We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 9:01

Don't know about Smurf but sure EofGiz has dabbled in KH like myself.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 9:30

I beat the first KH when they came to Xbox One and started Chain of Memories. But they sit firmly on an ever growing backlog tbh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 11:02

I've not played CoM, missed the Nintendo KH games.

That I've only played and finshed KH (PS2), KHII (PS2), KHIII (ONE), BBS (PSP, the best one), MoM (Switch), 0.2 BBS AFP and watched Back Cover (PS4).

Should checkout the DLC for KHIII, just never been cheap enough and by now should get KHIV news, right.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 20:06

I'm absolutely not tackling Kingdom Hearts anytime soon, I'd like to eventually but feels too much of a task right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 21:34

I feel ya. It's such a shame the Switch ports are cloud only, it would be a perfect series to play handheld imo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2023 - 1:41

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm absolutely not tackling Kingdom Hearts anytime soon, I'd like to eventually but feels too much of a task right now.

So far, I've played the first one and am forcing myself through Chain of Memories.
I'd say the first can be played standalone and is a fairly breezy romp, the madness only starts creeping in at the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2023 - 18:59

Disney Illusion is on the wishlist as a reasonably well-reviewed co-op game. Whether it gets a look-in before Mario Bros. Wonder comes along is another matter.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2023 - 12:16

New Pokemon Snap. Surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. I liked the N64 game a lot. This one is essentially - as you might expect - the same but with better graphics and some more mechanics, but all the same it's very charming and pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 19 Aug 2023 - 10:23

I think New Pokémon Snap is one of those classic examples of a game that adds a lot to make it better but loses a bit of simple charm. I did love it, though, and will always appreciate any game or movie that lets me feel like the Pokémon are really alive.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 26 Aug 2023 - 10:58

...I dunno... er... not Tears of the Kingdom now. I've got to find something else inferior to do of an evening...
Oh I suppose I've got to listen to that fucking podcast like I promised now
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySat 26 Aug 2023 - 13:07

Ha!  I'm kind of in the same boat, although it was Cassette Beasts I finished.  Nothing else I have has grabbed me as much as that.  Some possible suggestions:
- try playing something in a complete different genre
- give gaming a rest altogether for a while maybe?  Work on other hobbies until the TotK malaise has died down.
I'm doing neither of these, I've downloaded a demo. for another game in the same genre so what do I know.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptySun 27 Aug 2023 - 13:22

Jimbob wrote:

Oh I suppose I've got to listen to that fucking podcast like I promised now

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 Sad_ant_with_bindle
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2023 - 20:39

Well up for reading about Balladeer’s WrestleQuest playthrough.

If it’s any help to know, the first game I completed after I finished Tears of the Kingdom was Big Beach Sports on the Wii. Nothing makes you appreciate the quality of literally every other game ever made quite like Big Beach Sports on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 10:29

Big Bitch Spurts
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 13:12

Buskalilly wrote:
Big Bitch Spurts

We’re due a new tagline.

~

I started We Love Katamari Reroll+ last night and I took delivery of Samba de Amigo Party Central this morning. They feel like the right sort of games to round the summer off with, even though I live in a part of the country where cloudy is the only weather condition and the average August temperate is about 4oC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 19:46

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 Bosslug-Sea-of-Stars

Balla plays a JRPG time! Afraid It's Sea of Stars, a game that more than any other apart from maybe Xenoblade 2 tries to drive you away from having a good time by hiding it under a layer of dross. The first half-hour is one of the dullest segments I've 'played' in gaming, and up to an hour in the writing is still what I'd describe as 'mediocre'.

It's actually pretty good though, as 91 Metascore would suggest - it just hides it well. The battle score is a combination of Chrono Trigger and Paper Mario, the dungeons are in their tactility and simple puzzling better than most, the writing does improve to the point where I might even begrudgingly describe it as 'adequate', it's beautiful in a very SNES-apeing style, and you can unlock a hookshot! What game isn't better with a hookshot? Mario Kart you say? Stuff that, Mario Kart would be great with a hookshot and in fact that's Mario Kart 9 right there Nintendo, you're welcome.

Anyway. 'Sgood innit.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 9:45

I've got it downloaded and I'm looking forward to starting it once I've gotten through a couple of other things, soon though.

I've returned to Sam & Max after only playing chapter 1 and the more I play the more I realise I've played before, I thought I barely played it back on the Wii but at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if i finished it and just didn't remember. Anyway it's as I remember, well written nonsense that's the right amount of silly to suit my taste in humour.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 9:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Big Bitch Spurts

We’re due a new tagline.

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v3nki6kidye86fnz2gwpylxl7t6t19wfa7z3q50e&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 12 Sep 2023 - 12:57

Laughing I'm not going to deny, that's basically what happened. I'd not changed it for a while, I saw Cappa's post, the old one was out of date, I had no good ideas, you get this piece of bobbins. Improvements welcome (that don't feature the word 'bitch', even among swear words it's my least favourite because I know enough people who consider it misogynistic).

SoS continues to impress moderately. I think I've got to its '16-bit turn', i.e. the bit where it turns things on its head a little given the team's previous effort The Messenger. I absolutely did not see it coming, and while it hasn't redeemed the writing entirely it's the most interesting story beat the game's had.

Treesmurf wrote:
I've returned to Sam & Max after only playing chapter 1 and the more I play the more I realise I've played before, I thought I barely played it back on the Wii but at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if i finished it and just didn't remember. Anyway it's as I remember,  well written nonsense that's the right amount of silly to suit my taste in humour.

Is this Save the World or Beyond Time and Space? I've got a whole lot of time for StW, but playing BT&S left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth that hurt my retrospective enjoyment of the previous game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 12 Sep 2023 - 14:32

I've been playing a bit of Pikmin 4.

Well,  a bit is getting 100 percent in the first area & the first few treasures of the second, I can't quite tell why yet but I'm finding it so relaxing to play compared to the other games in the series. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyTue 12 Sep 2023 - 15:54

Isn't Pikmin 4 meant, at least in the first part of its campaign, to be a lot more chill than the other games in the series?  How you're feeling makes a lot of sense if so.

DIGRESSION ALERT: As you're the biggest Messenger fan I know Jas, sometimes I feel bad that the team behind it went on to make a JRPG.  I'm guessing that they'll switch genres again for their next game though, and become another Image & Form.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 2:19

It absolutely is more chill than the previous ones, having just replayed the first I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first but now that I've accepted it, I'm enjoying it. And I've heard hints of the wild things I can expect in the near future . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 9:43

Oh I'm sure they'll be some new enemy type that puts me into a panic at some point.

Balla wrote:
DIGRESSION ALERT: As you're the biggest Messenger fan I know Jas, sometimes I feel bad that the team behind it went on to make a JRPG.  I'm guessing that they'll switch genres again for their next game though, and become another Image & Form.

I mentioned this to Jay & Buska before over discord but I am tempted to give Sea of Stars a try, mainly because the combat takes a more Paper Mario approach from what I've seen & I did really like how they approached the story in Messenger so it'd be interesting to see what they do with a genre that is usually has a lot longer of a run time.

My backlog is fairly big at the minute though so it might be a while before get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 16:26

Balladeer wrote:
Is this Save the World or Beyond Time and Space?  I've got a whole lot of time for StW, but playing BT&S left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth that hurt my retrospective enjoyment of the previous game.

It's Save The World, I'll probably give Time and Space a go in the future but not for a while, I did play the game that cam after BT&S and enjoyed that well enough so I can imagine I'll get something out of that too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 EmptyFri 22 Sep 2023 - 21:51

Ah okay, or perhaps BT&S is just the awkward middle child. Certainly the lack of songs hit it hard IMO.

The_Jaster wrote:
I mentioned this to Jay & Buska before over discord but I am tempted to give Sea of Stars a try, mainly because the combat takes a more Paper Mario approach from what I've seen & I did really like how they approached the story in Messenger so it'd be interesting to see what they do with a genre that is usually has a lot longer of a run time.

My backlog is fairly big at the minute though so it might be a while before get around to it.

Hm well, the combat bit is correct. Maybe the post I'm about to put up will help you? Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: