Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?

Go down 
+11
neil
EofGizmo
Rum
The_Jaster
Muss
Treesmurf
Kriken
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 19:06

I can't see another thread like this, let me know if I've missed anything.

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fakm4jshmm5431

It's a pretty simple question, but it's one that's been playing in my mind a bit recently, especially in a quieter year and with the recent Capcom 'leaks'.  What games do you want to see on Switch that haven't been announced for it yet?  (So no Metroid Prime 4 - however far off it is, it is definitely still coming.)  New entries in old franchises, ports and remasters and remakes, or just something you think would be an excellent game that we don't have yet.  I'll be keeping it reasonable rather than idealistic, but you don't have to.  Speculation threads like this often die on their arses, but hopefully we (probably I) can keep resurrecting it as our hopes turn to truth/dust.

To start the ball rolling, we've seen a bunch of ports and remasters lately and to be honest I'm getting a bit tired of them - but here are some existing games I'd actually like to see appearing on the Switch.
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Fun Pack, containing 1&2 translated into English (but honestly Capcom anything that's not just the original trilogy again would be good);
  • The Great Ace Attorney translated into English (see above disclaimer);
  • The Earthbound Trilogy, containing Mother 3 translated into - are you noticing a theme yet?
  • Okamiden - would need to be made HD but would be great on Switch, with the myriad loading screens stripped out (but honestly Capcom if you're going to port/remake stuff prioritise Ace Attorney games that aren't the original trilogy again);
  • Ghost Trick, which would work perfectly on Switch (but honestly Capcom etc. etc.);
  • Ever Oasis deserves a chance if it's not going to get a sequel, and it could do with a bit of a polish-up.  The only last-gen. game I want to see;
  • The glorious return of the best social network there has ever been: Miiverse.

What about y'all?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 19:13

A lot of what I've wanted from the Switch is more 3DS than Wii U as in Bravely Default II and lot of that sort of thing is coming in 2021 including likes of a new Monster Hunter.

That I'm hard pressed to think of anything beyond Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts in a simlair way to Birth by Sleep or Tactics.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 8:28

Nothing really. They'd have to rush out before March 26th anyway, after that I'm occupied.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 8:56

Nintendo are the masters of giving people what they never knew they wanted (or, conversely, giving people what they couldn't possibly have wanted). Who knows what they're up to. 

I'm getting a little tired of all these ports as well. I think we're well overdue for new Donkey Kong and Pikmin games especially, and I'd like to see Nintendo make new entries into their Mario Golf and Mario Strikers series. If there's one game I'd like to see most, it's Mario Kart 9. Whether that's for Switch, for next-gen or a joint Switch/next-gen release (like Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild was on their systems), I'll basically take it whatever way I can get it.

Third-party, Sonic Mania 2 is what I hope for most.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 9:35

Mario Kart 9 is such a weird one as I'm keen for one on Switch but the success of MK8D means that you're likely right it's not coming till next gen Nintendo whenever that is (2023? If Switch halfway based on investors meetings).

That it just feels wrong going a whole Nintendo systen without a new Kart maybe why we got home tour.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 22:46

I've heard Home Tour is actually really good fun, so I think it is a worthy Mario kart, but for grown-ups like us we'll probably never get more than one or two chances in our lives.

Having played a bit of Starlink, I'm well up for a real new Starfox. No gimmicks, no nothing, just good levels and sick visuals.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 23:14

Persona 5 Royal, assuming that I don't cave in and just get it on PS4. I already have the original on PS3 and PS4... Having a portable version with the expanded features would be nice.

Persona 3 remastered. I would have said Persona 4/Golden as well, but that already came to Steam and I got that. However my worry with this one, which I think is inevitably coming to Steam and very possibly Switch at some point, is that they'll mess up the remaster/port. There are two main versions of this game - FES on PS2 which has the 3D environments and cutscenes, and the PSP version which has the nice quality of life improvements and a cool alternate girl route.

I can't stress how good the quality of life in the PSP version is, even if some aspects of it make the game too easy, but it'd be lame if the other stuff was missing. Hopefully Atlus read the pulse on this one. The Persona 4 Golden steam port was good - from what I've heard the Nocturne Switch port has been less than ideal, however.

Classic Fire Emblems 2-6 translated into English. We're getting FE1 translated and that's great but it's far from being the best one. I'd like a way to officially own the rest too.

The Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS Castlevania games. I've been replaying a few of them on emulator recently, and even on a big display they hold up well like especially nice-looking indie games. Ditto for the Sonic Advance games. It's such a shame that in legacy compilations, quality handheld games seemed to be ignored even though emulation for GB/GBA has long been perfected. And there are a lot of quality DS games that are worth port jobs.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - I really enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy 1. If they made a sequel to the game and say streamlined it a bit and polished the gameplay, and added Yoshi, I'd love that. Even if it was similar to the first Galaxy game. A Galaxy 1.5, if you will.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:51

The Persona games on Switch would be great as the series has worked well on PSP and VITA but I've never been that bothered as Nintendo systems for some years got SMT games where PlayStation didn't.

As someone that owned both systems always looked at it oh well one system gets one series and the other system gets the other but if you only own one then no Persona 5 or SMTV could be annoying.

Thought of something else that come to mind from the TOH Discord as I'm looking at maybe getting Sakuna and Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories on Switch over PS4 and maybe asking for Paper Mario or 3D Allstars for Xmas. Then looking at next year Switch has some bangers that I as a Lite owner very much would like a Pro or something like this but for Rise

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? S-l640
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 21:13

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm getting a little tired of all these ports as well. I think we're well overdue for new Donkey Kong and Pikmin games especially, and I'd like to see Nintendo make new entries into their Mario Golf and Mario Strikers series. If there's one game I'd like to see most, it's Mario Kart 9. Whether that's for Switch, for next-gen or a joint Switch/next-gen release (like Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild was on their systems), I'll basically take it whatever way I can get it.

Buskalilly wrote:
Having played a bit of Starlink, I'm well up for a real new Starfox. No gimmicks, no nothing, just good levels and sick visuals.

All of this. Mario Kart is particularly galling, not for Live Tour but for Tour. There are resources being spent on a new Mario Kart, but it's a mobile gacha hell. I'd like to see Persona 5 too, if only to feel deep within my my soul like Joker belongs in Smash.

There are a couple of smaller franchises I'd really like to see as well, but I'll mention Wario Ware for now. A properly all-new Wario Ware with all-new minigames. It'd make great use of the HD rumble, which I'd honestly forgotten about for ages until Jim Sterling mentioned it re. the Dualsense.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 7:05

Balladeer wrote:

All of this.  Mario Kart is particularly galling, not for Live Tour but for Tour.  There are resources being spent on a new Mario Kart, but it's a mobile gacha hell.  I'd like to see Persona 5 too, if only to feel deep within my my soul like Joker belongs in Smash.

Mario Kart Tour was made by Nintendo EPD, a department set up in 2015 which works exclusively on spin-off projects, mobile games, ports and remasters. It doesn't take any staff or material from the development of a Switch Mario Kart sequel, it brings in a lot of cash for Nintendo and it provides some form of a Mario Kart experience to the millions of people who have a smartphone, which is a pretty essential part of modern life, but for whatever reason can't or won't buy a dedicated gaming machine.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 13:26

I'd have to add Wario Ware to my list too, they're such fun and creative games, the Switch would be perfect for a new one and more importantly we still need a proper multiplayer sequel to the GameCube game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:50

I never played the GameCube version so I'd be really up for a new multiplayer Wario Ware! Add Rhythm Heaven/Paradise as well to that niche list of 'franchises that got late games on 3DS that were mishmashes of older games that could do with new entries on Switch'.

Buskalilly wrote:
Mario Kart Tour was made by Nintendo EPD, a department set up in 2015 which works exclusively on spin-off projects, mobile games, ports and remasters. It doesn't take any staff or material from the development of a Switch Mario Kart sequel, it brings in a lot of cash for Nintendo and it provides some form of a Mario Kart experience to the millions of people who have a smartphone, which is a pretty essential part of modern life, but for whatever reason can't or won't buy a dedicated gaming machine.

In which case, colour me surprised and wrong, although I'm never going to like the way they gacha-ed the game. (I can understand it, after the failure of SMR - I just don't like it.) In which case, it does raise the question of why we haven't had either MK9 or more material for MK8D. Either would be great!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 28 Nov 2020 - 9:28

Yeah, I'm so pissed off that the world rejected Super Mario Run. I like just buying a game and having it, and I hate all this free-to-play stuff. It's why, Pokémon Go and Duolingo aside, I just don't do mobile gaming. Even with supposedly "good" stuff, it always feels like some bullshit is right around the corner . . .
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySat 28 Nov 2020 - 22:53

The world didn't deserve Super Mario Run, it's legit an enjoyable game well worth the small price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptySun 29 Nov 2020 - 11:18

This world never deserved Mario. Human beings should have been given Crash Bandicoot and a cup of dog's piss and been grateful.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 9:45

That's reminded me - I hope Activision give us high-quality Switch ports of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. I personally think that a lot of the Switch's announced 2021 line-up looks like a big forthy steaming cup of dog's piss, but I'd look forward to those two a lot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 10:42

And 2021 looks the best year for Switch for me
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 20:13

I can see it looking absolute turd for Cappa right now. Laughing Were you a No More Heroes fan, Cap? (Before Travis Strikes Again anyway.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 22:31

I really liked the first one, never got round to the sequel, and thought Travis Strikes Again was a total chore, it just sapped all the fun out of No More Heroes for me. I'm approaching No More Heroes III with caution.

Another game I'm hoping for - and something we'll surely see - is a Legend of Zelda 35th Anniversary collection. How that'll look, I don't know. My recent experiences with the 3D Zeldas - Breath of the Wild in 2017 and Wind Waker HD earlier this year in particular - were really positive. On the other hand, the remake of the 2D top-down Link's Awakening bored the arse off me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 23:03

Yup, I remember your views on TSA!  Sad stuff.  As for Zeldas, I imagine we'll get some sort of compilation.  A Super Zelda 3D All-Stars wouldn't be for me (especially not if they time-limit it and omit the best one), but I wouldn't say no to remakes of the Oracles or Minish Cap in the style of that game that bored the arse off you. (Minish Cap was much better in my opinion.)

One big possibility that hasn't come up yet is an all-new 2D Mario (proper 2D not 3D 2D like SM3DL/W), and it's one I find myself missing.  I'm not sure why.  I haven't loved a 2D Mario since Super Mario Land was my first console game ever, but I'd hope that a proper new game would be freed from the shackles of the 'New' moniker and could be something great.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 2:55

I'd like to see an HD Collection with the two from Wii U and Skyward Sword thrown in as well, launched simultaneously with N64 on the Switch Online App so we can get those two. If they wanted to actually give those some sexy remakes, that would be great of course, but I don't want to get too excited. . .

I'd also like to see something new, not New, done with 2D mario. That said, I'm half way through replaying all the Mario games and I would be happy to take a break for a while when I'm done . . .
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 10:50

The title image of Balla's post sums up all I really want, but a no-nonsense Star Fox game would go down a treat too.

I don't really want a new Mario Kart, I just want them to release four more cups. Just keep giving me more of the good stuff Nintendo!

I think I'm really going to go for Monster Hunter Rise when it drops, and with such a timesink on the horizon in conjunction with having a new computer, I'm in the enviable position of just generally being happy with adding the odd full price game here and there alongside eshop bargains when it comes to the Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 13:55

For Zelda, I hope it's a good year and we may see BotW 2.

Why I say may see BotW 2 as I think we will get Zelda Collection which has OoT (SM64), WW (SMS) and TP (SMG) on it, and we will get Skyward Sword HD as the 3D World comparison.

That with those and due to how loved BotW is, gives Nintendo even more time to get BotW2 right if it doesn't need to come out till March 2022 on the 5th anniversary of the Switch and first game instead of a November, for instance.

Then mix in Pokémon anniversary which likely means some sort of new game umm Let's Go 2 along with Pokémon Snap etc be a decent year.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 16:41

What I really want, what I really really want, zigga zigga zig aaaah . . .

Is a new Excite Truck.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 18:56

I would love to see another Let's Go game. I really enjoyed the Eevee edition, and just how well the game captured the spirit of the original games, the anime, whilst also adding a good deal of modernisation. But actually, my ideal new Pokémon game pushes the boat out quite a bit...

Ok maybe I should save this for some sort of, Pitchtendo thread, where you have to pitch a new nintendo game, but I would fucking love some sort of Stone Age Pokémon game.

No, no not like that, with rock Pokémon only, but some sort of game that takes the spirit of Digimon World but with a good old lick of Pokémon polish.

You see, Digimon World saw you trying to build up a Digimon city, helping corrupt Digimon, training your companion, all while making the world a better place. In the game form, we are perpetually told, not shown, that Pokémon are an all important part of life. But whereas Detective Pikachu shows a kickass sense of Poké-bloke comradery and symbiosis, there's just nothing like that in the games. All we do with is make them fight and pet Pokémon every now and then.

So the premise of this game would be somewhat like your Dragon Quest Builders or your Dark Cloud's, only this time it's a game that explores the time where man and Pokémon came together to forge settlements. It wouldn't have to be super involved or anything, and I have no idea what (if any) combat systems should be in place, nor do I know where the story would go, but I would personally really enjoy something that lets me be more than yet another chosen-one trainer.

Maybe this is a bit too wacky for most people, but I'd love to see more risks taken with Pokémon games.

Buskalilly wrote:
What I really want, what I really really want, zigga zigga zig aaaah . . .

Is a new Excite Truck.

Only if this enables me to challenge you at officially sanctioned, World Excite Truck Championship level events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next