We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 12:34

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 16110510

Treated myself to a Genki Video Games order. The GameCube game is the Nintendo Puzzle Collection - it's in rough shape but it's got the slip case, the manual and it was only a tenner. Kirby Tilt n' Tumble is the only Kirby game I've never played and I've been meaning to buy it for ages - this Japanese version is a lot cheaper. The N64 game is the first New Japan Pro Wrestling game from 1998, I've never played this either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 12:57

That's a good price, might have to check them out
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 13:26

Along with picking up a handful of eShop games the other day (Cyber-shadow, Double dragon neon & Unto the end) I picked this controller up off amazon for 34 quid.

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Hori-fighting-commander-switch2
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 14:11

That Hori pad looks really nice. I saw in this month's Official Playstation Magazine that a PS4 Hori pad is offered for new subscribers, which I am tempted by, but the content of the mag disappointed me. I haven't bought a new console magazine in ages but OPM felt a bit, well, soulless. Their Top 25 PS4 games in the back was also a bit suspect.

I bought Dirt 4 on PS4 though, purely for the "procedurally-generated levels" - something F-Zero did twenty years ago. Will let you know how that goes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 16:45

Aye, I've bought it mainly for 2D platformers/beat 'em ups but I gave it a good test on Mark of the Wolves first for about an hour or so & it's pretty good. D-pad is better than what's on the Switch pro controller, it's comfortable to hold and it has very good instant feed back on the buttons.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2021 - 17:53

I've had OPM recently as 3 issues for £3, it's fine and I find the Top 25 odd as thought be more PS4s exclusives then odd placings but guessing it's best on the scores they gave.

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 20210112

Gor those including the can of monster and bag for £15.99
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2021 - 11:54

Stupid Sony and their stupid PS Store sales. More digital bargains for the backlog:

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 81rQIeGFJHL._AC_SL1500_yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 71nCl9i-V0L._AC_SX679_yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 91-tzg8N8pL._AC_SL1500_yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 71iJgqC9wAL._AC_SX342_

Had a dip into SoR4 after hearing great things on here - it's sooooo good. It's quite tough from first impressions, but that just makes me want to master it (like I did the first two back in the 90s).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2021 - 3:00

Witcher and Tites were two total games of the generation. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2021 - 18:18

Few things since my post whilst at work with my 90p Ace Combat but £3 PS3 LEGO Star Wars

Sticking to physical otherwise the list be a mile long with digital stuff, so far not got anything from the current sale on Xbox Live though

The biggest thing a replacement for my boring black PSP which has issues with charging even with new batteries
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EssJotzXcAIxNot?format=jpg&name=smallyearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EssJpHkW8AEVkNT?format=jpg&name=large

A couple of games, did also the Control Ultimate Edition for the Next Gen upgrade
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Es0nm0cXIAcXETY?format=jpg&name=mediumyearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Et3pJswXYAIKfKH?format=jpg&name=small

Then these today
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 NVL_AB2B_EUpkg2021_1_R_ad-0
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2021 - 8:14

That is a Peach amiibo I don't currently own . . .
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2021 - 14:53

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 16132210

Super Mario 3D World & Bowser's Fury was always going to be a day-one buy for me. Tony Hawks was a bargain at £15 on Amazon Warehouse Deals. The PSP game is the best way of playing Super Pang these days, and the PlayStation game interested me on a recent 'Criminially Overlooked Games' episode of Game Sack. It's an arcadey third-person shooter by Konami, and I'd never heard of it before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2021 - 15:46

I've not watched that video will do as I've not heard of it either

Did check out Genki Video Games yesterday, some nice things especially PS1 & 2, but it's playing them of course. Couldn't find anything on Cube or Wii, which I could play easily.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 14 Feb 2021 - 15:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2021 - 9:37

I've definitely heard the name "Gungage" but I can't say anything more than that on the subject.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2021 - 11:59

From playing it this weekend, it isn't hard to understand why Gungage isn't well known. 

For import games, a Freeloader disc is probably the cheapest way for the GameCube, though it doesn't always run everything smoothly. On PSone, PS2 and Wii, I'd have to think that buying an NTSC console is the most straightforward way, I don't think a Freeloader exists for any of those consoles. Yet I'm extremely fortunate to have bought a charity shop PAL PS2 Slim that plays American and Japanese games, so there's surely got to be a way it can be chipped/modded?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2021 - 15:18

I've got a JPN Cube and a modded Wii, so those are no issue for imports and I do have 22 JPN Cube games. Then systems like PS3, PSP, VITA are region free, just couldn't see anything that took my fancy for those.

Looking and talking to Genki, the easiest way would change something inside the PS2 or actual import console. Wasn't something I was looking into, just on the site seeing things like Chrono Cross for £13 piqued my interest.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 12:49

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Img_2015

The Game & Watch was £29.99 last weekend - I've been tinkering about with it and I'll likely post my thoughts in a review thread in the next couple of days. Those three Switch games are all codes in a box, but massively discounted - Namco Museum was about £7, and the other two were in a 2 for £15 offer at Argos. A £5 voucher I got off Facebook took it down to 2 for a tenner.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 10:58

Along with a couple of work friends, we all bought one of these bad boys each:
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 S-l1600
It's a Digimon Virtual Pet/ Fitbit device where you raise the Digimon by exercising IRL. I haven't had any luck with the app and smartwatch features in Japanese yet but the basic device is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 17:40

I could get behind a device like that and hope they make an English version one day.

I've actually started getting into Pokemon Go again because it gives walks more of a purpose. Living without a car and under COVID means I'm seeing the same things whenever I do venture outside, so having something to give those same sites meaning is really nice.

I mostly use it as a means to track how many steps I've done, but there are lots of pokemon in the game now so it isn't just a Pidgeyfest. You can earn in game currency by holding gyms, which gives some extra incentive to put in the extra mileage and secure some of the out of the way gyms that'll likely go unchallenged for a while.

Helps a lot that I live in a gym and that my area as a whole has a large amount of pokestops, not like home back in Somerset where there's one stop within a 5 mile radius. At least a digidevice wouldn't be bothered about where you live!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 8:00

Mate, you gots to add me on that Pokémon Go! Maaaate!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 9:28

Maaate, My trainer code is: 7612 6575 6466
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021 - 14:43

Few things since last post like my Quest 2 but today for #yearoftheamiibo
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 ExaWKmTWYAEX8d1?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 3:28

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 53ckgu
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Mar 2021 - 9:15

You'll see you'll all see.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 14:09

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Img_2016

Crash 4 was £38 - I'm pretty happy with that, as it's more expensive on the eShop and not even out here physically anyway. The Atari Flashbacks collection was only £25 - that's roughly 17p a game. The Banjo amiibo was always getting bought, and the 8bitdo controller was a (drunken) impulse buy at around £15.

I also bought some expanded storage for my PS4 - I've been meaning to do that for 5 years but I think now I'm going to make an effort to play some of those PS4 classics I've missed.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Mar 2021 - 14:26

Ooh I wouldn't mind hearing about the 8BitDo if you give it a try, been eyeing one of those up for a while.

Buskalilly wrote:
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 53ckgu

Applause There's already been plenty of years of the Switch, you just weren't taking part in them Mas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 4 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next