We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 20:11

I'm with you there, Jayster.  A controversial sound to be sure.

Athrun feedback:

There's definitely a JRPG 'style' that's all overblown bombast and scale, and that some people will love and others won't so much.  I think it's easy for JRPG musics to merge into each other, a trap I feel your last option falls into for me.  But there are also those that defy the stereotype (XCX).  It remains one of my favourite genres for music.  I may poke fun, but I definitely see your point in picking five JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 11:33

Athrun888 wrote:
I know I promised it, and here it is!
Spoiler:

Yeah, pretty good picks. Very Athrun.

I'm choosing to ignore the sick blasphemy being spoken about my beloved Inklings.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 13:32

I don't post often here but always pop my head in and as we are doing Top 10 tracks (Was going to be just 5 but would be just Zelda) in no real order.

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 WpdQAs0
Wind Waker Main Theme

Zelda's Lullaby

Song of Time

Ballard of the Goddess

The Legend of Zelda Main Theme

The Last Story - Toberu Mono

Fire Emblem Awakening - ....

Yoshi Island - Flower Garden

Eternal Darkness - Black Rose

Final Fantasy VI - You all know what it will be

That is my 10 ohh

Screw it here's Snake Eater

Edit gone back through the ones posted by peeps and my favs are:

Serpent Eating from Balla
Waltz of Boss from Drunka
Calling from Jay
Mega Man 2 from Jim
Main Theme Xenoblade from Athrun

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 19:38

Hey, nobody's fault if the Zelda series has great music! And there are some top picks there. Grand to see The Last Story's flagship piece getting an outing too, it's truly magical (although I remember maybe one other music from that game). And I didn't know what it'd be under FFVI, when you posted that I assumed Dancing Mad!

ARMS' main theme is pretty great, isn't it? Perfect for getting you pumped up. I can imagine Rocky entering the ring to this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 20:20

Balladeer wrote:
ARMS' main theme is pretty great, isn't it?  Perfect for getting you pumped up.  I can imagine Rocky entering the ring to this.

I was going to post that! Yeah, great piece, genuinely sounds like it belongs on television coverage of a big sporting event.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 22:45

I can't remember if I said this here or on the tweet tweet machine but it reminds me of a summer-y football anthem but that might be down to the whistles etc that are in the track.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 23:14

If Rocky was a WWE Wrestler with a Rio De Janeiro World Cup gimmick, this would be his entrance music.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 May 2017 - 14:48

Balla response response:
Drunka response response:

I'll start looking over the other top five's in a day or two!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 May 2017 - 18:56

Athrun888 wrote:
2: What is it that you don't like about SRPG's if I may ask?  

No good at them old chap, simply no good at them!  All the 'thinking five steps ahead' jazz has never been a fit for my naturally linear brain, be it chess or Starcraft.  Actually it was the Advance Wars series that put me off strategy in general (specifically the apparently tricky-even-for-the-series Dual Strike), but I did pick up Awakening and fear of permadeath practically paralysed my process.  Poo!  

I did enjoy the Luminous Arc games more than I probably should have done (until Stella Glow took the creepiness factor a bit too far), but they were relatively easy and one could grind.  I've not been tempted back to FE, especially not Conquest. No

Better make that feedback relatively timely, seven posts to go! (Also this is now the most viewed thread on the forum. Half the views were probably me...)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyThu 25 May 2017 - 17:07

Balladeer wrote:
 (Also this is now the most viewed thread on the forum.  Half the views were probably me...)

"half"
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyThu 25 May 2017 - 20:05

Great though my music weeks are, I am but one man. Although I did find the first post useful today for remembering bosses from games I'd forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyThu 25 May 2017 - 23:42

masofdas wrote:
Yoshi Island - Flower Garden
Yeah, this! I wish I'd picked Yoshi's Island instead of Paper bloody Mario now...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 10:29

Balla's Top Five:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:40

Re. 1, that it is - it's a shame, but you're not the only person to have said it. It wasn't even a bad game, it was (I felt) good elevated to great by the soundtrack... but I guess merely 'good/great' isn't enough for a 2D platformer on a Nintendo console, is it?

I still preferred it to both Rayman Legends and SM3DW though, almost entirely because of the music. Can't remember a single level off SM3DW, can only remember the musical ones off RL. DKCTF sticks in my mind because of what I associate the music with.

So I'm apparently the opposite of all of you, which... is interesting I guess.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:47

Stick a fork in it, mods.: this thread's done. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:51

It is now - the magical 990 is reached! Dance Locked and unstickied at the same time. Fare thee well, fair post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40