Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 5 Dec 2023 - 11:35

It really doesn't. There's like 3 versions of the map and if you die you lose your shit, but that's literally it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 10:31

I didn't know you even could die. I've been bitten a couple of times but can't see a health bar or anything. Noted about the three versions of the map though, that's okay.

Finally cleared the prologue today. It looks nice but everything else is distinctly unimpressive. That and the setting give me distinct The Touryst energy, which isn't the best. Still, I'm struggling to find other games that wow me and the fishing is a decent loop, so I'll persevere for a bit. (I did finish The Touryst after all.)

It's not an indie game though Geoff.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 12:35

It isn't indie, we've talked about it before and seen a lot of talk around it. Which Greg at Kinda Funny (they had some good chat on it) put an X out saying if Naughty Dog let a team of 10 make a 2D game, would that be an indie and his poll majority was Yes, which is crazy.

Though does explain why the 120+ industry outlets voted for Dave the Diver, why it was in as Geoff said that's what industry said it was (not his choice), and guess why no BGIII in indie as look at it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2023 - 18:08

So I finished Super Mario Bros. Wonder the other night and will talk about it in the finished thread at some point.  And did think that's me sorta done now with the Switch till Peach, then I got these two today...

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 20231211

This is now what I'll be playing on Switch, also this was basically my Xmas gifts part from money and a lynx (not that lynx) set.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 9:10

I also recently finished Wonder, and as I had a day to myself on Christmas Eve, I started some games which will presumably be what I'm playing for the foreseeable.

Donkey Kong Country is clicking with me more than it has in the past. Playing as Diddy is smoother than Donkey, and after my enjoyment of Lost Levels and slight disappointment with Wonder, the difficulty hasn't been a turn-off . . . yet.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin was a birthday present and I put an hour or two in. I love the vibes, and I'm excited to play more. The combat is a little floaty and I hope the farming doesn't get too complex. The 3D sections around the hub make me wish the whole game was an Okami-alike.

And finally Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon's storybook aesthetic feels more christmassy than the explicitly-set-at-Christmas Bayonetta 2. I'm enjoying it, though its slow pace makes it difficult to play for huge sessions.

I also installed the whole Metal Gear Solid Collection Part 1 so I can play those at my leisure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 10:01

After beating Mario Wonder and a couple of quick pallette cleansers I've started on Fire Emblem Engage which I realise now is only my second ever mainline Fire Emblem game. Shocked First impressions are largely as expected, top tier gameplay and anime bullshit, it also looks a heck of a lot nicer than I thought it did, the art style really pops in handheld, imagine if I had an OLED, it'd blow my socks off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 10:04

Engage has become an even less likely prospect for me now that I know Advance Wars actually released Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 10:15

Bayonetta Origins, I can get the whole feels like Xmas game but isn't. Like now seen people say Wonka is this years Christmas movie though has nothing to do with Xmas and then on TV be stuff like the OG Charlie and Chocolate Factory, Harry Potter, Shrek etc
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 13:16

I got Mario Wonder for Christmas! Desperately trying to finish post-credits Pikmin 4 stuff before I play it - (which is like a hardcore challenge itself, because if it takes me too long I have to replay some of it)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 20:18

I managed to finish Mario RPG and (Finally) Pokemon Legends Arceus over the xmas break! Loved them both so i am showing my Turn Based bias once again. Started up Monster Hunter Rise, Enjoying it so far, havent had an MH stick since MH3U on Wii U so fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 9:55

Buskalilly wrote:
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin was a birthday present and I put an hour or two in. I love the vibes, and I'm excited to play more.

Hooray! Dance We love to see it...

Buskalilly wrote:
The combat is a little floaty and I hope the farming doesn't get too complex.

... Shifty

Okay, you might want to read a guide for the farming. I'm Sakuna's biggest fan/apologist and I absolutely mainlined a walkthrough for the farming at first. Then again, I thought the combat was enough to make it an all-timer on its own.

As for me: lots of Mario Kart with the family, and lots and lots of Smash with my sister. It's reminded me how much I bloody adore Smash in general. After the Fighter Pass churned out an interminable series of new lads (mostly) I couldn't be bothered with, roughly 140% of them being anime swordboys, I fell out of love with the game. Away from that it's absolutely excellent stuff. Nothing like it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 15:48

EofGizmo wrote:
Started up Monster Hunter Rise, Enjoying it so far, havent had an MH stick since MH3U on Wii U so fingers crossed!

Wahey! Hit up your boys Luke and Jas if you need someone to hunt with . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 10:17

Buskalilly wrote:
EofGizmo wrote:
Started up Monster Hunter Rise, Enjoying it so far, havent had an MH stick since MH3U on Wii U so fingers crossed!

Wow, I see how it is. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 16:48

I was also going to reply with that, but then I realised I totally wouldn't end up playing it Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 18:39

At least for me, things are starting to cool off on Switch. There’s nothing up ahead that I’m really looking forward to but I’m fine with that. I thought the Switch had a cracking 2023, and a break in the schedule affords me ample opportunity to address the fact that I’ve got literally dozens of unplayed Switch games physically and digitally that have been bought over these last seven years.

I’m starting off 2024 with Lil Gator Game and Hotline Miami Collection, two games I assume I’ll enjoy but simply didn’t get round to earlier in the Switch’s life.

After those it’s a toss-up between starting (and hopefully finishing) Metroid Prime Remastered, Mario & Rabbids Sparks of Hope, and Bayonetta Origins. Does anyone recommend any of those over the others?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 19:43

I genuinely can't see you getting on with BayOrigins Cappa.  There's a lot of words in there, and if I thought they were a bit cloying I can't imagine you'd love them.  Meanwhile Metroid Prime is still one of the greatest games ever.  I'll stay mum on the game from what is now the worst company (that we know of) in the industry, trusting that at least you didn't pay them full whack.

I also felt the Switch starting to wind down last year, remakes and remasters aside.  I imagine it'll do more of that this year.  Unfortunately I don't have your backlog (I've got several games on the go and lined up - I'm just not enthused about them...), so I'm jonesing for that next machine!  

In the meanwhile I'm playing Super Mario RPG, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 19:58

You've seen my Top Nintendo games list for 2023 and people can work out from my scores of all the games I've played this year elsewhere, for me, it has very much been a wind down year for the Switch and going into 2024 there's only two games I'm bothered about.

Though I do have backlog or recent games like Super Mario RPG for Xmas.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 7:23

Buskalilly wrote:
EofGizmo wrote:

Hell yeah. I have been listening to Monster Mash whilst I've been playing so it's been like you're my guiding sages already... 😅
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 9:58

JayMoyles wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
I was also going to reply with that, but then I realised I totally wouldn't end up playing it Laughing
Yeah, I couldn't imagine either of you actually firing up the game Laughing
EofGizmo wrote:
Hell yeah. I have been listening to Monster Mash whilst I've been playing so it's been like you're my guiding sages already... 😅
Yessss! That's the Monster Mash dream. Although, if it's sage wisdom from Jas you're after, might I recommend Hyrule Field Report.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 14:25

Buskalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
Yeah, I couldn't imagine either of you actually firing up the game Laughing
EofGizmo wrote:
Yessss! That's the Monster Mash dream. Although, if it's sage wisdom from Jas you're after, might I recommend Hyrule Field Report.

Some wisdom.....

If money is the root of all evil, then why do churches ask for it?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 20:34

Because Churches are evil. Next question.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 23:34

Yep.

The US Government gave the Catholic church one trillion dollars to cover all the child assault lawsuits.

In mexico, almost every major church is built over a pre-existing temple from one of the cultures the Spanish tried to genocide.

St Cuthberts Church in Wells was right outside my apartment window and played loud bells ever 15 minutes, even more so on the hour, which would awaken my guests who were sleeping in the living room.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 19:06

Correct-a-mundo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 21:57

As a Catholic I am deeply offended wait no I'm not.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 12:14

Due to things like this

"Also, a quick reminder that even if you played something on a non-Nintendo machine, if it got a (good) Switch version this year it goes in the Nintendo vote.  So, Dave the Diver, Chants of Sennaar, Ghost Trick and the like are all for the Nintendo vote. This catches people out every year, and nobody likes the old 'would you like to swap it over' discussion!"

I digress as I started Sea of Stars on PS5 via Portal, and darn it's such a beautiful game along with the music I have heard (playing handheld so watching something on the TV) is good. The turn based system is fine, and has a little bit of play input with the timing with attacks & blocks (get me ready from SMRPG). At the moment only 3hrs in, still lots to play, and maybe it will get better or worse over the 28hrs HLTB time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 22 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next