We like our Video Game Music Challenges like we like our men: in Really Hard Mode.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  Empty
PostSubject: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyWed 22 Jul 2020 - 21:06

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  Shin-megami-tensei-III-y-V-portada-Gamerfocus

The mini direct may have been disappointing for some but knowing both of these are coming in 2021 is great news. I've not played a mainline SMT game, just some of the spin off titles like something called Persona.

From the outside as a newer Atlus fan, SMT is darker in tone to its Persona counterparts from I am told which is fine by me.

Also, now with SMTIII going to be on Switch the whole mainline series is on Nintendo:

Shin Megami Tensei SNES/GBA/Nintendo Online
Shin Megami Tensei II SNES/GBA
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Switch
Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei V Switch

I might be crazy but maybe Atlus should have a SMASH rep  Wink
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 13:13

I know nothing about the core SMTs apart from they have demons that look like genitalia. 'Darker' doesn't sound great for me, but I guess I'll keep an eye on these.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 13:22

Persona also have those demons but as shadows instead.

I think because Persona is in high school and you hang out with your mates etc it comes over as lighter where I think SMT is more doom and gloom in terms of the whole world being taken over etc.

But these are huge announcements not quite but close to a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy for Atlus as those are to Square Enix.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Eternatus
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 15:56

Its kind of a monster-battling RPG, right? I should give it a go . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 23 Jul 2020 - 15:57

Yep you recruit demons and they battle for you I believe
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 11:06

From what I understand, the way you recruited Personas in P5 draws heavy inspiration from how you recruit demons in SMT. It's quite neat in that you've got to persuade the demon to join you. I've never played a mainline SMT game myself - I assume that this is a Final Fantasy situation where numbered titles feature new stories and characters and don't require having played the previous games in the series, yes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 16:42

That is correct or you have games like Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse which Apocalypse is the sequel or the X-2, XIII-2 of SMTIV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V  Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V
Page 1 of 1