We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Golf World Tour

Go down 
+16
Admin
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
beemoh
masofdas
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Silver light
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
ZeroJones
shanks
Balladeer
fronkhead
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Mario Golf World Tour Empty
PostSubject: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 2:10

A nice surprise, wasn't it?

I can't wait for this, Golf always seems like a good match for stereoscopic 3D which is why I was surprised Iwata didn't make a big deal about the 3D effect (but Miyamoto did with Luigi's Mansion 2).

We can finally putt without having to fathom out an annoying mesh grid with moving lines, and it simply looks gorgeous.

I do worry that Camelot may be rushing this one out for its summer release date like they did Mario Tennis Open, as if it's content starved (and lacks robust online features) I'll be a bit disappointed. Hoping this one gives Everybody's Golf a real run for its money though, the Vita game set a really high bar to beat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 2:52

I did love Toadstool Tour, and am therefore rather psyched for this. Shame about the mixture of realistic and Mario-themed courses, though: I wouldn't have objected to all Mario-themed, given that that's its big selling point over the aforementioned Everybody's Golf. And I'm nervous about the "special shots" mentioned as well, although I don't think they'll be as game-ruining as Mario Power Tennis'. But overall, it's something I'm very keen on owning!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 2:55

I also loved Toadstool Tour and have waited a long time for a new Golf game, it's the only Mario sports game (excluding Kart) I like.

Hopefully these "special" shots will be just the drive off the tee
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 8:46

My love affair with Mario golf games started with NES Open Tournament Golf on the - er, yeah. My Dad and I used to sit around the TV, taking it in turns to complete courses. We both loved it. I skipped Toadstool Tour but this is in the bag.

About Mario Tennis Open - that was in my big bag of trade-ins towards the Wii U. I liked the gameplay, some of the minigames and the use of StreetPass. Once I beat the game and StreetPass hits became rare, nothing made me come back to it. Hopefully that can be fixed for Mario Golf World Tour! Grin
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 10:07

sporkhead wrote:
Hoping this one gives Everybody's Golf a real run for its money though, the Vita game set a really high bar to beat.

Agreed. Everybody's Golf is a fantastic game, so this one will have to be pretty special. I expect it'll be bought day one though, weak as I am...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:33

Really looking forward to this as well, hopefully the single player is a deeper experience than in Mario Tennis.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:12

Looking forward to this. It really better have a proper, rpg-like story mode like Advance Tour though. Ended up skipping Tennis 3DS when i found that didn't.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:27

Never been a huge fan of Mario Golf but I'll buy this none the less I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 14:45

Some kind of mass online tournament set-up would be nice, but I doubt we'll get that. Any kind of online play would be great to be honest. Other than that, I'm just delighted to have Mario Golf back, golf is dull otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 1:46

Look at cynical me there.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 2:29

Yes you Skeptical bastard you Nah nah!

I'm still excited for this as have been waiting a longer time
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:22

Over the moon to discover Nintendo/Camelot seem to be serious about this game's online functionality as I find this was what extended my playtime on Everybody's Golf 6 hugely.

Am hoping it's more than just realtime competitive matches, however. How about worldwide and regional tourneys/tournaments we can enter every day, with a leaderboard to compare our standings? Or the ability for our community to set up our own daily tournaments? Would like flexible lobbies to meet and chat in too, like Mario Kart Wii or Everybody's Golf 6.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 14:10

So this has been delayed to 2014, then (along with Yoshi's New Island)

I hope it isn't a sign that there isn't much first party content lined up for 3DS next year, with teams putting resources to Wii U, but on the other hand it's for the best, considering how crushingly disappointing and rushed Mario Tennis Open was.

Hopefully Camelot will use the extra time to fill the game up with content and make sure the online mode is properly featured. Or maybe an RPG mode's in the works?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 14:32

Nah. But I'd like to see some good, solid courses and interesting bonus modes.

There's more than enough coming out this year, and frankly and Zelda and Pokémon will overshadow everything else anyway.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 14:42

I'd like to see some "retro" courses like the one from Toadstool tour that was based on Mario 64
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 9:59

I'd like to see the game in my 3DS cartridge slot, to be honest. Winky Face That aside, the usual solid gameplay would keep me happy. I'm interested to see how the StreetPass element (if there is one!) will work.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:52

Half a year later and I'm surprised we didn't see this in Nintendo Direct. Which means it would have had a whole year's extra development time (assuming it's due summer 2014). Surely it's got to have an RPG mode now, or has it just been sitting finished like Wii Fit U was (I think) until quiet time in 3DS's release schedule to be released? I sure hope not, as like Ballyzero, I've been itching to have this game stuck in my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 19:27

I'd actually forgotten about this game.  Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 22:22

fronkhead wrote:
...as like Ballyzero...

I agree with you otherwise, Fronky, but this isn't Twitter! ZeroJones on here, if you please. Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:20

Are you spying on twitter folk Winky Face
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:51

Balladeer wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
...as like Ballyzero...

I agree with you otherwise, Fronky, but this isn't Twitter!  ZeroJones on here, if you please. Nah nah! 

I genuinely laughed out loud to that! My bad, for some reason I thought ZeroJones' name had changed here too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 7:53

The_Jaster wrote:
Are you spying on twitter folk Winky Face

Mario Golf World Tour Agent-smith-o
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:52

Double post, because this game is looking better all the time.  The new trailer shows off the new RPG-esque mode (yay!), as well as some nice winning animations.  I'm definitely up for a bit of golf come May 2nd.

Also Jaster should be chuffed by the significant presence of Monty Moles!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 10:03

Didn't really get me excited, I will more likely buy as I like mario golf.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 12:25

Putting this (yes) on my wishlist, of course (yes). Glad to see the RPG mode has pitched up (yes) again: the core of Mario Tennis Open was really solid and the StreetPass was great but the replay factor was smaller than an amoeba's earring.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Golf World Tour
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next