We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)

Go down 
+12
Rum
Kriken
Buskalilly
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
shanks
The_Jaster
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 15:05

Well you guys have talked me out of getting it, voting with my wallet as they say
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 15:09

I thought I was going full Buska but you REALLY went full Mas Laughing Laughing

✊✊power to you brother
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 16:24

masofdas wrote:
Well you guys have talked me out of getting it, voting with my wallet as they say

Ah yes, that technique that has famously worked against Nintendo for 35 years!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 16:25

Rum wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I can't help but instantly think of Reggie Fils-Aime's "insatiable" comment when I see folk discuss this 3D All-stars bundle, while it'd be phenomenal for it to have all the bells and whistles of a full remake (SM64 would obviously benefit the most from this) I personally like the fact they will be closer to the originals with a few little tweaks here & there. I've not played Sunshine or Galaxy since their initial launches which is what, 13 - 15 plus years? That alone has me quite excited in replaying these absolute classics. Grin

These are my thoughts, word for word! And I've only ever played SM64's DS remake, which was not the ideal way to play it, so I'm pretty psyched for this. Obviously it's not mega difficult to play the originals but... that's not really the point of a rerelease?!

Cheers! I get wanting games to run at a great technical level but folk go overboard with it these days like it's only important thing. Smile

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 16:28

It won't change anything me not buying it and how many times we seen gamers say like I have then something still does well.

Just personally it's how I feel about it compared to other games and companies, that I'm not going to give Nintendo a free pass because it's Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 16:36

Well, as Buska says, power to you brother. I shall buy it and have a nice time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 16:38

Who's actually giving them a free pass though? This discussion wouldn't exist if they had a free pass & I think everyone here would agree that having a blow your balls off 4K Ultra HD turbo 5000 edition would be great but it just isn't important for a lot of people. We are talking about 3 all time classics here that you will be able to play on a portable console without that all time classic gameplay being compromised.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 17:14

I've said my view on it Jas and glad it's something you guys will enjoy but isn't for me at that price for what the games are.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 17:20

Fair enough just had to say I disagree with your free pass comment, though I must admit I thought you would have been up for trying Mario Galaxy with more standard controls since I remember you weren't keen on the wii remote set up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 17:26

Well I think Nintendo get a free pass on a lot of things because of the quality of there games buts a whole different thing

Yeah Galaxy is the thing I would want to play but sounds like still use the motion controls or in my case touchscreen which sounds naff
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 18:53

I was wary about entering into this discussion and going Full Balla, but I see that Buska and Mas have got there ahead of me.  I must admit to being surprised at the contents of 3D All-Stars (recalling that the original All-Stars had a full paint job for a couple of games and a game the West had never seen) combined with the price, although apparently not as surprised as Mas!

Anyway, Bowser's Fury looked potentially intriguing, I thought.  Given that SM3DW is obviously better in multiplayer, depending on the scale of the additional content I could be tempted to pick it up to replay it with The Lady... which is not what I thought I'd be saying when The Year Of Mario first leaked!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 18:54

Anyhow, to move us on I've got a few questions.

Do you's plan on playing through every game in the collection or is there a specific Mario game you will play first? For me I think I'll be starting off with Sunshine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 18:57

I wasn't surprised as I was bang on with what is happening, just it's not for me what's on offer.

I would start SM64 which I may buy on WiiU
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 20:59

I won't resist be able to resist dipping into all of them at once, just how to see how they all are. I'm still not sure which one I'll focus on first though. Sunshine is enticing because it seems like the most upgraded. However I do hold Galaxy in higher regard and it's been longer since I last played it.

I do plan on doing a 120 star playthrough on Mario 64 after as well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 23:50

The_Jaster wrote:

Do you's plan on playing through every game in the collection or is there a specific Mario game you will play first? For me I think I'll be starting off with Sunshine.

I think I'll start with Super Mario 64, that'll never get old, but the next game after that, I'm not sure. I'll play through Galaxy for sure, but I don't think it'll be straight away. I was looking forward to using my Smash Ultimate GameCube controller for Sunshine, but it's apparently not compatible. Baws!

masofdas wrote:
I wasn't surprised as I was bang on with what is happening

It was somebody else's rumour, and it was a bold a prediction as saying that Kylian Mbappé is going to be in FIFA 21...!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 0:11

There was lots of rumors, I guess choose to believe the most Nintendo one of them, is that better for you!?!?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 0:35

Oh soothsayer, please share your wisdom with us! Will the PS5 and XBox Series X cost more than £100? I've heard rumours but my feeble intellect doesn't know what to believe.

masofdas wrote:
Well I think Nintendo get a free pass . . . because of the quality of there games

That's not a free pass then, surely? It's a pass earned through exceptional game production.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 8:03

Great you didn't believe these where going to be full remakes some where touting, you don't have to be a dick about it though

Fine whatever about Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 9:24

Sorry mate, I did wonder if I was being a bit much.

But you come on here and make deliberately provocative statements then always act surprised and annoyed when it provokes a reaction from everyone!

Let's move off the remakes and talk about the other stuff, we haven't really touched on it yet.

That remote control car AR Mario Kart dealie does look fun. I was honestly wondering how they would top Mario Kart 8 so I'm not surprised they're trying something weird and separate instead. I reckon it will be great fun the two or three times in my life that I have other players with Switches and Karts to play with.

Also, the Splatfest! I'm really surprised we didn't have more splatfests to tie in with Nintendo's other games. We had that Pokémon Red Vs Blue one and . . . that's it, I think? We had Ninja Turtles and Transformers already but this is only the second Nintendo crossover!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 9:45

Yeah those AR Mario Karts put a smile on my face, it's a bit like seeing something you dreamed about as a child come to life. Like you I doubt I'd ever get much use out of it, but what a treat it would be to have a few games of it with several other people.

Not a fan of the limited release thing but if they are trying to "Disney Vault" this then it is because Nintendo do produce high quality things and that's what they're leveraging here. It's far less scummy than getting children to gamble.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 10:15

Yeah, I don't support a limited release, but I don't have enough data to be annoyed about it. Is that it, and after the cut off date these games are PTed or is it just that they'll be released as individual games on the eShop and this is a slight bargain price, or is it literally coming out in a different box without the anniversary branding? Nobody knows, so I'm not wasting any energy.

You know what does irk me slightly though? That Nintendo treat the release of Super Mario Bros. in 1985 as the date for counting how many years of Mario there have been, as though Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. didn't both come out before that. I don't think this year is the first time, either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 10:58

Again sorry if anything comes over how they did wasn't meant to be hey look I'm Mas look what I got right based on other people's rumors if it come over as that, wasn't my intention

Also said my piece on Nintendo on the forum before

I do like the Mario Kart thing just haven't got room here and when I do can see me only using once or twice like other things like this in the past
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 16:30

I thought those AR Mario Kart things were baws but then they clearly aren't aimed at me so it's not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 18:58

The_Jaster wrote:

I'm gonna play through in order, I'm not itching to play any more than the other do might as well do it the way God (Shigsy) intended. I am a little annoyed at the limited release and if I couldn't get hold of the physical version I don't think I'd bother with the download. More annoying than that is the Mario 35 being limited though, Tetris 99 is the dog's bollocks and I'm sure this will be great too so a shame it's gonna become unplayable.

3D World and Bowser's Furries seems to have online multiplayer, have to get on that lads. The Mario Kart thing looks cool, seen someone say they kind of had to do this because they've no good reason to release a proper game on the Switch with 8 Deluxe still selling like hot pies, still would love some new DLC for that at least. Anyway I wouldn't mind picking it up, it's the kind of thing I can see Lyla getting in to soon enough and I'm a big kid too but £100 is a little steep when it's also priced $100 in the US, that exchange rate. Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 1:39

The_Jaster wrote:
I'd already started playing through the older 2D ones, so I'mma continue that and then I can roll straight from World into 64.
Treesmurf wrote:
The Mario Kart thing looks cool, seen someone say they kind of had to do this because they've no good reason to release a proper game on the Switch with 8 Deluxe still selling like hot pies,
I think I said that, just up there :p ☝☝
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next