Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 5:14

Cool on Knockout

More than likely the other way around seeing it's a Nintendo published game DC Superhero Girls.

Yep anyone can play anything and wouldn't be surprised if Balla plays DC Superhero Girls, it is a Nintendo exclusive Winky Face then want Batgirl in SMASH as she's been in a Nintendo game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 6:19

masofdas wrote:
it's a Nintendo published game DC Superhero Girls.

Now that is weird.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 16:32

There's a fellow on Scullions' Discord who's properly offended by that, seeing it as ripping off the kiddywinks. It might well be, but as you say Buska, licensed games have been doing that for ages.

Another game that I clocked that I might try that's coming to Switch is Outer Wilds. It's Annapurna, for starters (as is that weird Neon White game but that looks like I'd either not understand it or it'd make me sick), and Castle raved about it in The Back Page as his second-favourite game of last gen. The way the systems fit together does sound really clever. My only concern is the time limit, so I suppose it depends how much else I have going on around the time of its release.

Rum wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
If we get a few more Among us games back on the go then that would be much easier to figure out.

But then everyone will know that I'm the poshest sounding Scot Crying or Very sad

My heart bleeds for you that people might think you're posh-sounding. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 21:33

Outer Wilds is supposed to be really really great and I can't believe I've not got round to it yeah, I'll likely play on PlayStation when I do anyway but it should be a great addition to the Switch library.

I don't think the DC game is gonna be terrible, it's absolutely not for any of us but if they can make it play like a Lego game and not have too many "omg girlies let's go SHOPPING!" moments then it might be reasonably reputable kids game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:34

From today's MH digital event:  

MH Stories 2 got a new trailer

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 16:30

Year of the Switch and Year of the RPG
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 19:46

Nyavirou returns. 0/10 worst game on Switch confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 1:51

New prediction: The Switch 2 is gonna launch right before Stories 2 so I don't care about playing it, just like the first on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 18:26

We just had an Indie Showcase

I'm not like the chat which was saying things like Mario etc as that's dumb, but I was sort underwhelmed. Not because wasn't good-looking things in the showcase such as TMNT, Cris Tales, Art of Rally just we've seen them before with no real new info.

Till the end though which has a something I didn't see coming and super excited about.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 11:14

I dug this; GetsuFumoDen and Aztech both look right up my street. I loved Oxenfree and I'm very much interested in a sequel. I was intrigued by The Longing and There Is No Game, though I'll have to hear more. I like the look of TMNT but Rob has a SNES and Turtles in Time, not to mention Scott Pilgrim on his PS3, and we've barely played those so I'm not in desperate need of a new one.

I downloaded the Never Yield demo and it was extremely style over substance. I think I'd recommend 2 Fast 4 Gnomz over that.

My only disappointment was the lack of news on Silksong.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:10

Have to agree that the GetsuFumoDen game looked very good.

The Longing seems conceptually very interesting. I'm not sure I'll pick it up but I appreciate the audacity of the concept.

And of course, I would love a TMNT game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 14:30

Aye, I'm all about that GetsuFumaDen as well (which is a sequel to an old Konami game apparently) and Olli Olli World looked like great fun.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 16 Apr 2021 - 10:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 16:10

Haven't ever played an Olli Olli game but I only hear good things. I might actually get it if it's on sale or something since it'll be on the Switch. Seems like the perfect game to dabble in from time to time and it's got a simple, efficient, and clean look to it as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 20:50

GetsuFumoDen looked tremendous, but... well y'all know my views there.

For a showcase where I wasn't interested in either the kick-off or ending games, that was pretty decent.  I liked the look of Aztech, Cris Tales, and the first Annapurna game; and there's a bunch of other stuff that I could pick up if it reviews well.  There Is No Game went straight onto my wishlist too.  

I've never played Fez, but apparently (there's some debate) Phil Fish was a bit of a bad egg.  Might steer clear.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:21

I'm more shocked Rob has Scott Pilgrim still installed on a PS3 after all these years and it being delisted.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:37

Plenty of cool stuff but I kinda feel like there's so much indie stuff on Switch now that very little of it stands out to me, the TMNT game looks great of course and Olli Olli is decent so nice to see that get another game but the biggest one for me is Oxenfree II, it's still relatively fresh in my memory after playing it this year so I'm well up for more of it, even if I've no idea where they go with this one.

Buskalilly wrote:

My only disappointment was the lack of news on Silksong.

I think Silksong is a main direct level announcement by now, if it's gonna be ready soon it'll be shown on the E3 direct.

Balladeer wrote:

I've never played Fez, but apparently (there's some debate) Phil Fish was a bit of a bad egg.  Might steer clear.

He apparently doesn't own the rights anymore so I think it's fine to buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 22:26

Oh okay, nice! Back on the wishlist it goes. I think. If I have room (I try to keep it slim).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 6:10

Thought that afterwards as well he might be dick but not everyone is/was and might not be involved. Sort goes back I was saying Ubisoft, we all know Yves dick but that's every studios fault.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 8:31

Fez was the first game I downloaded on my 360, and I stopped playing it because that Fish guy was a fanny. I couldn't get over it. Good to know that he's out on his arse here.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 11:12

Muss wrote:
Haven't ever played an Olli Olli game but I only hear good things. I might actually get it if it's on sale or something since it'll be on the Switch. Seems like the perfect game to dabble in from time to time and it's got a simple, efficient, and clean look to it as well.

I only got around to playing one of them last year myself, it was great in short bursts mainly because of the score attack nature so it's interesting to see this new one is being pushed more as a platformer/adventure game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 22:48

I suppose the question is, rights or no, would ol' Fishy still be getting royalties from it? It seems like he might be affiliated with a completely different studio now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Apr 2021 - 16:25

Guys, just play Fez, it's a really great game, made by a nobhead and other people. Inevitably boycotting it will hurt the other people and not the nobhead. Don't worry about 100%-ing it though - there's at least one puzzle that was fun to program but not play.

Ooh - er - other thoughts:

• I've already played There is no game on the PC - where it might've been free? - but it was a really good laugh.
  • My leftyness wanted to automatically be happy for Never Yield but it does look boring...
  • Likewise I'm automatically drawn to Last Stop even though it's a bit Visual Novel-y. The tone of it seemed to be a bit more matter-of-fact and relateable - don't know whether it was the British accents, probably more the snippets of dialogue that sounded like real conversations - whereas its sister game Hindisght went for sad woman sounds sad about sad things
  • The Longing probably could've done with someone explaining the game first rather than the creator basically saying "I'm a fucking nutcase"
  • I also like GetTheFoomyDone and Aztech for the same reasons as everyone else
  • And Skul as well, it's currently on my Steam wishlist. I know there are a million games like this... good Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 20:51

Nice little Indie world show today eh? The highlights for me were Switch announcements for Loop Hero, Metal Slug tactics & a stealth release of Axiom Verge 2. The only downside is I thought we might get a sneaky release date for Windjammers 2 which bizarrely has a beta now running on PC & Playstation but not Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 20:56

Posted about it in the wrong place like an idiot. Duh! I could recognise that there was a lot of varied and interesting stuff, none of which really landed with me. Eastworld looks quality, and Necrobarista might get a look if it reviews well, but that's about it. I want to like Axiom Verge 2, but I bounced off the first game on the Wii U because of the general mood and the art style - I think it looks awful. The second game looks a bit better, but not enough to force a buy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 23:20

Necrobarista has an 81 on Open, can't see why it would be worse, and I do want to play it, just till now been stuck on PC.

What else I'm keen for:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, because Jet Set Radio vibes.

FAR: Changing Tides, first was great

Boyfriend Dungeon, is on Xbox Game Pass that might as well give it a go.

Islanders, looks like it could be some relaxing fun.

Metal Slug Tactics, would like but as we've talked elsewhere about Activision and Ubisoft this would be a questionable game to get especially would be a download only, where the others can buy used versions.

Tetris Effect, not really for me as I've played on PS4 with VR (the best way to play) and Xbox but I'm super excited Nintendo only players can play the best Tetris on the go.

Eastward, the timing not great as lot coming September, however will have an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next