Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 8:36

Gary Oldman in that role of a lifetime:

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 M8d986
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2022 - 14:19

2pm tomorrow 25 mins long
Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 FWQs-ypWQAUjwxu?format=jpg&name=large

Now Jeff "Insider" Grubb said ages ago that Nintendo would do a lot of directs instead of one big one and own the summer, which might be right (he'll claim it to be right) with Xeno 3 last week, now this partner one, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a 3platoon one or Pokémon one at some point.

What I think will be shown be:

Tactics Ogre: Reborn and few things like that from Square maybe DQXO for the west
Persona, has to be here right after the PS and Xbox announcements
COD4 remaster

Then I'm not sure maybe Silksong but are they now partnered with Xbox
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2022 - 9:52

Zero expectations, but that's probably the best way to be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 10:05

It was okay for a mini direct, some nice announcements for a game I'm already getting & a new game from Simogo who always do something interesting/different.

Oh and because it wasn't "live" I could skip through the stuff I thought looked pish. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 10:27

I wasn't far our just a fee different Square Enix games, how are Square putting out so many games?

Anyway on the direct out of the 30ish games shown, these what I've got some interested in

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, it's basically out though and seen numerous times already.

Nier Automata, I don't know why especially as I've owned (PS4) & own (Xbox) but super keen on this especially if a physical version on Switch, as Replicant last year was great and know Automata now might be one of the best games on Switch.

Laser Eyes, need to see more though just Annapurna is a publisher I keep a eye on.

Blanc, odd one for Gearbox to publish though.

Monkey Island, never really played the series but do like the style.

Little Noah, out now and does look neat but roguelite

RPG Time, seems a bit different for the RPG genre.

SONIC, this was the first time Frontiers looked at least good with actual levels.

Disney Animal Crossing, can't remember the actual name and the whole f2p is a bit off putting.

Live A Live, demo out but I'll get anyway, still be nice to see how a Balla etc get on with it.

Dragon Quest Treasures, guess this might be the big December game as I reckon Nintendo will publish it. Not sure what this spinoff about though.

Captain Velvet might be good from the sizzle real of stuff.

Harvestella, looks like a really polished farming sim from Square and a good get for what seems a console exclusive.

PERSONA, well finally coming to Switch that the port begging can stop and makes the Xbox one more thing look pretty daft seeing two weeks later they're coming to everything (Game Pass though is the difference), I will likely pick up P4G (poor VITA another one gone) and P3P on something just unsure what system though, I'd even be tempted to get P5R if physical on Switch.

Yeah overall that's a few things, yet none (guess Monster Hunter as already shipped) I've rushed out and preordered or will do, it's more ohh that's out this week it looked good in that direct.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 11:50

Monhan and Persona are very intriguing indeed. I like the look of Blanc, assuming I have a co-op partner.
Sonic still needs to do more to convince me.
I hope Nier ends up being one of those surprise "Oh, the Switch version is actually legit!" releases like Doom or Alien Isolation, though I own a PS4 and would probably play on the TV anyway . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:35

I thought this was damn good for a 'Partner Mini Direct', and quite poor for Nintendo's only real source of new reveals over the E3-ish period.  Persona 4/5, NieR, Blanc, Monkey Island, and the hella Suda-looking Lorelei all caught my attention, with Harvestella being a maybe.  That's a stonking success rate for something Nintendo did their best to downplay: but again, it's their only showing for a traditionally reveal-heavy period, and it was always going to be bobbins for that.

Also: with it announced now on PlayStation, that all but puts the nail in the coffin of Tunic ever coming to Switch.  Real shame.  I'll probably play it next generation when it inevitably comes there, à la Ni No Kuni and a hundred different indie titles.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 20:58

Well, the internet's ruined Return to Monkey Island by giving Ron Gilbert grief over the art style. I can understand it's divisive, but I loved it and its re-imaginings of the original games. Yeah, ready for that now.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:51

Sigh. I like the art style! I think it's better than the pretty-up from the HD revamps of the original games. Even if I didn't, though, I wouldn't be an asshat to Ron Gilbert about it, because I'm not awful. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:55

On topic about awful as apparently one the head women at Sony Santa Monica is getting sent dick pics for her to announce the date for God of War Ragnorak.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 15:28

Tomorrow at 3pm proper Nintendo Direct 40mins long.

Will be live streamed via Nintendo USA etc but UK will be a VoD at 4pm if you prefer to wait and have dates the right way around.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 12 Sep 2022 - 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 21:37

This is performative corporate embarrassment at its most extreme.  There's another version of the stream on that anyone can watch.  This is daft.  This is not respectful. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 6:07

I saw a good point in the twitter replies to Scullion though; tabloids are phoning around the big companies asking what they're doing to show respect. Everyone needs to have some kind of performative answer they can give to avoid showing up on the front of the Daily Mail.

Regardless of the fact I don't think anyone should be showing respect to a horrible old relic who has been queen longer than any nation in Africa has had independence, and who tried to appropriate funds for disadvantaged households to heat her palaces.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 18:31

The direct has happened boys and a lot for me to like as I like RPGs and after watching the show I'm keen on

Various Daylife. Out today & was on Apple Arcade, can't find huge amount of info even though been out 3 years, it seems. From Octopath and Bravely team, why it does pique my interest a tad.

Bayonetta 3 October 2022. I watched the 7min video after as well, looks like a top-notch platinum game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass Wave 2 October. I'll go back to this as I did like the character stories and more of that is grand.

Front Mission November 2022. I've not played the series before that I'm willing to give one of three games ago. Only thing sounds like FM2 has improvements as it's a newer game and then does FM3 have even more that do I wait for FM3 if stories self-contained for instance.

Harvestella November 2022. I set up a thread as after the Treehouse my excitement went up and now a demo out, but I'll wait for the main game.

Crisis Core Reunion December 2022. Today is the game's 15th birthday, should have saw a date coming and one that please Jas as he'll get some Fantasy Points for this.

Fire Emblem Engage Jan 2023.  So I'll be playing this around my birthday and feel the rumours bang on with this as that is a GUST art style.

Atelier Ryza 3 Feb 2023. I shouldn't be keen on this as I've not played number 2, yet I did like the look off it that I may have to bump Ryza 2 as something I play soon or maybe around the time of 3 tad like some of you doing with Xenoblade.

Kirbys' Return to Dreamland Deluxe Feb 2023, I missed this on Wii, so this is brand new to me and I like 2D Kirby.

THEATRHYTHM: Final Bar Line! Feb 2023. Great on 3DS and seems to be a lot of songs, DLC packs are nifty idea just how many will there be then how costly outside the £95 version.

Octopath Traveler 2 Feb 2023. I played a bit of the first one but dropped off after I made a booboo by using a certain ability, yet since have played Triangle & LAL which I liked that more 2D-HD is fine with me.  

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom May 2023. Well there it is, a name and a date now to wait till May.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Early 2023. On everything, just will we get a physical in the west this time as Maiden didn't get one (have looked at importing it) and why I've not played it

Tales of Symphonia Remastered Early 2023. Now we did get an HD remaster on PS3, that I'd like to see how remastered this really is, yet if not the best remaster this is a classic GameCube RPG and maybe the best Tales game.

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE Spring 2023. From the team behind Danganronpa and looks like a bizarre murder mystery thing.

Story of Seasons - A Wonderful Life Summer 2023. Seems it is a remake of Harvest Moon on GameCube which was a fantastic game.

Pikmin 4 TBD 2023. Pikmin is always a fun time.

That's 17 games that I've got some interest in, mix in updates to Mario Kart or Strikers and more games for NSO including Goldeneye 007 which will also be on Xbox (free in RARE Replay as well, not just Game Pass) however multiplayer only on Switch, then a few other odd things like Japan had Easy Come Easy Golf from Claphandz which is out now on all the eShops meaning I think it was great show overall.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 19:39

Various Daylife has got to take the crown for Squeenix's stupidly named games. It was an alright direct that people like yourself Mas who will really love thanks to all the RPGs. I know I'll never play all the ones shown but I can appreciate there's some decent ones there I might get around to, Crisis Core is the one definite (out on my Birthday too) but I could get on board with Harvestella, that looks interesting.

Away from the RPGs (but not by much) another Fire Emblem can only be great news, even if I still haven't got Three Houses and Theatrhythm should be enjoyable once again. Goldeneye should be a good addition to the N64 library but I can't help but feel a little disappointed by that section, probably the long gap between releases and the amount of similar stuff makes its look incredibly sparse still, don't know what I was expecting though, I just want Snowboard Kids to be honest.

The Kirby re-release is just funny because it's not Prime Trilogy or WW/TP like all the super special insiders said there would be. Pikmin 4 looks gorgeous and Tears of the Kingdom is of course pure hype.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 19:41

On the flip side of mas' post there I didn't do a big whoop whoop until I saw the N64 games but with that said I do have Radiant silvergun right now and stuff like Bayo 3, pikmin 4 & Zelda: TotK to look forward to. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 10:32

Bayonetta, Pokemon and bloody Goldeneye are plenty to be going on with this year. Knowing Pikmin and Zelda are coming is more than enough for the future.

I will remain a happy Nintendo boy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 10:49

Yeah I'm surprised about negative reaction to this direct especially when you lay it out of Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pikmin, Kirby not sure what else you can do as it's just these so called insiders saying ports of Zelda, Metroid which are good games but I'd sooner have new stuff shown then a bunch of more ports.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:29

To come away from that with news of Zelda’s release date, details about the upcoming N64 games for Switch Online, the announcement of Pikmin 4, hints towards Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s third wave of Booster Pass DLC and a port of Kirby’s Adventure Wii is very good going. That’s especially seeing as the first half of that presentation was as bad as it gets. I hope the person who decided how that presentation would be broadcast gets shot out of a cannon, or is at least told to stick all those farming JRPGs right up their arse.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:57

It was badly paced for sure. I know we complain about them, but a 3rd-party and Indie direct the day before would have allowed for 20 minutes of banger after banger - there was a pretty good showing there.

Mad that people are disappointed not to have a bunch of Wii and Gamecube ports, but folks be like that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:38

I've got to say, I got a lot out of that Direct.  I'm an RPG fan, natch, but I'm also an RPG fan who doesn't have another console.  This means that not only was I interested in three out of the four main games (TotK, Fire Emblem, Octopath II - Pikmin 4 will need more than three screenshots before I feel anything about it), I also got a couple of games in It Takes Two, Tunic, and Tales of Symphonia that I was hoping against hope might come to Switch.  So what if they'll probably be gimped versions?  I don't care!  I've got nothing to compare them to!  Master Detective Archives looked quality too, the Danganronpa team going back to what they do best with no bobbins platforming sections.

So when people (i.e. GRcade) were saying 'aw this is the worst Nintendo Direct in ages', that was a little bit of an '...oh' moment.  I could see some flaws in it: no Direct needs that many farming games, and Nintendo need to remember that genres other than the RPG exist.  Also I don't care if it's untrustworthy 'insiders' revealing remasters of remasters barely a generation old: a remaster of a Wii Kirby is still going to go down like a glass of cold semen in comparison to what might have been.  Still, it didn't feel that bad.

I'm now a lot colder on the Direct than I was, not for those reasons, but for one simple recollection.  We didn't get an E3 Direct.  This basically was Nintendo's E3.  In Nintendo's E3, Nintendo only had three big 'new' games - one was another RPG, one was three screenshots, and one we knew about already.  Thought about in that light, it was pretty darn disappointing.  A shame, when I came out of the initial showing riding quite high.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 0:25

I mean, there's a pretty big reason basically nobody had an E3 this year (or the past couple, to be honest)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 8:31

I've said elsewhere before don't think they will anyway going forward as shows we got not fantastic but most did something without the ESA, so why would you pay them, part from the booth in person, then publisher's did that as well this year to some degree.

Only benefit to E3 is it puts everything in the one week, or if it becomes treated like GamesCom, TGS and is more public event.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 9:47

It's pathetic, but nonetheless everyone loved the whole Festival of Games aspect of E3. Everything in one week, "who won?" discussions, knowing there would be big announcements, laughing at the shows that bottled it . . . there are reasons people want it back. But I don't know if those reasons justify it to the companies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:01

I get it but if you look at the list I did most did take part that week, so as I'm sat at home in the UK the Xbox show was exactly the same as it's been (And they didn't go to E3 show floor anyway they did it all from the Nokia Theatre) and Capcom for instance was better. I guess if it was on properly and Sony took part again likes of ReBirth would have been at PlayStation making that a grand show and Nintendo might have done Treehouse playing FE Encore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next