We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)

Go down 
+5
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2023 - 18:56

Balladeer wrote:
I'm still not really grabbed.  Might try playing it in 2D.

I wish this hadn't been the end point of it for me.  I think it might have worked well in 2D actually, if they hadn't put random battles back in.  It plays so traditionally that it sat really at odds with the beautiful 3D Xenoblade-looking world.

Sigh.  Hope it works out better for you Eof.  I seem to recall you're fine with a low-imagination JRPG: in that case this should be right up your street.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2023 - 20:12

Balladeer wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'm still not really grabbed.  Might try playing it in 2D.

I wish this hadn't been the end point of it for me.  I think it might have worked well in 2D actually, if they hadn't put random battles back in.  It plays so traditionally that it sat really at odds with the beautiful 3D Xenoblade-looking world.

Sigh.  Hope it works out better for you Eof.  I seem to recall you're fine with a low-imagination JRPG: in that case this should be right up your street.

Why did that feel like such a dig 😂

I'll play anything as long as it isn't The Last of Us to be honest 😉
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2023 - 21:26

Laughing Hard for it not to, but at the same time two of my games of all time aren't bastions of innovation. Neither of them feel quite as... tired as DQXI did to me though.

EofGizmo wrote:
I'll play anything as long as it isn't The Last of Us to be honest 😉

Ah now there we agree.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3