We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 1:18

Proof that gambling is good.

I never won at the slots but this tune had me returning to the game corner trying to net a Dratini anyway.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 8:27

That just reminds me of how they neutered the Game Corner in the later games.  Stupid European gambling laws. Sulk What I don't understand is why they had to get rid of the straight credits-to-coins exchange as well.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Bloody Hell balla, that was a great big nostalgia rush. I couldn't remember any of those songs when I was reading your post, but for each one I got serious flashbacks when I listened. I spent hours on the stadium games as a kid but unlike the adventures themselves I haven't returned since.
Obviously, being that I don't remember any pokemon stadium music, I can't contribute. But you can never post this guy enough times.

They're stuck in my head for ever and ever.  As is Earl's Academy.  I did all the classes, then spent ages poring over the research materials, and this is the result.

Also, agreed that you can never have too much Miror B.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 10:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
Bloody Hell balla, that was a great big nostalgia rush. I couldn't remember any of those songs when I was reading your post, but for each one I got serious flashbacks when I listened. I spent hours on the stadium games as a kid but unlike the adventures themselves I haven't returned since.
Obviously, being that I don't remember any pokemon stadium music, I can't contribute. But you can never post this guy enough times.
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 1367502772590

There needs to be a home console game that mixes the stadium games with the adventure ones, and that guy needs to return! Or better yet, they should bring him in to the main games!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 20:52

He joins N and Blue as one of the actual characters in the series.  Albeit ripping off Michael Jackson no end.  Anyway.

Treesmurf's e-Motion-Plus Music Week 93: Main Theme, Wii Sports Resort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHl1xiOsy4

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Wiiplane

"Wii Sports Resort has no good music," I said.  "Yes it does," said Smurfy, and threw this one my way.  Not quite as memorable as its predecessor's, it has the same feel of holiday enjoyment to it; which is appropriate, really.  Better than its MK7 version, and doesn't have the absolutely awful racecourse with it.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Repair work)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:22

Motion plus week you say?

SKYWARD SWORD TRACKS INCOMING!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:38

I still have to reach that one! It's the only Zelda I have left to feature (that I've played all the way through, not counting Four Swords Adventures). So I'll hold my choices back, but by all means, show us your moves! Falcon Punch Er, I mean music.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 22:30

Buska's Skyward Sword Love-In!
The top five Skyward Sword songs, for me, at this precise moment in time. I've mostly gone with character themes because I remember them best. I'm sure if I sat down and played the game, five completely different songs would come to mind. And five more the time after that. Man, Zelda is sooooooo good, isn't it?

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Goddess-Screen-Large

5: Fi's Theme
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Fi-Screen-Large
The poor lass gets a hard time for being overly helpful, but I enjoyed my time with this weird, otherworldly spirit, particularly her dancing and her occassional moments of emotion. She wasn't the character Midna was, but she looked like a big blue jelly sweet and she had a surreal, mesmerising theme.

4: Lord Ghirahim
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Ghirahim_tongue_trick_lolz
A delightfully creepy villain given a delightfully creepy theme. Not as tragic as TP's Zant, not as terrifyingly, seemingly undefeatable as Wind Waker's Ganon, nobody can make your skin crawl like Lord Ghirahim.

3: Romance
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Zelda-skyward-sword-romance-screenshot
The Lovely Zelda indeed! The cutest Link and Zelda in the series' history, and yes that includes their bickering in ST and the tomboyish Tetra, this was a sweet, heartfelt romance like Nintendo normally try to hide in vagueness. *insert something about boobs or violence so I preserve my hard man image*.

2: Groose's Theme
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Zelda-skyward-sword-groose
Oh god, be careful searching for "Groose" on google images. They kindly give you a suggested search of "gross" along with a few thumbnails I don't even want to try and describe.
The Legend of Groose is one of Nintendo's greatest tales, and this perfect specimen of a man could not have a theme that serves him better. Top stuff.

1: The Ballad of the Goddess
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Zelda%27s_Lyre
Every great Zelda needs a great theme and, well, this is definitely a great Zelda. Just hearing this makes me want to drop everything I'm doing and sit down to play the whole game again. Beautiful. Personally, I think it's even better as a harp solo.

And better still sung by the lovely lady herself!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 0:13

Groose's theme is excellent.

Since my library of Wii motion plus games consist of only Zelda I feel I have to mention at least one omission from lilly's list.

The Boss you fight three times (four..?) by chopping his toe nails

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 468px-Sword_4487

I really like the music for these fights, it piles the pressure on you with its lumbering theme akin to the monsters movements + sense of urgency.

The imprisoned does look like an uninspired design yet it had plenty of tricks up its sleeve to make your jaw drop.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 14:16

I did at one point ask people to submit their own weeks. I now feel that I ought to have asked you to do a "proper week", Drunka. Lovely stuff, great formatting, and several good pieces (although there is a 96% chance that Fi should still naff off).

I'm afraid that not even hearing bits of Groose's theme in his theme can endear me to The Imprisoned. Three fights. Three sodding fights. DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 14:19

I actually quite enjoyed the imprisoned. Big, threatening, and the coming-back-stronger-and-stronger thing just made him scarier.

I could do a week. Might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 14:22

Do you want to do week 94?  If there's any game on a Nintendo console you want to do that hasn't had a week, then go for it! Smile I guess SS is out of the running now too.

I usually do them on Fri/Sat, but whatever works!

EDIT: Alternatively, could just turn your post above into a music week.  Up to you.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:17

No, I'll do another one since you've honoured me with the official title. I think I'll do either COD or FIFA. Shame Dark Souls isn't on Nintendo!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:46

Bit late to the discussion, but that Wii Sports Resort theme is amongst Nintendo's very finest of all time - though maybe not as ironic as some, I honestly can't think of many that are better.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 21:39

Drunkalilly wrote:
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Ghirahim_tongue_trick_lolz

Pahahahaaa

Athrun posted this a few pages ago, but I am here to corroborate the fact that Bravely Default's Wicked Flight is pretty excellent.

Edit: I don't know if it was ever posted, but what about Mount Pyre from Pokemon RSE? Very, very catchy. As is this a capella cover.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 11:29

It's in the second post, but I don't mind it being mentioned again because it is pretty great.  Also, another chance to annoy Jay! Winky Face

Wicked Flight is indeed excellent, but is it better than SEtG?  Athrun might have something to say on that subject.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Bit late to the discussion, but that Wii Sports Resort theme is amongst Nintendo's very finest of all time - though maybe not as ironic as some, I honestly can't think of many that are better.

Here's a question - which is better, the Resort Theme or the original Wii Sports theme?  They're both great, natch, but I think I'm going to be a rebel and say ResortShocked
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 15:16

Balladeer wrote:
Damn right.  I've walked to and from work a couple of times playing this series, and it has to be with headphones in.
I've been going through the thread to see what has already been done before I do my week, and I stumbled on this little comment from Balla about the AA games. It's a wonder the lad hasn't gotten himself killed!
If guest weeks became a regular thing, we'd definitely need a list of weeks that have already been done in the first post.

Edit: Right, I know what I'm doing for my week and I'll be posting in a bit. I've got a series that hasn't even been touched yet Grin
I've also got two other weeks I'd like to do, series which have been touched on slightly but not given the treatments they deserve, so if Balla fancied another week or two off any time I can get involved.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sat 26 Apr 2014 - 11:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 16:08

I actually have an Excel spreadsheet of all the things I've done, so I could put that there!

But I was actually planning for there only to be a few more weeks - up to 100, possibly 102 with a couple of "special" weeks for the last two. I've got all the games planned out for those. After that... We'll see. But if you want to do a couple more weeks after number 100, that'd be great! Grin 
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 16:29

I second posting a list of what's been posted so far. I have no idea what's been up in the past save for a few tracks.

And regarding Bravely Default: I think SetG might be better than Wicked Flight, but they're both great. Everyone's a winner!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 16:42

Okay, loooooooong table now in the original post!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 17:59

Drunkalilly presents...

In association with Nintendo...

With permission from Balladeer...

Based on the Works of Shigeru Miyamoto...

GNAMER'S HOCOTASTIC MUSIC WEEK 94:
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFZIWmMEEwBgI-9gGgZ1u6xcCOavj41eS-OCzwDVyoznGF--X6yQ

Nintendo's hauntingly beautiful, morally vague, impossible-to-categorise, post-apocalyptic miniature spaceman plant-commanding adventure/ RTS thingamajigamahoosits finally get a week in the sun to proudly display the gorgeous ambient soundtrack.

Warning: Spoilers Throughout
Endgame/ ending spoilers for whole trilogy.

Number 10: Ai no Uta
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Ai_no_Uta
Sort of cheating, which is why I've put it in here at number 10. This was the song which got to the top of the charts and actually outsold the original Pikmin, which it was released to promote. Expressing the unswerving loyalty of the Pikmin who were marching to their deaths so Olimar could get home, it resonated with Japanese salarymen and is a really pleasant little song as well. It was used in Brawl, so it totally counts, and the Pikmin sing it in Pikmin 2.

Number 9: Impact Site
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 24246-pikmin-gamecube-screenshot-the-impact-sites
The first area in the first game so perfectly sets the mood for the entire series. Jaunty, a bit weird, kind of fun, but with that underlying element of sadness. So begins a father's mission to get home, no matter how horrific the cost.

Number 8: Distant Spring
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 180882
An area towards the end of the first game with a spine-tinglingly weird soundtrack. An otherworldly, mysteriously distant tune for an otherworldly, mysteriously distant area.

Number 7: Twilight River
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 468px-I003
One from Pikmin 3 now. Came in near the end of the game, when things were looking up and the mission goals seemed to be in sight.

Number 6: Rescue Olimar
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Pik3_pt3_02_thumb
Another one from 3, the most exciting mission since M:E2's suicide mission; a tense rescue operation, freeing Olimar from a big, scary boss monster with a creepy, childlike obsession. Probably the best finale in the trilogy.

Number 5: The Waterwraith
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Waterwraithcutscene
A brilliant villain from Pikmin 2, the obvious inspiration for the above Pikmin 3 monster (and possibly the same creature at an earlier stage of development.)
First, he appears in every floor of the dungeon, putting in the fear in you with his big, Pikmin-squashing roller and his weird watery form.
Then, he attacks!
Finally, you get the purple pikmin and the tables turn. Suddenly, big bad monster is on the ropes and it is hilarious!

Number 4: Wistful Wild
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Nozomi_snap
Pikmin 2 was the game where the whole "post-apocalyptic Earth" angle came to the forefront. Autumn is the saddest month, with the saddest music and this level gave us the best, most tragic tunes. Beautiful.

Number 3: Night Comes
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPPSFGHhZX_-V__qMjykGDg3A-9PTlwiuQ60a2WvssfP2EBlqMyg
At the end of each day of Pikmin, the music would kick in and I'd escape to the safety of the Dolphin. First, there's that little end of day jingle, which is just jaunty enough to be triumphant on a good day and mocking on a bad one. Then we float up to space and the good captain writes in his diary. The slow, mournful music really fit with the brilliantly adaptive ruminations on the day that had just passed. These moments are what made Pikmin such an experience, and Olimar such a relatable character. He was truly sorry for every Pikmin death, even though he was helping them. He just wanted to get home.

Number 2: Wii to Wii U Data Transfer
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Wii-System-Transfer-Geekenstein0357-e1353273135206-1024x554
What a moment. Only Nintendo could take something as mundane as transferring data from one machine to another and, with a cutesy animation and some incredible music, make it one of the most emotional experiences of my life. What a six years the Wii had represented; the best Marios, the best Zeldas, so many games, the step from childhood to adulthood, my first love, my second love, some people I cared about a bit, discovering you lot... an incredible fairwell to the little white box of wonders.

Number 1: The Forest of Hope
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Pikmin1_1
More so than any other game, never mind game in the Pikmin series, the original Pikmin had a genuine sense of foreboding, like the mission might just fail. Because of the way it was written, the music, the death wails of the Pikmins and the genuine possibility created by the three endings, Olimar's fate was never certain. So when things started to look up, ship parts started being found, that sense of hope was genuine. There's still danger, there's still sadness but finally, there's the one thing this song encapsulates: hope.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Fri 25 Apr 2014 - 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 18:05

Great work, Buska! Time to listen to them all now (if my connection holds up). Oh, and you might want to mention at the start that it contains Pikmin 3 spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 18:07

I did have a spoiler warning, but if you think it needs exaggeration. ..
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 18:09

Nope, I just missed it 'cause I'm an idiot. Duh! Maybe clarify that it's 1, 2 and 3? I dunno, I'm clearly not qualified to say anything. Duh! Duh! 
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 23:36

Number 3 (Night Comes) is actually stuck in my memory as a "reflect on the day" theme - it pops out of my subconcious. Good old Pikmin.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 EmptySat 26 Apr 2014 - 13:28

I've finally listened to all of them.  Most of my previous Pikmin musical experience has come from Brawl, meaning that I already love songs like "Ai no Uta" and "Forest of Hope"; but the likes of "Night Comes" and "Distant Spring" are new and wonderful.

Really makes me wish I liked the series. Aww! But I don't.  Again, top job that Lilly.

EDIT: Just listened to Distant Spring all the way through. Shocked What on earth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next