We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

Go down 
+17
Rum
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Athrun888
2becomecarrion
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Admin
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 14:47

I really need to get back to this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 21:43

(Bump time - sorry)

Just platinummmmed the new missions in co-op with my sister (AKA the one who knows how to play Pikmin properly and isn't s**tscared of the orange Bulborbs despite having completed the game). That was definitely worth the £3.50 for both DLCs*.

[i]*DLC Theory: if you get an hour of fun per pound spent, it's a good'n.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 22:40

I still haven't played this properly, despite rushing to the shop and getting it the day before release. I just didn't feel up to it so soon after pikmin 2. I reckon it'll see some serious play in the spring dry season next year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 23:03

I went back to this tonight, oddly enough. I hadn't touched the mission modes by the time I stopped playing in the summer, so looking forward to getting tore into that. What a brilliant game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 0:19

Finally sat down and started playing this. Switched the Wii u on at eight, it was midnight before I knew it. A wonderful, beautiful game. And man; that fruit. Can't wait to just sit down all weekend and be absorbed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 17:16

So, I only just finished this and went back through the thread to read everyone's spoilery thoughts. It seems I'm in a minority for getting all the fruit before going in for the final battle? It just felt naturally to me. It was quite funny seeing Britanny panic and say that I need to hurry up and get the key before we starve when I had 50 days of juice.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 20:17

Those who didnt collect all te fruit before the final battle haven't really finished the game. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 7:12

Late, late, late. But somebody on CVG gave me their free download code from MK8 (in defence of CVG, your honour), so I should be able to have a crack at this over the weekend, and see if my aversion to the series has worn off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 7:18

I've been meaning to return to this games challenge mode especially to try out those new touch controls.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 15:15

There's yet dinner!

30th October launch date, with new stuff you can read out here: 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/08/pikmin_3_deluxe_officially_announced_for_switch_includes_all_dlc_and_new_content

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 15:18

Haha, I just watched this trailer and came here to post about it - but I didn't know which thread to choose. I should have known you'd be on the ball Cappa!

I beat Pikmin, own Pikmin 2 on Wii (but never played it), and never had Pikmin 3. So I'll probably buy this release at some point, though not urgently! Either way, hopefully it's a sign that Pikmin 4 might come out one day...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 15:36

Definitely jump on this if you haven't ever played it, great game! I think I'll be holding off though unless I have nothing to play by the end of October.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 15:55

Despite being much rumoured this has caught me off guard, I reckon I could revisit this again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 16:43

Aww. Who's the pie that changed the thread title? That was my favourite one  Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 19:23

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Aww. Who's the pie that changed the thread title? That was my favourite one Aww!

I'll admit to being a pie. Reverted!

Balladeer wrote:
Late, late, late.  But somebody on CVG gave me their free download code from MK8 (in defence of CVG, your honour), so I should be able to have a crack at this over the weekend, and see if my aversion to the series has worn off.

I never did this - and indeed, trying to be more optimistic in the face of a schedule seemingly designed to irk me and me alone, wasn't going to say anything in this thread. However, from what it says in the Ninty Life article, it looks like you can lower the difficulty, relax the time limits, and play the entire thing in co-op. If that's local then I might actually pick this up to play with The Lady. Shocked

Also, did anybody see that Nintendo took the original Pikmin 3 off the eShop? Which is... not great.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 19:33

If you've not ever played it... it's bloody great. I worry though, that I really did exhaust it - I got all the DLC, beat the challenges in single and co-op with my sister... I don't know if I'm going to get it again. But you should! They got the balance between the first 2 just right - now there's mild peril.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 10:36

Despite never having played a Pikmin game, I'm not sure if I'm going to be hopping on board with this one. I like the idea of more than "mild peril" which is why the first Pikmin appeals to me from a design standpoint more than 3. Plus, I don't know if I want to support buying another port for what will inevitably be £45+... maybe I'm just in an overly pessimistic mood but y'know, vote with your wallet and all that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 10:53

To be fair, from Nintendo's standpoint, they've got a game which has new content as well as all the DLC from a version that was originally released for a console with a tiny fraction of the Switch's user base... I can see why they're charging full price for it, as most Switch owners won't ever have had a chance to play it! Bit of a dick move ethically, but I mean, ethics in big business. Ha!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 11:15

Oh no, I totally get it - people are obviously keen as these ports sell like hotcakes too, so I can't exactly blame Nintendo for pricing these games as they do. I'd rather personally throw my money behind a new game before an older one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 12:22

Jimbob’s right, it’s “bloody great”. My worry is that it just won’t be as good to play as the Wii U one. Setting that up with a Wii remote and nunchuck for pointing and moving and the GamePad for your map and settings was a really smart and easy set up that totally worked. I think whatever way Pikmin 3 plays on Switch, it just won’t be as intuitive as it was on Wii U.

I’ll be using my own ethically dick moves to get Pikmin 3 Deluxe: I’ll find other games for cheap, punt them for profit and bring the cost down that way. It’s what I did for Tropical Freeze, Treasure Tracker and Bayonetta 2, all £40 Switch games that I didn’t actually pay for in full, if that makes sense. I don't think I should be paying £40 for them six/seven/eight years on from their original release to be honest, despite their unarguable quality.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 15:06

I understand why some are annoyed at the price - what I want to know is when will Switch get its Nintendo Selects range? Maybe older titles are still selling well so there's no need. It was 4.5 years into the Wii that they brought it in, so maybe I need patience (*marks September 2021 on the calendar*)

Is it cheaper to just buy a Wii-U with Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 et al? You could nab each of them for a tenner, maybe get a Wii-U for £100? It works out about the same (if you spent £40 on each for the Switch). Also, Smash Bros for Wii-U is EIGHT QUID at CEX at the moment. I wonder if Pikmin 3 will plummet in value now...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 15:19

I'll probably pick this up as a great couch co-op game. I recall that the head to head multiplayer wasn't too bad either. I mean, it was always determined by the power-ups, but still good fun.

Could probably do with Drunka's help advertising this to strangers again though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 16:40

gjones wrote:
I understand why some are annoyed at the price - what I want to know is when will Switch get its Nintendo Selects range? Maybe older titles are still selling well so there's no need. It was 4.5 years into the Wii that they brought it in, so maybe I need patience (*marks September 2021 on the calendar*)

Is it cheaper to just buy a Wii-U with Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 et al? You could nab each of them for a tenner, maybe get a Wii-U for £100? It works out about the same (if you spent £40 on each for the Switch). Also, Smash Bros for Wii-U is EIGHT QUID at CEX at the moment. I wonder if Pikmin 3 will plummet in value now...

The Wii U also has a decent Virtual Console as well. I got these replies yesterday on Twitter It makes me so sad the console was written off yet theres so many amazing games people are happy are getting ports. I have no problems with ports, more people who can play games the better. Just sad it was written off as shit yet people adore so many of the titles.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 16:31

I'm gonna be all over this if it makes a pikmin 4, or at least a 1&2 HD remaster, more likely. Plus, I'm up for having Pikmin in my life again.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 18:00

A couple of Pikmin 3 things have been going on. Firstly, there's a demo for the Deluxe update on the eShop right now:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Pikmin-3-Deluxe-1821101.html 

It's well worth giving a go. Either they've added some new features (like a lock-on system, a charge attack and a hint system) or I'd completely forgotten that they were there in the Wii U version. It's quite generous for a demo too, and all your save data transfers over the full game.

Another thing is that Nintendo have uploaded all of the Pikmin Short Movies onto YouTube, after delisting them from the Wii U and 3DS eShops (where they cost actual money, fly bastarts). Here's the first one I could be arsed to find.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next