We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 9:54

Balladeer wrote:
MOON:
You should try all 3 Moons and rank them in Andy's Tier Thread.

Oh er
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 Capsule_616x353
Outer Wilds was one of the best things ever, and Echoes of the Eye is almost as good with its idea. But it actually got a bit scary and I can't deal with this stuff any more, so I watched the rest of YouTube. You should still play these though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 22:23

Look. I can respect you thinking I'd try the eronovel, but - an FPS? On DS? Me!? You're wrong in the head, man.

Meanwhile here's me twiddling my fingers for Outer Wilds on Switch. I'm hopeful that my love of exploratory gameplay will stop me from getting fed up with the timeloop aspect, but I need to play it first!

EDIT:

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 FEZ112Header

While I won't go so far as to say I don't think I'm clever enough to finish Fez, I think I'd struggle.  I've just opened the 16-cube door, got to a village with people speaking in what is clearly a decipherable language, and think I'll stop there.  There have been major hints at some big world-spanning puzzles, but I need a better fast-travel system and less annoying traversal before I comb Fez's world for clues.

On the whole, Fez left me cold.  It's a quite poor platformer, barely elevated by its world-twisting mechanic beyond being outright bad at it; and in the surface layer I've scratched, it's been no more than an adequate puzzler.  One 'puzzle' had me taking a picture of a QR code: cute, but not exactly satisfying to solve.  The game's aesthetic is nice enough, but its world feels slightly off.  I think that's intentional?  It's quiet, mostly empty of obviously intelligent life, filled with arcane graffiti, and the whole thing gives me the creeps and makes me feel a bit lonely.  That's been Fez's greatest quality so far, but it's not one I particularly care for.

The real greatest quality is no doubt waiting for those with the wisdom and wherewithal to decipher that language, and in general the mysteries behind the world.  I'll leave that to greater minds than mine.

Does... does me not having the mentality to deal with big world-spanning puzzles in Fez mean I'm likely to bounce off Outer Wilds? I think it might, you know. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 22:33

Surprised you even bought the game, knowing how you feel about some people and companies.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 22:37

I tried to do some digging into Phil Fish and what exactly he's done that's so bad. It seems like he's an angry man who's had some shouty feuds, but hasn't actually done anything too awful? Maybe wasn't great to work with, but doesn't seem to have harassed anybody. If I've missed something then please let me know: happy to admit that I've made a cock-up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2022 - 9:44

Fez and Outer Wilds are miles apart. I don't think there are many who truly got there with Fez. I enjoyed it a bit, but not enouhg to see it through. Mind you I gave up on Outer Wilds as I found it to be a wee bit too fiddly so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2022 - 11:31

Good to read; although in the quickest about-turn on here since, and possibly past, Treesmurf's Eastward take, I've cracked back on with Fez. Laughing I got to the 32-cube door, but reading a walkthrough found out that there are two more regions to find cubes in.  Thought I needed to go for anticubes!  It's still unlikely to make my top Switch games, but I might yet reach the (first) ending.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2022 - 13:01

Didn't he threaten to kill someone whilst making Fez, would say that's harassment.  Didn't he also say women can get away with sexual harassment because they're women.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2022 - 13:04

Yeah, but you have to make certain exceptions for a fish. They're used to a kill-or-be-killed existence, what with sharks and that, plus the males squirt their seed pretty willy-nilly, it probably is easy for a woman to slip her eggs under there and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 13:56

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 21:09

masofdas wrote:
Didn't he threaten to kill someone whilst making Fez, would say that's harassment.  Didn't he also say women can get away with sequel harassment because they're women.

Possibly?  But I put the same query to another community and they said the same as me: angry man whose anger the Internet amplified, and that's it.  I'm going to need a source for this Mas.  Not that I think anybody's going to be giving him money on my recommendation anyway...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 21:30

Yeah feel you're right, more I just felt you wouldn't support a douche.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 22:13

Meh. You know what they say: 'there's no ethical consumption under capitalism.' And while I don't like people using that as an excuse to buy anything without consideration, I think it means you need to draw a line on the spectrum, pick the shade of grey you're unwilling to go beyond. 'Merely' 'a douche' I can stomach: beyond that, it gets iffy.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 20:52

masofdas wrote:
can get away with sequel harassment
Ow, stop hitting me with that 2nd thing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 13:13

I think the difference for me is if Phil Fish is a douche and this game is made entirely by him. If one guy was a douche but a game was made by a 50-person team, so be it. If one guy is a douche, I don't want to consume his personal art. The same way I don't really mind watching, say, Superman Returns with Kevin Spacey in a role, but I can't imagine every enjoying a read of Harry Potter the same way again.

That said, reading about Fish specifically its seems like his biggest crimes are getting pissed off about some legitimate grievances with the way Microsoft do business and subsequently quitting the internet. It also seems he was a target of Gamergate, so I'd take any rumours I hear about him with a pinch of salt.

I have heard that he comes across as a knob in that Indie Game documentary, but I've come across as a knob in podcasts I myself edited - imagine how a third party could make me seem.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 18:58

Yeah, what you're saying is what I think about like the upcoming Mario + Rabbids like the Milan team might be all good peeps. Yet we all know though one guy called Yves Guillemot big douche.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 9:40

That's different, in that the problem with Ubisoft is systemic and widespread. You might be right that the whole team are good who worked on that game, but A) I wouldn't take that bet and B) it ignores the fact that the whole Ubisoft machine is fucked. I wouldn't eat an apple that looked good if the rest of the tree were rotten.

Also, Ubisoft games are shite Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 10:01

I dont plan to get M+R at least at launch, possibly used / very cheap.

Makes sense or the whole tree is rotten, and one branch is fine, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 15:51

Buska with all my takes there. (Apart from Ubi games being shite when separated from their creators, sadly. I have fond memories of Child of Light and RLegends.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 21:31

Couple more fall by the wayside.

LITTLE TOWN HERO:

PONY ISLAND:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:25

Re: Little Town Hero - just looks like too much admin. for me.
Pony Island is a shame - I roll my eyes at the "uh-oh this is subversively edge" sometimes, but I did enjoy The Hex, and will still get round to it. Although at this stage I don't know why you even bother to try and play Steam games, it seems that most of them don't work on the Mac. Not when you could play Dark Castle instead!

Oh, also
Sonic Mania
I'm sorry guys, I don't get it. I accept you can hate me, like you all deeply deeply have Andy and Mas for their Zelda opinions, but this is still Sonic. It was alright, I saw a few whizzy screens in a row, that was nice, done now.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:35

I love Sonic Mania but you certainly don't deserve to be chastised for not liking it like Man and Mas deserve for not liking BotW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 21:24

Jimbob wrote:
Although at this stage I don't know why you even bother to try and play Steam games, it seems that most of them don't work on the Mac.

I didn't know. Sad I barely play computer games, so this was my introduction to Steam And Macs Not Playing Nice.  

I have also decided to scrap Castle-favourite stodgy VN Opus: Echo of Starsong, as suggested elsewhere.  It's very pretty but it's like wading through treacle to 'play'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 15:13

Jimbob wrote:

Oh, also
Sonic Mania
I'm sorry guys, I don't get it. I accept you can hate me, like you all deeply deeply have Andy and Mas for their Zelda opinions, but this is still Sonic. It was alright, I saw a few whizzy screens in a row, that was nice, done now.

No apology needed - I've never enjoyed a 2D Sonic game myself, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 11:20

Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Look, I just don't think I'm a JRPG guy. XB1 was a fluke exception, I should stop trying to repeat it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 12:17

I was right about OPUS

I wasn't keen on Mania myself, as it just made me think about Sonic 2 etc which I sooner play because #nostalgia

Maybe JRPG just certain ones like I wouldn't say not try Persona 5 or Fire Emblem Engage when on Switch, but I also wouldn't say play things like Atelier Ryza 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 34 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next