We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 14:55

My Top 10 Switch games would say not been many great years till now
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 19:09

Now, this might be a bit mean but I think it's fair.

Mas, you normally play a load pish that's why you probably think that. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 19:18

Like all the Wii U games were till on Switch.

Sorry to keep beating that drum but you can show me all Switch exclusives and lot would have been on the Wii U and I'm not rebuying them.

Sure I'm a bit of hypocrite as I rebought Final Fantasy VII Remake for Intergrade but that is sort of a free upgrade (would be if I kept the game) where I just need to buy the Yuffie DLC.

If I could just buy Bowers Fury, I would be all over that for instance.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 22:03

Treesmurf wrote:
Ooh I wouldn't mind hearing about the 8BitDo if you give it a try, been eyeing one of those up for a while.

I've been using it with Antstream and with my phone for the last week. The controller works well with the 2D platformers/fighters/shmups/beat 'em ups that I usually play, but the D-Pad isn't great with diagonal inputs. As you could predict, it's all a bit cramped, and there's very little travel with it. That doesn't make it too uncomfortable though. It's just that it's usefulness with something like Super Mario 3D World & Bowser's Fury is a bit limited. Basically, the older and less complicated the game, the better the 8bitdo Zero 2 works.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 8:01

masofdas wrote:

Taking Another Level literally:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 18:00

Mas wrote:
Sorry to keep beating that drum but you can show me all Switch exclusives and lot would have been on the Wii U and I'm not rebuying them.

I'm pretty sure we have talked about this before, I really dislike port/remakes too & I've largely ignored most of them and I've still had lot's of great games to play on Switch over the years. Also ports and remakes are just big business these days and all formats are flooded with them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 18:23

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

We don't get enough Another Level content on this forum. Thank you gjones.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 20:02

The_Jaster wrote:
Mas wrote:

I'm pretty sure we have talked about this before, I really dislike port/remakes too & I've largely ignored most of them and I've still had lot's of great games to play on Switch over the years. Also ports and remakes are just big business these days and all formats are flooded with them in my opinion.

It's cool you have but personally it's been like one a year Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing and that's been about it.

I've also seen likes of Balla, Cappa etc Top 10th games and isn't wow need a Switch from it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 20:07

The chart battle between Dane Bowers and True Steppers' Out of Your Mind and Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Spiller's If This Ain't Love was better than any console war. Thank you gjones.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 20:33

Don't drag my top ten into this.  You're just at the very thin end of the wedge Mas, where you don't play anything but complete and utter exclusives on your Switch AND don't have any interest in the portable aspect either.  That even you've found a top ten given these criteria is a compliment to the Switch rather than anything else. Razz

It could do with more, sure, and I'll moan about that again another day; but you've got to recognise that you are at very much the thin end. So (having owned a Wii U and 3DS and wanting bigger budget titles and being hideously picky about my games) am I, but not quite so much!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 21:18

Sure I've just not really had this with another Nintendo system, sure most part been two at one time, which also hope for more out of Switch because just the one system.

I also think it's the PS2 effect where I know people love that system and I can read a Top 200 list which I'll go I played that on Dreamcast, that on OG Xbox, that on Cube.

Doesn't take away from the quality of games and without me caring about the portable aspect too much for Switch, it is like you say pure exclusives.

I do feel the same about PlayStation and Xbox as well mind with that, along with the 40+ systems I've owned.

Everyone but Cappa buy MonHan Rise?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 1:49

Oh this was about exclusives? That was not clear at all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 7:58

Always has been what I've been talking about for every console when I've been on the forum.

Why I said about Wii U ports at the very start as I was expecting hey Mario Kart 8 is brilliant which it is but played on the U.

I don't know how that's going to be with PS5 and Series, as bring up remasters which I think going to be less can go buy but more games will get updates which would normally be resold as a remaster.

Anyway you all know my views on the Switch, why this year coming been year of the switch because likes Monster Hunter Rise this month, New Pokemon Snap next and so on.

Didn't think being exciting for games, would been such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 12:09

You know that episode of Star Trek where Picard beams down to the planet with the captain of the alien ship and even though they have a universal translator, they can't communicate because their worldviews are so different the things they say make no sense to one another? That's how I feel trying to follow what Mas is saying right now Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 13:55

Well I've said what I said, personally feel it's pretty straight forward.

Same goes why I've not bought another PS5 yet as I'm waiting for PS5 games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 14:33

Yeah, I just disagree at such a fundamental level.
I don't see myself buying a PS5 or Xbox for a long while, though, I'm with you there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 14:47

It's just always been my view, games are games and take Balan which I've bought that is just a game that's come out.

Monster Hunter Rise though that's a brilliant Switch game.

Might because I've had all the system's or what not or how I compare to other mediums like books, films or TV etc

Edit here it is
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 20210310
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 18:03

Yeah, I've just not been arsed about what console has what exclusives for a long time (you'd probably have to go back to when I was a young teenager & actually cared about console wars Laughing ) as now if a game looks exciting then I'll play the shit out of it no matter the format it happens to be on.

mas wrote:
Didn't think being excited for games, would been such a bad thing.

It's not and it's cool you have a lot more to look forward to for your Switch, but if you look at the games we have raved about collectively on this forum for the past 4 years you could probably debate your "Year of switch" claim even if it is off to an absolute flyer with MH Rise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 18:25

Yeah the whole console wars is silly, again why I've always had all the system's as why just have Nintendo games and limit myself, like I wouldn't just watch Disney films. Why I play everywhere and everything because just games.

However I still think exclusives are important though to a degree, as I wouldn't get a Nintendo system if it didn't have Mario, Zelda etc and be no point of me getting a PS5 if it didn't have Ratchet or Horizon, as I've got a Xbox that play likes of Residents Evil Village. I'm guessing even you, would be tempted by a PS5 if Bloodborne 2 was just on it and not on PS4 for example.

I can't think of much you guys have really raved about either though part from a certain launch game for the Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 18:11

mas wrote:
However I still think exclusives are important though to a degree, as I wouldn't get a Nintendo system if it didn't have Mario, Zelda etc and be no point of me getting a PS5 if it didn't have Ratchet or Horizon, as I've got a Xbox that play likes of Residents Evil Village. I'm guessing even you, would be tempted by a PS5 if Bloodborne 2 was just on it and not on PS4 for example.

Well, I was able to hold off on a ps5 that has Demon's Souls which I've never played so....
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 20:39

Buskalilly wrote:
You know that episode of Star Trek where Picard beams down to the planet with the captain of the alien ship and even though they have a universal translator, they can't communicate because their worldviews are so different the things they say make no sense to one another? That's how I feel trying to follow what Mas is saying right now Laughing

I feel like I'm the translator!

'The Switch is the best machine ever and Nintendo are great and I cuddle my Pro Controller in bed at night.'
'Whoa now, let's tone it down a notch maybe...'
'The Switch is rubbish and has no games and all four years have been shit.'
'NOT THAT FAR DOWN'

I'm just pleased that Mas is looking forward to this year to be honest. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 19:25

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 61vn5VpEpYL._AC_SX522_

I bought one of these off Amazon. It’s another retro console with the familiar Technos/Data East/Jaleco/Irem games in-built, but there’s enough unusual SNES and Arcade games on it to make me feel that it was worth a shot. There’s an SD card slot for 8bit and 16bit ROMS, which increases it’s value to me a little more. I think it looks decent enough for £35, after a £25 discount.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 21:05

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
Ooh I wouldn't mind hearing about the 8BitDo if you give it a try, been eyeing one of those up for a while.

I've been using it with Antstream and with my phone for the last week. The controller works well with the 2D platformers/fighters/shmups/beat 'em ups that I usually play, but the D-Pad isn't great with diagonal inputs. As you could predict, it's all a bit cramped, and there's very little travel with it. That doesn't make it too uncomfortable though. It's just that it's usefulness with something like Super Mario 3D World & Bowser's Fury is a bit limited. Basically, the older and less complicated the game, the better the 8bitdo Zero 2 works.

Thanks, think I could still be tempted.

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

The discussion over Switch should have ended here. Outstanding. Applause
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 15:33

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 Img_2017

Pikmin 3 Deluxe was £24.99 new, a much more reasonable price than the RRP. I snagged those Animal Crossing cards from Nintendo UK's shop earlier in the week - they've been out for years, but I think they've only been in stock for about three milliseconds.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:27

Gah I missed out on those cards, when I seen they'd gone on sale hours after the fact it reminded me of the bad old days trying to get every new Amiibo. I've got the item in my wishlist ready for next time anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next