The Delta Plus variant of GNamer spreads twice as fast - that's two new users a year!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff Empty
PostSubject: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:27

Nice!

I was convinced this was Splatoon 3 but nope, our first (!) 3D kirby platformer. I love the vibe, it looks gorgeous, and although it'll be floatier and easier than say a Mario or a DK, a new Nintendo 3D Platformer is A OK in my book.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:06

I've always liked Kirby, and I'm super keen for this I'm getting weird Nier vibes from the world, but if it was colourful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 16:24

Buska wrote:
I was convinced this was Splatoon 3 but nope

I said the same on the discord voice chat.

Yeah, I quite like the look of this and given how most Kirby games have you explore set levels for collectibles the move to 3D could work well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:19

This looked like it had some money thrown behind it from a production quality - it looks ace! I am dubious as to how Kirby will control in a 3D space and if the floatiness of Kirby's general gameplay will translate to exploring a big open environment, but I'm sure the same concerns were levied at Mario back in the day.

A wee demo would go a long way for me with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:36

Woohoo! Grin

It didn't have muuuuuuuch competition if we're honest, but this was the undisputed highlight of the Direct.  A new 3D platformer from Nintendo (without a time limit)!  How good is that?  Really good, is how good it is.  Yes it's fair I think to be concerned about whether Kirby can just float through levels, but you'd imagine Nintendo will have thought about that and at the very least wouldn't let you get all the collectables that way.

Also: after I made it on Discord I've seen the thread title joke another umpteen times, and this is the only variant that works well enough to not make me want to roll my eyes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:19

@Balladeer wrote:
It didn't have muuuuuuuch competition if we're honest, but this was the undisputed highlight of the Direct.
As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm not with you on that one but I can totally see it. It was the biggest surprise, for sure.

Quote :
Also: after I made it on Discord I've seen the thread title joke another umpteen times, and this is the only variant that works well enough to not make me want to roll my eyes. Thumbs Up!
I spent a long time thinking up an acceptable way of doing this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:38

This is the game that I warned youse about on Twitter, the one that Nintendo of Japan accidently leaked and then Nintendo Life reported on pre-Direct. I don't think it would have been a giant surprise either way - there'll always be another Kirby game round the corner. As excellent as the likes of Kirby's Adventure Wii, Kirby Mass Attack and particularly the two 3DS games are, its about time that Kirby started in a major project that wasn't 2D and side-scrolling. Really looking forward to The Forgotten Land.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 16:33

It'll certainly be interesting to see what this turns out like - even with the snippets they've shown there are a lot of questions. Well, two really

1) Is this actually a big open world like what with the Zeldas and Marios and stuff? Or are each of these areas little level vignettes?

2) Should we just say humanity is doomed? Splatoon's secret message is "humanity is doomed lol". Kirby's new message also seems to be "humanity is doomed lol".
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 11:58

This looks amazing

Also it's not post-apocalypse - Kirby IS the apocalypse
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:02

Not actually a new thing - prior Kirby games have seen Earth as one of the planets he could visit, but it's always post-apocalyptic.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:11

Looks nice this. I too was convinced it was splatoon 3 at first.

@Jimbob wrote:

2) Should we just say humanity is doomed? Splatoon's secret message is "humanity is doomed lol". Kirby's new message also seems to be "humanity is doomed lol".

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:52

Splatoon and Kirby teams both just looking out of the window for their inspiration.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:10

@Buskalilly wrote:
Not actually a new thing - prior Kirby games have seen Earth as one of the planets he could visit, but it's always post-apocalyptic.

I think one of the N64 ones - I want to say Crystal Shards - had what was clearly Earth as totally frozen over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 5:46

Yeah I think that's what I was thinking of Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff
Page 1 of 1