We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020

Go down 
+9
gjones
JayMoyles
Muss
Jimbob
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 16:59

It's so big you would also think this was a photoshop job.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 201007-Teardown-Featured
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 17:14

‘Is that a PS5 in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?’
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 20:21

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 Truth10

Jas that is a Photoshop. Here's the actual image. Sony clearly took out all signs of exertion.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 23:03

Haha well played. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020 - 20:58

I don't mind these design of it now, I've warmed to it a lot since first seeing it but the size is definitely an issue, I am gonna buy one but my girlfriend is currently giving disapproving looks every time I mention it because it just won't fit anywhere. Also that picture of a modern couple's living room is 100% bogus, I'd never be allowed stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat 31 Oct 2020 - 5:08

Likely why I'm single then but reading stuff I wouldn't be allowed that and the front room likely looking like the left handside of the pictue, sounds muh

But then I've been to EofGiz places and does sort look like the picture, they're both into nerdy stuff though so that would give me hope to have my figures on display much like my Grandad has trophies on display
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat 31 Oct 2020 - 11:13

For us, it's a case of trying to make us both happy with the limited space we have during these times.

We've got a two bedroom flat, which we're very happy to have and we both work from home, which we're lucky to be able to do.

But that means it's really important for us to have our own space that we're happy with, so I have the spare room - which has bookshelves covered in board games and books, a crappy fold-up table, and the slim PS4 propping up a monitor, a switch dock, and a laptop. There's also a rowing machine!

The open plan kitchen/lounge is also her study space, with a desk by the window, bookshelves covered in her books, and then the sofa/TV, a Kitchen table, and our actual kitchen.

If I really wanted a PS5, I know I could get one and I know she would let me put it in the lounge even if it clashed with everything else. But it's big so I don't really want to unplug it and move it around, so if I wanted to play on it I might be better off having it in the spare room so I can use it almost whenever I want unless she is rowing. And it's her TV too, so she'll sometimes want to use her Switch on it or Netflix or whatever. But I genuinely don't have enough space on my crappy table for anything else. I'm getting a new desk soon, but the plan for that is an ultrawide monitor and PC. There might be enough room for a PS5 to stand up, there might not. But ultimately unlike a PC, it won't help me with my work and it won't do anything my computer can't except play PS5 games. For me that's quite a niche use case, I barely use my PS4 as is. And when you factor in its size and form factor on top of that, I'll probably wait for a slim unless I've got some money to burn.

For us the Switch has really come into its own in lockdown because we can play it on the big screen or in handheld. It lets us play something while the other does something else without taking over the whole room. It'd be easier to justify another console outside of lockdown, where it's far easier to segregate working spaces (e.g., our offices) from home, but because I want a new computer anyway and because our space is finite I'm not sure it's for me right now, even without the way it looked.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 13:39

You may have seen from the people who do have a PS5 and what they can say, seems the Dual Sense is getting a lot of love and seemingly will be something that will distinguish the consoles as a next gen feature along with some new UI stuff on PS5.

Xbox side of things, the Series S for how much it is still good as a Game Pass box (reviews just dropped and some say this as well) but from what we're hearing might be a tad muh with its small SSD of around 350GB (COD Cold War is 135GB) and seemingly games not even getting to 1080p on it. That personally due to the bigger SSD (850GB after OS) on the X, disc drive for more robust backwards compatibly and even on an HDTV improved visuals seems the better buy.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 5 Nov 2020 - 14:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reviews)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 19:28

I read a good Series S hardware review earlier.

https://wccftech.com/review/xbox-series-s-hardware-next-generation-gaming-on-a-budget/

It's still not shifted me on where I stand on both next gen consoles though, which is the tech and features look pretty nice but I'm happy with the games I have and can get on Switch & ps4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 21:27

Yep a lot of the games are the same especially on Xbox with a odd few PS5 only.

For me not currently having a PS4 by taking advantage of the 1st Lockdown financially (easily paid for PS5), means PS5 something to play likes of Miles on regardless if on PS4.

Then stuff that seems more on the QoL side such as load times is a bonus which I hear makes going back to PS4 or ONE tad annoying when you start noticing 40secs instead of 10secs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 17:11

Muss wrote:
Jas that is a Photoshop. Here's the actual image. Sony clearly took out all signs of exertion.

This is the monolith from 2001 after a Pay & Spray and I claim my £5.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 17:44

I might be getting a Series X sooner than I thought (hear you all going of course you are Mas, you weren't going to wait) because my gameshare buddy has bought a XSX along with Assassin's Creed Valhalla, COD Cold War, Bright Memory digitally two of those I was planning to get on PS5 (will be returning COD as it arrived today) now going to play on Xbox at the moment as the enhanced current gen version.

But with Smart Delivery when I get a XSX, those will be the shiny version and I'll have COD with Ray Tracing etc. That I'm thinking maybe around my birthday as I'm off for a week, have money and The Medium will be out is when I'll get a XSX

Likely will also get Falconeer and Yakuza 7 then as well for Xbox

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 14 Nov 2020 - 14:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 9:49

Treesmurf wrote:
Also that picture of a modern couple's living room is 100% bogus, I'd never be allowed stuff like that.

cuck
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 15:50

You may have seen in the yesterday I bought thread I've had some PS5 games come and I'm actually going to have a bunch at launch to play

• ASTRO's Playroom. Built-in and will be playing first while other things install
• Bugsnax. Got this thanks to Plus but would have got any way, more than likely after the reviews
• Demon's Souls.
• Dirt 5. Still to arrive
• Fortnite. This is f2p as you know but has a PS5 update which uses the Dual Sense and better performance etc that as it's free and no longer having COD on PS5, I want to see how a shooter plays on PS5 with the guns feeling different with the triggers that why not give this a go
• Godfall.
• NBA 2K21. As FIFA & NFL 21 are a bit meh from what I played on Xbox anyway, yet I would like a sports game with NBA looking like an actual improvement on Next Gen plus I managed to get for £48 instead of the £65 RRP thanks to GamesAsylum spotting a eBay deal, sure £48 is still a lot for a sports game imo but reckon I might be able to get what I paid or then some if it's not for me/finish when this arrives
• Observer System Redux. Was sent a review code for this on Thursday but can't play it till this Thursday coming
• Sackboy
• Spider-Man Miles Morales. More than likely what I'll play first after Astro
• Spider-Man Remaster. Doubt I'll play anytime soon but like knowing I can play it anytime if I wish

I have of course PS4 games I could play as well be it Digital or Physical I've bought in the past and then the 20 games in the Plus Collection on PS5 but doubt I'll go back to any of those any time soon maybe Days Gone as haven't finished and now 4k 60fps on PS5.

Genshin Impact is a backwards compatible game I may look at as I've not played due to not having a PS4 for a while and it has a bit of an upgrade on PS5, I believe it's now 60fps instead of 30fps and much like Fortnite it is f2p that no harm in playing it.

Yeah, so bought 6 games (7 as it's the Ultimate Edition of Miles with Remaster if you want to count that) and have access to 11 PS5 versions of games (12 Actually as Dead by Daylight was a Plus game years ago and has a free upgrade, maybe some more f2p PS5 games as well but unsure) which cover most genres that will be posting some views on these games and the console itself, which might be here, what I'm playing PlayStation style or Last Game I Finished or my blog but stuff coming guys.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 18:48

It's a shame how this post aged. Sulk I do hope you get it up and running as soon as possible Mas. It feels like a lot of people have had tech. troubles at the start of this cycle - even Nintendo, with the drifting Joy Cons, have been worse for it, but they're now not looking too bad against some of the competition.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 19:02

Thanks Balla hopefully my PS5 can be sorted I guess with a replacement console as currently only game that seemingly works is Miles Morales as Astro, Bugsnax and Observer all crash almost right away and Sackboy I couldn't even install the disc (haven't bothered trying Demons or Godfall).

As I now have know idea when this will be sorted (might even be sent back to ShopTo for a refund, meaning I'll have to track down a PS5) I've sold Dirt 5 (Koch Media have sent me a code on Xbox One due my PS5 troubles) and NBA 2k21 on as no use to me.

Now on my week off I'll be playing Hyrule Warriors AoC and stuff on Xbox One like the mentioned Dirt 5.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 19:24

That said, it could still have been worse...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 11:29

I now have a Series X and well Andy has sort said it already but as someone that's had a PS5 sure a broken one, the Series X at the moment it will change with time with game like The Medium, it doesn't feel next gen it feels like a One X+ as everything is the same.

I said somewhere on here that it seemed to me like if I was going to get a new graphics card, I'd still be playing stuff in my STEAM library, the same mouse & keyboard but stuff looking nicer then I don't how much better that really is as so far doesn't seem that much better, and load times which Dirt 5 still takes ages but Valhalla is about 8secs compared to about 40secs so some pluses.

With selling my One X now for £150 and having a Game Pass sub it will be worth the £300 cash I paid in the end but just lacks that WOW.

Where the PS5 even though broken I could use the UI, the card system and with the Dual Sense from the 20mins I could play of Astro and even Miles it felt great and new, like next gen maybe why more issues with the PS5 compared the Series X|S.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 14:22

I would argue that the PS5's UI feeling next gen is because it's bloody terrible so far. There are some genuinely bizarre choices in here that have made it far more difficult for me to check my friends list & trophies.

Aside from the dodgy download list adopting the Series X has been a far smoother process, albeit I upgraded from a One to a Series X so a larger leap for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 16:22

I never found a issue with the UI

Yeah Series X much smoother as was the same as when I went One S to One X and how I got my new phone etc
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 16:31

Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 16:47

It's true for the most part and with the PS5, like Andy doesn't like the UI and mine was broken.

Xbox a tad different as it's closer to that Apple product or other phones, which is good or bad depending on your view.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 8:42

My issues with the UI aren't going to be resolved, this is Sony Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 9:13

Yep there is that and I know I didn't have much of a problem, so going to be a very subjective thing compared to borked consoles
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 10:12

Crumpy Andy wrote:
My issues with the UI aren't going to be resolved, this is Sony Laughing

They will somehow make it slower over time though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next