We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 13:42

The artist annoyed me too, but I meant more in the vein of being awful like pervert chef. You'll see what I mean in time.

Spoiler chat:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 20:30

Oh, do you mean pervert lesbian aikido girl?  Because she's pretty bad.  There's also cosplay wench who hasn't done a damn thing of interest apart from turn pink, and cleavage scientist - who of course we've had some lovely fanservice of.  Oh, and the sodding Monokubs.  Fair to say that the attempt to make the Monokuma lightning strike again has failed, badly.

Second case down:

EDIT: Yeeeeeeeah you definitely mean Miu. Just... too much. Much too much.

Third case down:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 17:13

Played the prologue of the second Voice of Cards game Forsaken Maiden, which I went for as reviewed slightly better & a tad longer, I hear the first does go all Yoko Taro where this one doesn't though.

Liked the prologue, the whole single player RPG with a sort of DM/GM is such a great idea.

Seen NLife put up a Top 21 games from Year 5 of the Switch, and a few caught my eye, anyone played these:

Eastward, Smurf just mentioned elsewhere and does look like it be up my street
Fata Morgana, I know Balla and do want to play just cost of it for a VN that's not physical  
Disco Elysium, Hi Muss but how is it on Switch though?
NEO TWEWY, ohh hi again Balla just did anyone else play it?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 19:38

Masofdas wrote:

It runs like shite apparently so I'd probably get it on any of the other formats you own.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 20:00

Ahh see physical is out this week and did watch a DF like video after posting where they compared to PC (5 months ago so might have had updates) of all things which it did seem drop frames to 22ish.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 22:28

It got patched in February and apparently the load times are waaay better than they were, and it's had other fixes (solving problems with crashes etc) - so I think it's ok! I preordered the physical Switch version a while ago so I hope it's playable.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 0:20

Aye, I don't think fps would matter too much in detective story game but if crashing/long load times are a thing that's a different story. If not then wire in. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 8:30

Yeah I went through there twitter and they showed the load time improvements etc

You would think frames wouldn't matter but how the characters moved etc became off.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 16:41

Masofdas wrote:
Disco Elysium, Hi Muss

yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 HighEmbarrassedCoypu-size_restricted

I hope the Switch version runs well but I'd echo what Jas says. I'm not sure how well the game translates to being played in handheld over being played on the TV. It's probably fine but I would imagine a bigger screen is better as the top down view could make finding small objects a bit annoying? If you're going to play it on the TV anyway, then you might as well just get it on your Xbox or PS, but if you think you might want to play it portably then obviously get the Switch edition.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 17:07

I've got it coming on the one true system the Nintendo Switch Physical for £28.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 17:51

Muss wrote:
It's probably fine but I would imagine a bigger screen is better as the top down view could make finding small objects a bit annoying?

I think I've always found TV play makes that kind of small detailed gameplay more difficult? Although that might be because my telly isn't very big.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 19:21

masofdas wrote:
Seen NLife put up a Top 21 games from Year 5 of the Switch, and a few caught my eye, anyone played these:

Eastward, Smurf just mentioned elsewhere and does look like it be up my street
Fata Morgana, I know Balla and do want to play just cost of it for a VN that's not physical  
NEO TWEWY, ohh hi again Balla just did anyone else play it?

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person here who's played all of these. Laughing I'm absolutely sure I'm the only person here who's played all of them on Switch.

Eastward - With the obvious caveats that apply any time I try to recommend a game to you, this feels like a Mas Game. Very odd in places, but I think you'll embrace the oddness more than many others here. My full piece is on the front page of LGYF5, but in brief: very flawed, very weird, recommended just for the experience. (Also: lovely HD Rumble on the train tracks.)
Fata Morgana - Should be very much on your wishlist. (looks sideways at Blue Reflection 2, a £50 digital game)
Disco Elysium - Sorry Muss when I inevitably don't get on with this. It joins the Hades/Inside/Fata Morgana list of games that I've bought thoroughly suspecting I won't like them, just because they're so acclaimed that I feel I should at least give them a go. I've only just started it. It has made me laugh once. The other issue it has with me is that I'm a predominantly handheld gamer and, as has been said, I'm not sure it's at its best on the small screen.
NEO TWEWY - BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT Jay and Orange both bought it and liked it a lot I believe. Got 12 points from three voters in our Games of 2021 thing. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 21:25

Blue Reflection 2 cost me £35 physical, would pay that for a physical Fata.

All sounds good though, and be interested to see how Rum & maybe you Balla get on Disco Elysium as well, if three of us playing around about now.

Just finished the 1st chapter in VoC Maiden, which puts me about 5hrs in. It does a few Yoko Taro things already and feel it be worth putting on a wishlist at least.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:40

I should probably put the original VoC on my wishlist, yes. It's another RPG after all. Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:49

Maiden did review better of the two but think it's a case play one or other.

My Disco Elysium has arrived, Dark Souls should soon as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 22:09

Well the first one was on sale, slightly, so I bought it immediately.  yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 1f605 Thoughts Friday, maybe.

EDIT: Oh whoops Paradise Killer was on sale too. Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 23:31

Just seen the Square Enix sale, which NEO TWEWY is £25, so a decent bit cheaper than physical (preferred) but with my credit got for £12.83.

I'm not going to get Dungeon Encounters myself as just got Disco Elysium, Dark Souls and now NEO TWEWY but Dungeon Encounters come out like a week after the first of VoC. Meaning know one was talking about it as the Yoko Taro game always going to get more love, yet I think Dungeon Encounters reviewed rather well and might have been like EDGE GOTY.

Paradise Killer just come to Game Pass, so will take a look at somepoint.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2022 - 7:32

I'm getting tempted to go back to Paradise Killer, but I did find it quite irritating to play on my first attempt. I felt that it was an overly convulted set of characters to start with, but the biggest problem was then having to lug your way around an island and do some dodgy first person platforming to find anything useful, really killing the pacing. Keen to see your take if you try it Mas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 20:00

I've been back on Boomerang X since the gyro bug is finally fixed & the movement in that game is really fun. Still wrapping my head around the Gyro + flick stick controls as you basically have to rewire your brain that right stick doesn't fully control the camera, so I catch myself sometimes making exaggerated movements with the controller as if I've never played a game before.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:09

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm getting tempted to go back to Paradise Killer... some dodgy first person platforming to find anything useful, really killing the pacing.

oh no

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO Afraid

And then Jas posts about what looks like a first-person platforming game. Laughing Anyway, given Andy's views on A Hat in Time there's a chance he's flat-out wrong. I hope so, I hate duff first-person platforming.

I haven't actually got onto Paradise Killer yet, I'm blitzing through Voice of Cards 1 instead. It's... hm. I'm finding it okay, but I'm not sure I could recommend it. Under that flashy veneer it's very traditional. The flashy veneer counts for a lot though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 18:31

EofGiz did tell me that VoC 1 goes all Yoko Taro with the whole true ending stuff, that it might be better than okay.

I'm still playing VoC 2 which is fine, like I could see me recommending it but only to a few people.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:29

The_Jaster wrote:
I've been back on Boomerang X since the gyro bug is finally fixed & the movement in that game is really fun. Still wrapping my head around the Gyro + flick stick controls as you basically have to rewire your brain that right stick doesn't fully control the camera, so I catch myself sometimes making exaggerated movements with the controller as if I've never played a game before.

I’ve added Boomerang X onto my eShop wishlist because of that post. Looking into it a bit further, it sounds like a pretty smart game Thumbs Up!

~

Switch-wise I’m just killing time until Kirby & The Forgotten Land comes out at the end of the week. I’ve finished some Nintendo Switch Online retro games, and I might squeeze something else in between. I know it shouldn’t, but that copy of Contra Rogue Corps that’s been sitting sealed on my shelf for the last two years might be calling my name…
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 14:25

I'm currently switching between Legends Arceus and Age of Calamity at the moment. Good to see the amount of effort that's gone into the aesthetics of AoC.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 17:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I’ve added Boomerang X onto my eShop wishlist because of that post. Looking into it a bit further, it sounds like a pretty smart game  Thumbs Up!

Aye it's a really neat take on an arcade/arena FPS. The asking price might be a bit much for some given that it's meant to be pretty short but I was intrigued about it because it actually does something new with its controls & even if you don't take to those it has more standard options available along with lots of other accessibility options.

I'm playing it on hard and about half way done but I can easily see me also going through New game+ & trying the no shield/scattershot modifiers the game has.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 17:50

Despite the greatest will in the world to try and hack through my backlog a little bit, I had a bad brain day the other day and found that playing Stardew Valley was much easier and very therapeutic, so I'll probably be stuck on that for a while. I have it on PS4 but got too focused on making sure I did everything SUPER EFFICIENTLY so I double dipped on Switch and am trying to just have a nice time dicking around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   yearoftheswitch - What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next