We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 9:07

Fortunately I think they've fixed the non-instant gaming this gen. Games tend to install in the background whilst you play and where applicable ask you if you want the online or offline portion of the game installed. I've not had to wait for an update or install on PS4 at all.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 16:44

I can understand why it'd be frustrating on a console as in most cases you're staring at a progress bar, but the upside of installing games on PC is that I can fanny about online whilst I wait for it to install.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 22:13

On titanfall, the bar got to be about 5% then you can play the tutorial and by the time you done that it's installed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 19:02

Why do I have to download two separate things to play Bit.Trip Runner 2? And why do I then have to wait again when I first start the game? Not for long, but still.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014 - 5:18

Things my new laptop sucks at:

1.) The mouse pad doesn't seem to allow scrolling down the page.  I'll just have to get used to it, but it's surprisingly annoying to have to use the down button.  On the bright side I can type again!  Hail to actual keyboards!

2.) The keyboard various f buttons.  For some reason they don't do their various functions on this one, which is a nuisance when I used them so often to change the volume.

Actually scratch that last one, I'd forgotten how quick it is to search things on an actual computer rather than a s***y tv remote.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 13:10

Hypocrisy incoming.  

Whining.  As some may know I've been out of the loop as far as news goes for a few weeks, well that actually extends to basically every facet of life.  If it wasn't in my actual life I haven't been keeping up with it.  So after spending the last few days ripping my rather large cd collection I take a break and have a sniff around my old haunts where I lurked, and what do I find?  Whinging.  The game forums were especially awful, it seems like they could do nothing but bitch and whine and complain about basically everything in every game by every company ever.  And most of it wasn't even interesting, just inane crap.  It felt like every second post I was wishing with every fibre of my being for the ability to punch people through the internet.

Like I said, hypocrisy since that's basically what I'm doing now (if not worse since I'm whining about the inane whining, which must make it therefore a higher state of inanity), but if that's the shit that passes for "conversation" in those places I'm going to stick to here.  I didn't realize how much reading that tripe day in day out worsened my general mood until now, or indeed how much tripe there is on the internet. And if there's one thing I hate more than the whining, it's being in a foul mood.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 13:16

Too damn right.  (blasts thread into sun)

But on a gaming level, yes, Beemoh's prediction is continuing to be bang-on.

beemoh wrote:
General
*Moaning to still be the most popular game in 2014.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 14:15

Balladeer wrote:
Too damn right.  (blasts thread into sun)

Being the social klutz I am I have to ask, by that you mean my post being hypocritical or that there's far too much whining on large game forums?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 14:41

Too much whining, with a bit of a Winky Face at both you and this thread in general.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 19:25

Current job, for those not aware, is in the field of "Live Operations", which is a Title Inflation-y way of saying "IT". I'm working for a software company whose products generally have some online functionality.

More specifically what I do is sit in front of four screens full of graphs, which tell me what sort of state the servers for those online functions are in, which is all a bit pointless as if any of those graphs move in a direction we'd rather they didn't, it kicks out a ticket into our ticketing system, which I respond to so I can check to see if it's an actual issue and not a blip, and if it is, tell whoever's responsible for whatever service that it's all gone tits-up so they can fix it.

One specific product we have is reliant on a third party service which falls over nigh-constantly. When it does that, our server which operates as a go-between shits itself and out pops a ticket.

Which is all fine- except the people who make that product want to be told about every single ticket that pops up even if it turns out to be a non-issue (which it almost invariably is!) or an issue caused by the Other Service if it results in fifteen minutes of downtime in the next hour.

This means that for every minor connectivity issue, I have to sit there and babysit the app every five minutes for three quarters of an hour- this means that not only can I not move from my seat for that time (and I'll inevitably need a wee at the ten minute mark) it also means that if anything else goes wrong, I can't respond to that either.

If it's not a non-issue, it'll keep putting out tickets, which I need to endlessly firefight so my inbox is clear and I don't miss anything else.

Then, of course, when I've done all the admin associated with it (every time you so much as acknowledge a ticket's existence it kicks out a hundred emails, which, thanks to new Outlook being more interested in bullshit swooshy Metro animations rather than fucking working, you'll have to have six goes at moving into a folder and out of the way because it will move them all out of the way when you try to click them, or display them in a stupid order meaning half of them won't be selected), it tickets again and I've got to go through the whole process again even though I know it's broken and I've told the system that it's broken.

If the system would just shut up for thirty seconds instead of constantly mithering me like a fucking child that wants attention this would all be bearable.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 4:41

People who hold graphics in way too high regard.

Case in point - watching some Dark Souls II gameplay, and the comments are full of people saying "ugh this game looks terrible, like it was made on the PS2 urgh not buying it." First and foremost, it straight up doesn't. Secondly, why not try playing the fucking game before bitching about it? I guarantee most of these people commenting are the same people who play Minecraft for hours on end, and that game looks like a shitty arse. But it plays well, hence why people play it.

I think my favourite comment was somebody defending their bashing of the game by saying "Graphics are the most important because gameplay hasn't changed in decades but graphics have".

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 TFdO5ET
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 7:55

Duh! The 1080p vs. 900p is part of this for me. Unless you're getting right up close and screen-watching carefully, or have the two side-by-side, can the difference actually be noticed? Even if it can, is it that important if the game plays well/badly? Give me colour, art style, or even FPSes over ps any day.

Beemoh, do you actually hate your job as much as you seem to on here? I know that we see things through the filter of this thread, but it really sounds to me like you should consider going in a different direction if possible. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 8:32

Balladeer wrote:
Duh! The 1080p vs. 900p is part of this for me.  Unless you're getting right up close and screen-watching carefully, or have the two side-by-side, can the difference actually be noticed?  Even if it can, is it that important if the game plays well/badly?  Give me colour, art style, or even FPSes over ps any day.

Yes & No, as one thing a lot of Xbox One games are still 720p so there's quite a bit of difference between that and 1080p not so much between 900p & 1080p of course frame rate is the big one with a lot still only 30fps on xbone where there 60fps on PS4.

So I see it if you are looking at buying either system and maybe you have some pros & cons of each, surely if your going to be spending £350 your going to want the most bang for your buck which is what you will get if you get a PS4 over a xbone, so it's a big pro in my eyes.

At the moment though it is used as my knob is bigger then yours from the PS4 fanboys, as someone whom owns all three as the Wii U as we know can do 1080p 60fps. I've enjoyed playing on the xbone as the game's I've got have been fun and that's what it comes down to in the end of the day. It doesn't matter that much to me now, if COD11 is demand best on xbone I'll more likely get it on that as I'm spending X amount on it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 8:45

Surely you would base your console purchase decision on which games are inevitably going to come out on each first and foremost? Although obviously if you have both consoles, and the game is the same price on each, then get the prettier version.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 8:55

Puny 50 gig download limits.  Hello to my new internet speed for the month!  

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 Godhelpmethatspeedugh_zps6d3382af

Thank god my contract just finished and I can get an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 9:26

Balladeer wrote:
Surely you would base your console purchase decision on which games are inevitably going to come out on each first and foremost?  Although obviously if you have both consoles, and the game is the same price on each, then get the prettier version.

Yep that's what I'm doing. You would think that but I seem to lot's of people that aren't bothered about a Halo or a Uncharted there bothered about FIFA or COD which will be on both.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 9:44

Athrun888 wrote:
Puny 50 gig download limits.  Hello to my new internet speed for the month!

Best thing about this post is the picture name. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 9:44

masofdas wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Duh! The 1080p vs. 900p is part of this for me.  Unless you're getting right up close and screen-watching carefully, or have the two side-by-side, can the difference actually be noticed?  Even if it can, is it that important if the game plays well/badly?  Give me colour, art style, or even FPSes over ps any day.

Yes & No, as one thing a lot of Xbox One games are still 720p so there's quite a bit of difference between that and 1080p not so much between 900p & 1080p of course frame rate is the big one with a lot still only 30fps on xbone where there 60fps on PS4.

Framerate is the kicker for me - there's no excuse for a game running at a sub-par framerate in this day and age. As Balla said, I'll take good art direction over graphical fidelity any day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 22:46

PC gamers, Sorry Jay

Well it kinda goes back to what Jay said about Dark Souls II if you don't like the game why are you looking at it. I think it's just to troll but the people whom seem to troll the most is PC gamers. IGN will do a video saying about the difference of a game on PS4 & Xbox One then you'll get a post on it saying LOL I'm playing it in 1440p on my PC #masterrace. Why are you even watching this video, why do we need to know how PC runs and whats it got to do with PS4 & Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 4:22

That's definitely a certain branch of PC gamers - there's a group of elitists who sneer on console gaming like it's for peasants or something. I can sort of see some of their criticisms, specifically that PC ports tend to suffer graphically because they had to be downgraded for consoles, but as a whole being elitist about playing on PC is daft. I'm basically still playing on 360, as nearly every game I play I use a 360 pad.

Having said that, the graphical gap between consoles and PC is far far smaller with the release of the PS4 and Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 9:11

Now there is almost no gap between PS4 and PC, Battlefield 4 is the same on both of them. There is still some instances though of a gap Titanfall is 720p in xbone, soon you'll be able to play it in 4lk on PC.

One of my co workers is like that, he said i stead of me buying a PS4 & Xbone, I should of spent all the money making a PC as there better. I did try to explain how I can't play Infamous Second Son on a PC but he was having none of it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 19:11

Match-x puzzle games that think that a good way to test your skill is to have lots of pieces that look almost identical.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 Maxresdefault

DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 19:36

masofdas wrote:
One of my co workers is like that, he said i stead of me buying a PS4 & Xbone, I should of spent all the money making a PC as there better. I did try to explain how I can't play Infamous Second Son on a PC but he was having none of it.

I think the only real obvious pros to being a PC gamer in this generation is the price of games being drastically cheaper, free online play and modding. It loses out on a lot of exclusives and functionality of consoles, but that's never been a big concern of mine. I couldn't give a stuff really what machine people play their games on - it's all about the games themselves for me.

Also Balla, totally agree on that. Grinds my gears when I see that in puzzlers, so it does.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 7:44

Balladeer wrote:
Match-x puzzle games that think that a good way to test your skill is to have lots of pieces that look almost identical.

What are you talking about? Plusle and Minun even have different coloured ears. Worlds apart!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 9:30

Somehow they, Pachirisu and Emolga all blend into one when I'm playing that level.

Also there's one level where most of the tiles are Unown. Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next