We support the right to abortion because we're not sodding awful.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2022 - 18:34

Jimbob wrote:

TRY HARDER THIS TIME JAMES: I think my favourite bit was when I got all the power-ups and I could go round finding all the secret bits. Loved the Metroidyness. Hated the quicktime bosses, where you have to remember a button combination you only need to press once every 2 hours. Good though.

That was more or less my take on Dread too! As for Donut County, it was a fine little distraction for a couple of hours - silly, didn't overstay its welcome, but you'll forget about it by the next day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 21:08

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 Fez_(PC)_11

Balladeer wrote:
On the whole, Fez left me cold.  It's a quite poor platformer, barely elevated by its world-twisting mechanic beyond being outright bad at it; and in the surface layer I've scratched, it's been no more than an adequate puzzler.  One 'puzzle' had me taking a picture of a QR code: cute, but not exactly satisfying to solve.  The game's aesthetic is nice enough, but its world feels slightly off.  I think that's intentional?  It's quiet, mostly empty of obviously intelligent life, filled with arcane graffiti, and the whole thing gives me the creeps and makes me feel a bit lonely.  That's been Fez's greatest quality so far, but it's not one I particularly care for.

Literally the day after this post, I finished Fez. Laughing By which I mean, I got the first ending, and what a bamboozling ending it was.  What I said above is still all accurate though.  Fez is more mood piece than great game, at least until you dig into the depths of decoding its language(s?) and stuff, which I did not and will not do.  Its core mechanic is undeniably clever, but it doesn't add much to the surface-level puzzling or the platforming, making it a rather unsatisfying puzzle-platformer that nonetheless has a certain something to it.  5/10

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 Mom-hid-my-game-2.original

As well as playing that throwaway joke of a game, I finished bona fide classic Mom Hid My Game! 2.  #Bantz aside, what with the low-effort art, short game length (under an hour I think?), and single asinine tune, there's no way I can give MHMG2 more than the 6/10 I gave its predecessor - but honestly I have a big soft spot for it.  It made me laugh several times with its ludicrous escape room/point-and-click situations.  An hour or so of silly dumb fun that is apparently, according to me, better than Fez.  And you know what?  I'll stand by that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 EmptySat 25 Jun 2022 - 19:42

Balladeer wrote:
 Still, the core is both addictive and fun: I don't think I've enjoyed a colour-matching puzzler more since Meteos.  A high 7/10.

I've started Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon recently, and it's a good fun colour-matching puzzler. Quite hard though. Still, you might like it... in as much as I can predict what you will and won't like! It might get a Balla 7/10.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15