Nobody Does Being Stranded Among the Dead Better than Luigi

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 19:35

OoT was pretty linear too. So were TP, WW, and MC. Zeldas being linear is not a problem I have. Not that Jas has said it's a problem, of course!

This, and everything else, has incidentally been put on hold while I play another game starring a hero in green. And then another game where you can catch fairies in small containers.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2019 - 3:22

Jimbob wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I've done the first two dungeons on this and tbh was a little shocked with how linear it all is, also did the owl tell you where to go all the time in the original? As I honestly don't remember him doing that.
I think he did - the text might be a bit clearer, but I'd have to say that the original was quite straight-forward.

Aye that's probably it & me remembering it all wrong even though I only played it for the first time 5+ years ago.

Balladeer wrote:
OoT was pretty linear too.  So were TP, WW, and MC.  Zeldas being linear is not a problem I have.  Not that Jas has said it's a problem, of course!

This, and everything else, has incidentally been put on hold while I play another game starring a hero in green.  And then another game where you can catch fairies in small containers.

True and yeah it isn't a problem plus maybe there's a bit of space for some exploration later on and I'm just too early in the game right now. Also dropped this for LM3 at the minute as well.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 6:02

I finished the seventh dungeon. It was a bit of a slog, but I think it was just me to be honest. Lots of lateral thinking and I just wasn't awake enough this morning.

Anyway, on to the ending. I'm surprised how much forewarning I'm getting for the ending. I already knew it, of course, but I kind of figured it was going to be a big shock surprise. As is, i kind of feel like the monsters are the good guys here. . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 11:02

I prefer it being a gradual, signposted reveal to a "twist", I think it works better as it isn't relying on that shock factor.

The thing with the monsters is that they don't just want to preserve things as is, the longer they are left the more they will infest the island and the worse things will become.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5