We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"

Go down 
+17
Rum
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Athrun888
2becomecarrion
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Admin
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013 - 8:58

Someone finally found a way to put a negative spin on things!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013 - 10:08

Bah. Pikmin 2 was released relatively late in the GameCube's lifespan, so plenty of people had the machine and many of them bought the game. The Wii U will not have sold as much, so Pikmin 3 has not sold as much. Ta dah! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 21:16

masofdas wrote:
well it's apparently 20iah hrs to 100% it though

Rather have a well-paced 20 hour game, instead of a badly paced 50 hour game with loads of filler.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 8:59

Saw some adverts for this on 'phone boxes as I walked to work this morning. About half a dozen only, but it's still better than the nothing Nintendo have presented us with since launch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 9:28

So how's everyone playing, I've seen mixed things with reviews some are saying use wiimote as the pad doesn't really add anything and then saying how great the pad is. I'm going to try both but I'll think I'll use the pad as it's got the map on it, to see where all 3 characters are.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 23:58

Hopefully this pops through my letter box in the morning. Dance Dance Dance Dance 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 15:05

Arrived, opened and played through the first two days. Can't believe Pikmin 3 is finally out. Strong impressions, though the lasting one is: there's nothing quite like Pikmin.

~

On the topic of control methods, it might interest some to see that the instruction manual (well, sheet) suggests the TV/GamePad/Wii Remote & Nunchuck as the way to play - it devotes a side of the sheet to learning the controls for this method as opposed to the corner the GamePad option gets. I've played with just the TV and GamePad so far, and...I'm going to change. See what you think.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 6:31

I played up until day 3 (of which I re-tried a few times) and it really is fun, love that you can retry days if you completely mess up which allows for greater tactics/planning seeing as you know the map layout etc & as for the gamepad controls?
I really don't see what the fuss was about they are exactly like the cube controls except this time you have a handy map with the info tabs available at your fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 12:36

Went into town yesterday to trade stuff in ready to buy and what do you know, they had a copy.
Played the first couple of days, then loads of bingo battle.

Initial impressions
-wow, this really is an HD Nintendo machie
-like Phillips said, there's nothing else like Pikmim

Balladeer wrote:
Saw some adverts for this on 'phone boxes as I walked to work this morning.  About half a dozen only, but it's still better than the nothing Nintendo have presented us with since launch.

I gave them a hand with that and waved it out my car window, screaming 'PIKMIN' at pedestrians.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 22:57

Wow, this is a beautiful looking game. I'm on to my tenth day, and have really enjoyed it. It took a bit of time to grow in to using two characters at the same time, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

The controls have been mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm using the GamePad, and finding the controls to be okay. I think my brain is still used to the Gamecube pad set-up, this is the only reason I can think of for pressing the wrong button on occasion. Biggest problems I've had with the controls were against one of the earliest major enemies
Spoiler:
. The game dropped the camera down to a different angle for this battle, and I found it very difficult to keep control of my Pikmin and to attack the enemy.

The touchscreen map is very useful, whether you want to find stray Pikmin, or assign one of your team to a certain area automatically - which is a very neat feature.

And this new crew do nothing for me, I miss Olimer and Louie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 10:56

Is the Pro Controller an option for this game? Depending how useful the map is, I might be going down that route.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 11:14

It is indeed, but the map is so useful for planning your route to the items you want to collect & how it pauses the action on the TV then swoops to a top down view is pretty nifty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 11:23

If it's possible, I may even be tempted to play with the Pro Controller but have the GamePad perched upon my knee. I find the trigger/shoulder buttons a bit awkward on the GamePad (particularly in racing games). Choices!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 11:29

I'm not certain but I think you would be able to do that, wii U always providing that variety in many ways. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 16:22

You still use the GamePad for the map if you use the Wii remote and nunchuk, so I'd guess the same applies if you use the Pro Controller.

One thing I meant to mention yesterday is that the C-stick controls from the Gamecube games are missing (unless I'm missing something). This was always helpful for me as I used to rush enemies with the Pikmin when attacking, now I feel a bit lost and can't attack as well as I used to. Meh 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 16:48

Copy ARRIVE!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 16:58

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm not certain but I think you would be able to do that, wii U always providing that variety in many ways. Smile

I hope so. I too welcome the variety of ways to cater for all tastes. Grin 

Dusty Knackers wrote:
One thing I meant to mention yesterday is that the C-stick controls from the Gamecube games are missing (unless I'm missing something). This was always helpful for me as I used to rush enemies with the Pikmin when attacking, now I feel a bit lost and can't attack as well as I used to. Meh 

Dang, that's a real shame. I used to use that all the time mainly to navigate the full mass of Pikmin up ramps and stuff. Plus they made that adorable trumpeting charging sound.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 17:07

I used to really enjoy that music too. Seems like the only rush option there is is one where you can lock-on to an enemy with ZR, and then press B. From there, the attack happens automatically. I'm not a fan of this at all, takes away the risk element that your attacks used to have. The dodge options, which are as close as you can get to the old C-stick control, that are mapped to D-Pad right and D-Pad left are something I can't see myself using much. By the time I think it's time to dodge, my brain can't get my thumb to move down to the D-Pad in time. Gonna be a lot of squished Pikmin...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 23:22

That is a shame I just assumed I hadn't unlocked it yet or something, it was also handy for keeping pikmin in a close group as well......this is probably down to the fact it started life as a wii game.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 1:48

I really despise boss battles. Had two of them now, and both times I've struggled pretty badly. Partly because the enemies are tough, partly because of the change in camera angle. The game plonks the camera at a 30-35 degree angle against the bigger enemies, as opposed to the 45 degree angle you get during normal play - this makes a huge difference to me. I find it difficult to be as precise with my Pikmin throwing against the bigger baddies. As expected, so many lost lives.

As for the game being completed in seven hours? No. No way. Not on your first run. Unless you care very little for Pikmin life that you can just let them die without remorse (I can't do it Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 9:49

Dusty Knackers wrote:
I really despise boss battles. Had two of them now, and both times I've struggled pretty badly. Partly because the enemies are tough, partly because of the change in camera angle. The game plonks the camera at a 30-35 degree angle against the bigger enemies, as opposed to the 45 degree angle you get during normal play - this makes a huge difference to me. I find it difficult to be as precise with my Pikmin throwing against the bigger baddies. As expected, so many lost lives.

As for the game being completed in seven hours? No. No way. Not on your first run. Unless you care very little for Pikmin life that you can just let them die without remorse (I can't do it Crying or Very sad )

Aye the angle for the first boss was quite annoying but I didnt have any issue with the....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:18

Loving this, I'm not sure if I'm doing well or not. I'm on about day 8 , and just got the captains signal. I had to go back and keeping do day's as I was losing pikmin on the dam worm. I don't really like either of the controls, playing against the boss, using the pad hard to throw your pikmin but using wiimote just seems weird to me and not being able to control camera is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 15:11

Am I the only one struggling to find the blue Pikmin? I'm at a stage where they seem crucial to advance, and I can't find them after searching thoroughly for them. Seems weird that they're the last 'Min to find.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 17:35

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Am I the only one struggling to find the blue Pikmin? I'm at a stage where they seem crucial to advance, and I can't find them after searching thoroughly for them. Seems weird that they're the last 'Min to find.

Nope, they're dead easy to find, you encounter them

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 17:47

I don't have them either but I've not long unlocked the third area.

~~~

After getting stomped pretty badly off a shaggy long legs (it killed 70 reds) I decided to play some of the mission mode & despite being really hard it's a lot of fun, it will probably help with the story mode too as it tends to teach you how to split up the captains & manage your pikmin so I wouldn't leave it as something to do after finishing the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"   Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3 - "The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters"
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next