Battlefield ~ Storm" (Super Arrange Version) - Etrian Odyssey IV

"Unrest ~ The End of Raging Winds" (Super Arrange Version) - Etrian Odyssey IV

And i thought the original version of Battlefield ~ Storm sounded pretty godly...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 20:01

And continuing with the JRPG theme, I really love the special moves themes from Bravely Default.  I could almost make a top five list from the game out of them alone, but for now, here's that foppish git with a surprisingly great piece of music.  Arriva!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 17:05

GNamer's Limbless Music Week 79: Gloo Gloo, Rayman Legends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7TRB8gka-4&t=10

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Maxresdefault

Castle Rock may be the one that got us all interested in RL's music levels in the first place (in my case, it got me interested in the game); Mariachi Madness (on the previous page) may be the most memorable; and the latter two music levels may be as metal as hell.  Meh, whatever.  Gloo Gloo is, in my mind, the most ridiculous, stupid, hummable level in the game.  And I haven't even seen Kill Bill.

For non-music level music, the chase theme both makes me want to hit whoever is going "hey!" so often, and (more often than not) place the Wii U controller through the TV screen.  Especially in the later levels where there are no checkpoints.  Good tune apart from that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 10:53

GNamer's Monstrous Music Week 80: Pokémon X/Y

Time for another big one!  This week it's the first Pokémon game since RSE where I've actually noticed the music.  DPP?  I've been on at length about how subpar their music was.  BW?  Forgettable, to the extent that I've forgotten all of it.  And I never played B2W2.  But if XY didn't quite reclaim the giddy heights of RSE, it got a good bit of the way up there.  Oh, and by the way: two of these tracks contain spoilers, although at least one should be painfully obvious to everyone.

5. Anistar City

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Anistar

Ask not for whom the bell tolls: it tolls for the massive sundial.

4. Team Flare Leader Battle (spoilers)

Who is s/he?:

Honestly, if you didn't work this one out, go punch some cleverness into yourself.  I love a good bit of synth voice.

3. Geosenge Town

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Pxywikiwalkthrough410

Isn't it peaceful?  The sort of music that tells you that nothing bad could possibly happen here...

Spoiler:

2. Power Plant

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Pxywikiwalkthrough638

Vaguely electro-ish (which is appropriate enough), with a nice bit of violin.  Now, unlock those doors, Game Freak!

1. Champion Battle (spoiler-free video, but careful in the comments)

(I think this picture is vaguely un-spoilery, but don't look too close!)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Pokemon-X-and-Y-League-Champion-Diantha-1

Rum will take the credit for the being the first to recognise this music as great, but I did so separately, so Tongue.  I love music with bells in, as my number 5 may have suggested.  Rubbish champion, great theme.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 10:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : All music now works.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 14:14

Balladeer wrote:

2. Power Plant

Feels like a cross between a Metroid track and a Persona track. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 18:55

Music from my game, I star in it wouldn't you know.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 19:47

GNamer's ZJ-Inspired Music Week 81: Clash on the Big Bridge, Final Fantasy V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JnXdfoYpY

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Title

ZJ-inspired because I met the man today, and we played a Chaos Shrine from Theatrhythm with this music.  (Zero had forgotten to bring headphones, so played it with sound off, Andyman-style.)  A stand-out track against a stand-out character from a not particularly stand-out Final Fantasy.  Also, does that bit at the beginning remind anybody else of Buoy Base, or is it just me?

Of course, it got more impressive in later series entries, but they came out on the wrong consoles, so nobody gives a damn about them.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 25 Jan 2014 - 20:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 19:49

Balladeer wrote:
Also, does that bit at the beginning remind anybody else of Buoy Base, or is it just me?

Man With The Machine Gun reminds me of Flying Battery Zone Act 2 from Sonic and Knuckles.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014 - 8:32

After the great news about MH4U coming to Europe I went hunting (ha!) for monster hunter 4 music so here's the title theme of the game.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFHle3XN6s
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 8:57

That is one piece that definitely does not need more cowbell. Razz 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 11:59

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Tumblr_lkjkxjGeIU1qzihda
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 13:07

I've almost finished bravely default and haven't posted anything for a while, so I think I'm going to have a top five I'll post over the week!  First up, my fifth favourite theme, the sweeping boss battle theme Wicked Flight!  Avoid the description if you don't want major spoilers as it's the penultimate boss theme of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeuR_bC9GM
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 13:09

Ooh good, nice to have someone else doing a top five!  (Mine would be mostly the Limit Break tunes.) I'm not listening to that one though - musical spoilers!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 7:49

That's understandable, I stopped listening to the final boss theme for a few weeks before I got to that part of the game to make sure it felt fresh and suitably epic.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 17:33

So much for that top five. Razz 

GNamer's Chibi Music Week 82: Thundercloud, Okamiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KKx_8noTA

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 ThunderbandMinigame05_bmp_jpgcopy

Mostly because it's just so different to everything else on offer from the game.  I could just post Divine Intervention again, like I did for Okami - it didn't stop being great or anything.  But this one mixes the traditional Japanese trappings of the series' soundtrack with a more rock feel and some thunderbolts, and the result reminds me of Minish Cap's Cloud Tops theme.  Maybe it's just because they're both clouds?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 8:44

GNamer's Cowboy Bebop Music Week 83: Fly Me to the Moon, Gunman Clive: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyMv_wRIEUY

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 74707ee6c01eaf4a08d486978b6fe17ad9421f12

I spent a long time deciding between Fly Me to the Moon (not to be confused with the Sinatra song) and Cowboy in Town, but this one seemed more relevant to the space references in the title and my current signature.  They're both worth listening to anyway, as are most of the other pieces to be honest.  Western music with the reverb turned up to the nth degree.

I hope that this doesn't spoil the second half of the game for anyone, but honestly, you should all have played Clive by now.  It's short but great - probably my favourite eShop game of the last year (unless you count Ace Attorney).
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 21:58

Athrun888 wrote:
I've almost finished bravely default and haven't posted anything for a while, so I think I'm going to have a top five I'll post over the week!  First up, my fifth favourite theme, the sweeping boss battle theme Wicked Flight!  Avoid the description if you don't want major spoilers as it's the penultimate boss theme of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeuR_bC9GM

The late boss themes are definitely the highlight of Bravely Default's music, imo. Mainly that and the last boss's.

Bravely Default Late & Final Boss Music:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 9:40

It's been too long since the fifth, but it is time for my fourth favourite theme from Bravely Default!  And that theme is none other than the rousing theme of the Eternian Sky Knights and various military forces, Below The Duchy's Banner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLWdCDMd94c

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Ewp_zps079c7004
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 10:05

Balladeer wrote:
Rum will take the credit for the being the first to recognise this music as great, but I did so separately, so Tongue.  I love music with bells in, as my number 5 may have suggested.  Rubbish champion, great theme.

Yes I will. I drink it up. Good shout on the Power Plant tune as well - reminded me strongly of music you'd get in Tales games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 10:25

My experience of the Tales games is forever tainted by Tales of the AbyssSad 

Below the Duchy's Banner just reminds me of "Just so, Victoria.  Just so."  It's okay.  Not one I would have chosen.  Now that I've finished the game, though, I will give credit to Wicked Flight. All the final battle themes are pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 13:36

I liked Tales of the Abyss - it wasn't as good as Tales of Symphonia but it was better than Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it in the last few pages: the awesome menu music from Bit.Trip Runner.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 12:44

It is time, time for my third favourite theme from Bravely Default!  The theme you ask?  Why none other than the special move theme of everyone's favourite dim skirt chaser Ringabel, Love's Vagrant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl363Wh4ghU

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Rwp_zps76a4dbfb
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 12:47

Aaaaaaah, I see what you did there. As for the piece, you know how I feel about the special move themes.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 12:57

Indeed I do, if this were a top ten I can say they'd all make it as they're all awesome themes, but as it is only Ringabel's is in my top five. Well, in a sense you could say they are all in my top five, sort of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next