We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?

Go down 
+6
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Balladeer
The_Jaster
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Empty
PostSubject: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 13:20

We come to May's games which a better month then I thought it would be after the two PS4 and two Xbox One games got delayed thought some more would be.

As I follow a few people that talk game salezzz with games as whole doing well with Animal Crossing tracking to do over 20m for instance but physical seems to be taking a dip for likes of Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil the argument could be made that digital would be selling less if physical were available but people do want these games physical as FFVIIR is going for $100+ sealed on eBay at the moment in the states and in the UK around £55 for a used copy.

That you can understand Sony delaying Last of Us 2 due to production as that along with the three games I talked about I could see people picking up from their local GAME which they can't do and this is no knock on the games coming out this month but even the biggest game isn't one that I see having a huge pick up on a whim demand from GAME, it does feel like people who would want it would just order from Amazon.

Retail Games of May

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Switch11

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Evercade-full-width-homepage

Spoiler:

What about you guys?

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 13:35

Just the three things that take my fancy and those are:

Jet lancer
TW101
Ion Fury
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 13:48

Wasn't Ion Fury the game with the controversy around the devs? Did you miss TW101 on Wii U or just wanting to go back?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 16:54

masofdas wrote:
Wasn't Ion Fury the game with the controversy around the devs? Did you miss TW101 on Wii U or just wanting to go back?

Yeah their PR was a mess over a homophobic slur that was on an item in game but has since been removed according to this article.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-26-ion-fury-to-retain-homophobia-in-game-after-all

----

I did play TW101 on wii U but I feel I didn't give it a fair shot before I stopped playing it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 18:17

Still seems a dodgy company to be supporting. Meh

I will be buying nothing this month. I wish it had been long enough since I last played Xenoblade for me to pick it up again: it hasn't. Then again, I didn't think I'd be playing Animal Crossing...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 18:27

Yeah I can't see me getting because of that

on Xenoblade be nice to see others pick up and have chat about it
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:28

I totally get what you's are saying but think how many folk are attached to dev teams these days and now think how many people on each of those teams are bottom of barrel arseholes such as the homophobic one on the Ion fury team. Should I really not buy a game I think looks good just because of one out of those fifty people are ignorant?

If it was one person who made this game then sure it'd be easy to not buy, but here I can easily separate it because it isn't just one person who made this game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:32

I will attempt to purchase Animal Crossing a second time I think, given how much time I've spent playing it already. That's it for me this month!
I was sort of interested in the new Xenoblade, but a mate of mine was describing his frustration at the weird mechanics while playing XC2, and that was like "I'm out". *continues to play Breath of Fire on SNES.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:44

The_Jaster wrote:
I totally get what you's are saying but think how many folk are attached to dev teams these days and now think how many people on each of those teams are bottom of barrel arseholes such as the homophobic one on the Ion fury team. Should I really not buy a game I think looks good just because of one out of those fifty people are ignorant?

If it was one person who made this game then sure it'd be easy to not buy, but here I can easily separate it because it isn't just one person who made this game.

You're not wrong, as I know it's rather different but me with Konami and you must know for instance how Jim Sterling feels about them but he did do a video where he was like it's not everyone at Konami makes the decisions and unfair on who worked on the Castlevania Collection (it was something like this) as they would likely having nothing to do with the shite Konami does do.

Just reading that article and what I do know, it seemed a bit of mess the whole handling even if just one guy on the dev team put it in and I will be passing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 2:39

Xenbobob and that'll be my lot. A backlog month for the most part, methinks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 10:30

Pretty excited for Minecraft dungeons coop, that's probably the highlight for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 20:07

This is a much better month than it has any right to be, will probably get Xenoblade as it's time I gave that a try but probably nothing else. Will get Wonderful 101 at some point but I'm in no rush to play it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:32

I should probably finish Xenbobob 2 before I pick up the first for a third time; I’m hoping I can talk Matty into playing it though, as he never has.

I want to pick up Wonderful 101 eventually, but I haven’t even re-bought Bayonetta for the Switch yet.

Ion Fury can fuck off though. It seems like way more than one bad actor to me, that studio is rotten to the core.
But whatever, there’s no ethical consumption under capitalism.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:59

Yep, that's my feeling - it doesn't feel like one bad apple (like, say, JonTron in A Hat in Time), it feels like the company direction.  That article you posted, Jas: it doesn't feel like the second bit, where they keep the 'Ogay' jab in because (screechy voice) 'free speech', is the work of one man.  It feels like they got other people in the company in to help make that decision, and what they finished up with panders to a rather unpleasant crowd.  The donation to the Trevor Project is nice but feels like tokenism to appease.

Buskalilly wrote:
But whatever, there’s no ethical consumption under capitalism.

No completely ethical consumption maybe, but there are different degrees.  

Anyway, Nintendo use conflict minerals in their machines so 🤷 Not sure what degree that is. Perhaps buy the game but also make a donation to LGBT charities, like the company did?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 11:34

Pretty sure it's impossible to ensure you avoid conflict minerals in tech production

World is messed up
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 13:56

Balla wrote:
Anyway, Nintendo use conflict minerals in their machines so 🤷 Not sure what degree that is. Perhaps buy the game but also make a donation to LGBT charities, like the company did?

Yeah that's a decent idea actually.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:33

I'm not going to update the list every time something changes but seemingly starting as Sodessco (something like that) are delaying two of their games physically because of production issues but will come out digitally, SEGA announced though a Hatsune Miku game coming to the eShop.

Nintendo Life also put a article up talking to devs about things going on and just seen that Baluders Gate 3 will be put back a bit because of what's happening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:03

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:

Yeah that's a decent idea actually.  

That's a relief, I thought it might have been unwanted moralising! OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Icon_shiftylol
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:46

Wait a minute....what is that lol emote? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 10:03

Bringing emotes in from other forums? Filthy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 14:38

Yep! That might be worth more than a 7 second ban to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 14:53

Strip Balla of admin rights! Strip Balla of admin rights!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 3:32

I genuinely thought the lol emote was busted for a bit when I saw that googly eyed version. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 9:50

Time for a regime change around here. Get rid of Balla, give Admin powers to Andy, Jas and me, and we'll turn this into the official Monster Mash Forum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 10:42

Buskalilly wrote:
Time for a regime change around here. Get rid of Balla, give Admin powers to Andy, Jas and me, and we'll turn this into the official Monster Mash Forum.

Just go to Discord
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?   OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May? Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG Shulk, is that a whopper red sword on your back or are you just pleased to see May?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next