We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5

Go down 
+10
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 10:35

More that I can't say hey you're wrong or someone is about a well regarded game based on review score (even though you're all wrong about GRIS and possibly will be about 13S), when myself I don't think some critically acclaimed games are all that (even if I am right).

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 H2x1_NSwitchDS_Toem_image1600w

Picked TOEM up in the eShop sale, and played last night as it's a nice relaxing game where you go around taking photos for challenges. Think TOEM came out last year when we suddenly had like 8 photography based games come out, I still prefer New Pokémon Snap yet that is on rails, where in TOEM you do get to wander around the levels finding all your challenges, which it is far better than Pupperazzi.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 11:34

Mate TOEM is fantastic, how dare you prefer Pokemon Snap. I'll bloody snap you if you start spreading rumors like that around...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 17:37

Well we both liked it, so maybe others should pick up whilst on sale.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 21:28

I can't say I'm not t(o)empted, but I didn't get on with (the original) Pokémon Snap as much as many, so it's not a high priority.

I don't think many of y'all are going to give a monkey's about a very anime JRPG that doesn't really do anything new, so I'll put the next game (which I have overmuch to say about considering that fact) into a spoiler.  It's good, just.

BLUE REFLECTION - SECOND LIGHT:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 21:55

Toem you walk around and do quests, compared to on rails Pokemon Snap.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 22:01

Yeah the only real similarity between the two games is the camera, they play wildly different, I gave TOEM a 8/10 back on page 5 of this thread, if we must compare it to Pokémon Snap then I'd definitely say I preferred TOEM over last year's Snap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 22:06

Yeah just happen to be photo based games, which was a few last year for some reason.

Still BG&E, the best photography game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 20:07

I'm not sure a free-roaming non-combat adventure really appeals either, see Chicory on that subject.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Turnip-2-1536x864

What does appeal is Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion!  You play a law-defying turnip who goes through dungeons that feel like microcosms of 2D Zelda dungeons, in a game that feels like a microcosm of 2D Zelda.  It only lasts 2-3h, but unlike other shorter games it's excellently paced, with just the right level of gameplay variety, story beets, and escalating tension.  Plays nicely too, but what you're really here for is the writing: it throws a stream of jokes at you, and most of them land.  Even if one doesn't there's another one along in a minute.  Lotsa laughs, although if the idea of clicking 'okie' instead of 'okay' makes you hurl then maybe steer clear.  It goes surprisingly dark places too.

It's not perfect sadly.  The limited sword combat feels floaty and unsatisfying, the soundtrack is quite foul (although well-matched enough that I thought it worked in situ), and the visually simple game twice developed frame rate hiccoughs that only resetting it entirely would cure.  Still though, as what is apparently a student project, it shines.  I had a grand, if short, thyme with it.  A high 7/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 10 May 2022 - 11:41

That just come to Game Pass, maybe I'll give it an installation, then never play it.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Maxresdefault

TSORF is a few hours long Walking Sim with some horror stuff even though it's done in a Gone Home way, also a bit of Firwatch as someone on a phone to you throughout the game.

It is darker in terms of themes compared to Gone Home, which you can guess from the game's title, then what led to those events.

I liked it and think I paid about £3 on Switch in the sale.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 10 May 2022 - 21:50

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 H2x1_NSwitchDS_Skelattack_image1600w

Skelattack is one of the most promising games I’ve played in a long time. It’s a gorgeously animated Metroidvania with high production values, loads of likeable characters with fun snippets of dialogue, and a varied and suitably atmospheric soundtrack that deserves to be heard. The story – about rekindling spirits from the dead and confronting your past life – and the unoriginal scenery aren’t up to the same high standard admittedly, but they’re perfectly fine and they serve their purpose. I quite like that Skelattack gets right to the point too, taking me just shy of five hours to complete.

So close to brilliance, and yet so far. Where Skelattack badly falls down is in its outrageously uneven difficulty level. Skelattack is a game that’s all too happy to punish you, and deaths happen often – and often extremely cheaply. I really don’t know why, but the developer has got a massive raging hard-on for awkwardly-positioned insta-kill spikes. They’re jumbled across everywhere and anywhere you’d carry on with your adventure and search for treasure and potions. Consequently, Skelattack’s platforming requires unrelenting precision. But then, this near-sadistic challenge is counter-balanced by checkpoints that, no joke, you pass every ten seconds. You die all the time and in the most frustrating ways imaginable, but because there’s literally hundreds of checkpoints around there’s basically no punishment for death (apart from losing your currency which, to be honest, you don’t really need). Skelattack manages to be too hard and too easy at the same time, it’s quite an abnormal feat of game design. In other criticisms, Skelattack’s wall-jumping is sloppily handled. You can never reliably cling onto walls or bounce off of them, which is really irritating in a game that requires the precision platforming that I was typing about, and doubly so in a game where wall-jumping is used in pretty much every segment. I think I could do a better wall jump. The combat is similarly arse. Never amounting to much more than clumsy button-mashing, it’s got none of the flair or style of other Metroidvanias I’ve enjoyed, like Guacamelee. At least there’s much less combat than wall-jumping and insta-kill spikes I suppose.

It’s a bit of a shame. Skelattack is carried by its endearing presentation, music and characters, and I think those make it worth a playthrough. That’s especially seeing as Skelattack is often on sale – I bought it for 90% off late last year, for around £1.59. You’ll definitely get value for money with a similar discount. On the other hand with much more polish and a consistent approach to its difficulty, Skelattack could have definitely been much more than it is. In this (surprisingly unpatched) state Skelattack is very flawed. But all the same, it’s nice for me to come across a game that I enjoyed more than the critics did. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyWed 11 May 2022 - 21:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
awkwardly-positioned insta-kill spikes
Aw no!  The devil of game design itself!  And the thing that killed Cave Story for me.  Given that, I doubt I'd get 7/10 fun out of Skelattack.

Is the 3DS retro yet?  I'm not sure.  Given that you can still just about acquire this elsewhere, I'm putting it in here rather than the equivalent retro thread, but it's a borderline case.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Large

Probably the last 3DS game I'll get off the shop, I polished off Weapon Shop de Omasse yesterday, and for the most part I had a really good time with it.  You forge weapons for customers by tapping away at metal to the beat, then follow the quests those customers go on via bugs you work into your weapons that become fantasy Twitter.  It's joyously written, genuinely entertaining if not quite laugh-out-loud.  It's lovely to look at for a 3DS game (albeit that's helped by its very limited visual scope), and easy to play.  The soundtrack, as befits a rhythm game, is good too: the music's fine, but frankly it's the sitcom-style laugh track that makes it.  

Although the fact that it's difficult to follow the fantasy Twitter that makes up the meat of the game while you're smithing away was a noticeable setback, none of the game's flaws were too affecting... at least, not until the end.  The game is so well-written, and tells decent stories with it - and then ends on a massive shrug.  None of the customers' stories interlink, the ending such as it is is such a wet fart, and the game tells you to defeat the final boss with every main customer to get something more, only for that 'something more' to be a gross disappointment with no narrative weight at all.  An absolute travesty.  

For eight out of the eight-and-a-half hours, though, this was a little bit of a gem.  It won't appeal to those who don't like their games too talky, and it might be a bit lightweight to be anybody's main game for any length of time; but it would fit nicely into a rotation of multiple titles.  Sigh...  Remember when Level-5 could do no wrong?  This is a slightly sad reminder.  7/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 22:43

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 No-Longer-Home-by-Humble-Grove-and-Fellow-Traveller-art

NLH, I picked up on a eShop sale in the USA yesterday which you can guess posting now it's short, at around a hour long. NLH isn't a great game, even for someone that likes these types of games, but I’m glad it exits as I can't think of any other game with a non-binary couple (I can't even think of any characters even) for that should get some praise, why it was up for an impact award.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 18:45

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 1-3

Here’s some quick thoughts on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition on Switch. While based on the building blocks of the monumentally influential GTA III, Vice City established its own unforgettable atmosphere. I’d say Vice City’s believable ‘80s setting is definitely the reason why it’s the more fondly remembered game. An incredible critical and commercial success back in its day and frequently placed on ‘Greatest Games of All Time’ lists, it’s not unfair to call Vice City one of the most iconic and beloved games ever.

You can’t have missed the critical mauling that the Definitive Edition got from all corners late last year. Perhaps like you, all the impressions I read and heard were that The Trilogy was released in really poor condition, where from any perspective all three of its games were in an inexcusable state. In the six months since then there’s been waves of patches to sort out the most egregious of its abuses. Playing through the most up-to-date version of Vice City – The Definitive Edition as of May 2022, I don’t think their work is complete.

Disappointingly, the quality of my experience was undone a bit by fairly regular framerate problems, graphical glitches and gameplay bugs. There was the occasional crash to boot. And I know that this has already been discussed at length virtually everywhere else, but the visuals aren’t what you’d expect from a remaster of a game from twenty years ago. Strangely blurry, plastic-ey and low-quality with loads of pop-up and rubbish-looking textures, it looks and feels like something you’d have perhaps experienced on the Wii in 2008, rather than something that’s well-placed in the ninth generation of gaming. I appreciate modern quality of life updates such as the mission checkpoint system and weapon auto-aiming, but despite numerous fixes Vice City – The Definitive Edition remains pretty rough and unpolished.

Happily, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City still holds up superbly two decades later. It’s a testament to the quality of the original game that it can just about overcome all of these disappointments. Above all else, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition still has all that freedom that makes any Grand Theft Auto game a massive amount of fun to play – just with more Spandau Ballet. All the exploration, gunfights, vehicles, jumps and missions are still here, and so too is the entertaining story, the memorable characters, the dark sense of humour and the best-of-all-time soundtrack.

No, this uncaring, sloppily-made and badly-optimised Definitive Edition isn’t the remaster that Vice City deserved. You can’t help but wonder what could have been with the whole Trilogy if, you know, Rockstar were arsed before they were utterly shamed into sorting it out. But it’s not a complete write-off. At least in Vice City’s case, it’s still a brilliant game at heart. Let’s see if Rockstar do any more work on this, and maybe do it justice. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 19:56

That might be part of a great trilogy and others like LotR or Star Wars come to mind, yet joining them now is

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 107891_My_Name_is_Mayo_3

Only the medium of video games can tell such an emotional plot about a jar of Mayo, who gets wrapped in some saucy things where its girlfriend wants some of that white stuff all over her. This leads to Mayo suffering from depression, yet finding himself with his buddy Muss the Mustard.

I can't put into words how good of a game this is and how this epic trilogy has ended.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 12:18

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 H2x1_NSwitchDS_ClockworkAquario

Did you know that Clockwork Aquario set a Guinness World Record for being the game that’s had the longest development cycle? None of this piddly rush-job Duke Nukem Forever nonsense here; this was supposed to come out in 1993 but didn’t see a release until late last year. It’s an interesting story about a mothballed and ‘lost’ arcade game that was carefully reassembled and brought back to life. I’d encourage you to read about it here.

As authentic as it gets, Clockwork Aquario is a joyously ‘90s arcade platformer that’s polished to near-perfection. The lavish and colourful sprites, the creative level and enemy design, the slick and easy-to-grasp controls and the high-energy soundtrack and sound effects; everything about Clockwork Aquario’s presentation is absolutely first class. The side-scrolling hop ‘n bop gameplay isn’t original, though it’s nevertheless well-executed and satisfying. It’s all these things that help make Clockwork Aquario a massively enjoyable throwback.

It’s twenty minutes long though. And it’s £16.99.

As good as I think Clockwork Aquario is, it’s unrecommendable at that length and cost. The best thing to do is wait for a chunky price-drop, and then lob some eShop Gold Points at it – that’s what I did to soften the blow. Definitely buy it if you’re into the genre, but know that the cheaper it gets, the less disappointed you’d be. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptySun 29 May 2022 - 21:17

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 OIP

HOTD was almost the perfect game today, as I went out last night and didn't get into 4.30am that I didn't want to do much today. HOTD is a Sunday afternoon sort of game, as it's a short bit of fun which does have high scores but doesn't seem to be online and the motion controls having to be reset often.

I think Cappa and gJones would like, but one for a sale.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 17:09

I’ll get House of the Dead down the line, but the other reviews I’ve read make it sound like it’s not well made. Especially with those motion controls, that’s pish that they’re always needing reset mid-game. That same developer didn’t really handle Panzer Dragoon with a lot of care either, but at least that got tweaked and polished post-launch (and then reduced in loads of sales too). I’d have to think the exact same will happen with House of the Dead; I can wait six months for an improved version at a third of the cost.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 17:27

I never got the issue with Panzer as how I remembered but with better graphics, not sure what else could do.

Same really with HOTD, like if with had lightguns then think it would be fine, maybe PS4 version is as it's playable with the move.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 22:53

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Not_For_Broadcast_Key_Art

Not for Broadcast is a game that executes a unique concept very convincingly. The game puts you in charge of directing the coverage of a news station within a populist totalitarian regime. This involves cutting between up to four different cameras, censoring swear words - or information before it goes out live broadcast, choosing which images should match which headlines, what adverts play, and managing any electrical interference.

That might all sound like a lot, and it kind of is, but the game does a very good job of introducing each concept gradually. In almost every broadcast there's another layer of the puzzle to learn, but you start off just getting comfortable with understanding how to cut between cameras and how long to spend on somebody talking, and how often to cut for reaction shots.

You're judged by the number of viewers watching the broadcast. Do a good job and the number goes up, and do a bad job and the number declines. All of this is backed up by a Papers Please style narrative outside of the broadcasts, as you'll get given income bonuses or penalties for letting certain things slip. You'll also change the influence of certain factions, or the prospects of given products, based on what you choose to advertise or what you choose to censor. Your gameplay choices influence the choose-your-own-adventure style prompts you are given outside of the office.

This game has the record for the most hours of FMV, clocking in at a total of 48 hours. Keep in mind that you often have 4 cameras rolling simultaneously, and that you there are plenty of tapes you don't broadcast, so the game's overall run time isn't super long. The acting is... pretty B-movie territory, although I feel like some of that was intentional. It's not bad but it's not exactly good either. That's forgivable though as the game was produced during the height of the pandemic, so there are some chapters where the actors are all working from home. The writing is probably slightly worse, it's all quite politically naïve, but it's all forgivable because the feeling of being a broadcaster is captured really well.

There's a lot of fun to be had here. It's up there with indie darlings like Her Story and Papers Please in my book. I don't think it has a load of replay value, but what's there is well wroth a go if you have a PC. I doubt this will come to console any time soon as it does feel like it is built around a mouse and keyboard. That being said, it should run on most systems I would have thought.

9/10.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 1:08

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’ll get House of the Dead down the line, but the other reviews I’ve read make it sound like it’s not well made. Especially with those motion controls, that’s pish that they’re always needing reset mid-game. That same developer didn’t really handle Panzer Dragoon with a lot of care either, but at least that got tweaked and polished post-launch (and then reduced in loads of sales too). I’d have to think the exact same will happen with House of the Dead; I can wait six months for an improved version at a third of the cost.

masofdas wrote:
I never got the issue with Panzer as how I remembered but with better graphics, not sure what else could do.

Same really with HOTD, like if with had lightguns then think it would be fine, maybe PS4 version is as it's playable with the move.

Sadly the re-centre aim thing is a downside to motion control/gyro aiming as you're basically mimicking how you lift a PC's mouse to re-centre your aim/cursor, there is different ways of doing it though and it just comes down to how well the devs have implemented those control options, but mostly they are doing the bare minimum or you really need to change from the default settings to get the best out of them.

If I was to listen to anyone for a good settings baseline it's this guy:

------

On the ps4 move controller - unless they added a different set of control options specifically for it then it probably just works the same as it does on Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 10:39

Shouldn't have to do all that make the game more playable, then I like I say it's short and leaderboard being local only not a replay value either.

I would have thought Move would work better as been light guns games since the PS3 that have used it, that have been fine with the camera tracking the big light ball on the Move.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 16:32

That doesn't seem like a lot to me and customising a games controls is a small price to pay if it allows you to enjoy it that little bit more.

Anyhow, looking it up a wee bit I just saw PS move was a post launch patch thing so it should be different with that at least. Though I also remember that most "light gun games" that used PS move were cursor based, meaning it's not going to be the same as light guns or even gyro based aiming but maybe that would work better for some folk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 23:04

I was thinking more that you've either got to look something like that up or mess around to get a control scheme that works. Like I didn't I just played the game and come away going it's not great, what till its about £5 and only two people I know will care to play it.

Got to be better than the Joy-Con, and Move stuff in VR always been good.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 23:27

Aye that's fair & it is nice when a game just clicks out the box without needing to jump into the settings too much.

---

@Muss - Not for broadcast sounds great. When I was on about unique or different games in the 'Nintendo indie world direct' thread it's stuff like this I'd like to see showcased more often.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2022 - 16:35

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 5f2ae425-e980-46ef-8325-973869078872

From the mind that brought us Pony Island, Inscryption is another "meta" game which plays with the medium in clever ways that I cannot describe because it would spoil thing. I would say that Inscryption is far less experimental than Pony Island, and it does go on for a little too long, but it's nonetheless an incredibly fun puzzle and card game that I would highly recommend.

It's a game that's easy to pick up, with the card battles being fairly low in complexity at the start before new mechanics are added over time. Between progressing the card game, you'll also need to solve some escape room style puzzles in order to progress the game. The card game works really well, especially some of the boss battles, but it's those puzzle elements and the way the game wraps a narrative around what you're doing that make it all come together in a very clever way.

This game will probably never come to console because aspects of some of the games fourth wall breaking mechanics rely on reading your computer, although maybe they could reproduce it for a console. As with Not for Broadacast, if you ever find yourself wanting an indie game that will probably run on almost anything, then Inscryption is a really great choice. It took me about 18 hours to finish it - although that's probably exaggerated a little. Once the main game is beaten there's an endless mode that you can play with a view towards getting high scores.

9/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5
Page 13 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next