We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?

Go down 
+8
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
Athrun888
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:10

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
anyhow I'm not one to wallow on things I don't like so if any of you do love it then wire in I'll just be sitting here totally confused as to why you do. Laughing  

Different tastes and all, but...

SotC Ending Spoilers:

Different strokes for different folks and all, but I love that game to bits.

That's certainly the best explanation anyone has given in this thread as to why they like the game/ending rather than going "lol you're mad for not liking it" - I've said countless times on here that when it comes to games the story is bottom of the list of why I play them (there are of course some exceptions) but generally if they don't hook me with their gameplay & SotC didn't then I just won't care for the story it is trying to tell.

In hindsight I probably should've stopped playing it rather than seeing it out until the end but with the hype around it and peoples opinions who I trust enjoying it I thought it would eventually click but it just didn't.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:21

Guess that's the difference as I would put story at the top and even though I get why something like Monster Hunter is great, the lack of a story (I know it has one in places) is why I even dropped World.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:34

Aye and like I said there are exceptions, two games that spring to mind that are quite story heavy are Ghost Trick and Witcher 3 and I love those to bits. Time to move from it now I think so anyone else got another game they think is overrated?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:35

Can we just kill this dumb thread now please? Cheers 👌

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:36

Ghost Trick.

Nah. Hm... Cave Story? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:49

Half Life in general, I didn't play either till late mind but felt they were massively dated even after a few years.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:50

This is not ending this tedious dance lads 😡🤬

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:56

Balla and Mas wrote:
Dance  Dance

That double-emoji in different styles is really weird. Not quite up there with Evil or Very Mad Matthew Castle , mind.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 10:11

Balladeer wrote:
Ghost Trick.

Nah. Hm... Cave Story? Winky Face

I failed to get into Cave Story when I tried it, although I think that was partly for just not enjoying keyboard controls so much
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 20:52

I think Cave Story might genuinely be my pick, actually.  I understand that I didn't get enough into the actual story to enjoy it properly, and that the aesthetic (which I found a bit drab) is my issue; but I genuinely can't understand how other people get past the dodgy platforming, weaponry that degrades when you get hit (which makes the dodgy platforming worse), and one-hit kill red spikes.  Even the forum's biggest fan didn't like the latter, if I remember correctly.  Also it sounds like the true ending was a bit of a bastard to get, and an easily missable bastard at that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 5:41

CAVE. STORY. BUY. IT.

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:20

Crumpy Andy wrote:
This is not ending this tedious dance lads 😡🤬

Sent from Topic'it App

We'll go back to sitting in silence soon, Andy. Winky Face

Re: Cave Story

I was hooked on it back when it was freeware, but I don't know how I'd have felt about it had I dropped some dolla dolla on it. At the time though, getting something of that quality for free was mindblowing. I loved the clear inspirations from Metroid and Mega Man, the characters were fun, the tunes were ace and it was totally free! I've not played it since as the Switch port pricing is bloody ridiculous, but I've got a lot of time for Cave Story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?   What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's The Most Overrated Game Of All Time?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4