We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5

Go down 
+10
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyMon 6 May 2024 - 10:54

Few things, I think Botany Manor is something I would like, just waiting on a sale on the eShop or when I've got a XCloud subscription on the go (He2blade is soon) or PC*.

*my laptop is old, so He2blade unlikely would run but think Botany would, and my laptop is starting to die that a replacement one might run He2blade.

Peach is great, still think it's for everyone and to me the top tier of the more mid tier platformers on Switch. And I actually enjoyed more than Wonder, though can recognise Wonder the better game.

Now onto Devil May Cry 3 for you Buska, no there's no number 2 honest.

Paranormasight much like Botany Manor, is one waiting for a sale and using Switch at the time as its Switch exclusive that no one seems to moan about 🤔 I do worry that with Squares cancelling of loads of games with a $140m loss, games like this is what will be gone to focus on the bigger AAA games. They don't help themselves though releasing 34 games in one year, as much of a Square fan, impossible to support all those games.

Edit
Also basically if Botany and Paranormasight were on PS4/5 would have higher chance of getting bought & played by now, as its the system I use 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyMon 6 May 2024 - 11:00

Waiting for a Botany Manor sale is wise. Waiting for a Paranormasight sale... I think it's very much worth a purchase at full price, but I bought it on sale myself. It definitely doesn't deserve to be classed with BM re. that though.

Square have made some truly baffling decisions. (Making Paranormasight Switch exclusive may or may not be one of them but I think it's a perfect Switch game so it shouldn't impact us.) I think something's up with the CEO to be honest, he sounds like he's deep in the pockets of Big NFT or whatever to the point of delusion. I know his talks about that are directed at shareholders, but even for the soulless figurehead of a giant company they seem out of touch. And 34 games is daft, although it depends where they release them and how many genres they're in and what the budgets behind each one are I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyMon 6 May 2024 - 11:09

Yeah as I don't think they've cancelled the Parasite Eve named NFT game.

What you're about different budgets etc makes sense but now ohh Valkyrie Elysium didn't sell that's on the chopping block to focus on the AAA games from Square. Which means less games for me to buy but less variety if just Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest now on.

Lumped Botany and Paranormasight together as digital only, £20ish and not on my preferred system.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyTue 7 May 2024 - 10:30

masofdas wrote:

Now onto Devil May Cry 3 for you Buska, no there's no number 2 honest.

It doesn't matter how many times I hear some variation on this, I can't just skip a numbered entry when playing a series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyTue 7 May 2024 - 14:50

Though I'm kinda curious on your thoughts on DMC2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyFri 10 May 2024 - 20:27

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Screen_shot_4572

I finished Pepper Grinder!  Because it's nice and short, even if the final boss is seven levels of bollocks.  (Well, two phases of bollocks.)  I think this might be another one in the 'Celeste has ruined 2D platformers for me' category though: although the levels in this are nicely varied, Pepper doesn't feel fun enough to play (she and her drill are intentionally a bit all-over-the-place) nor look or sound good enough to watch/hear for me to think this is more than a decent romp.  There's nothing special here, y'know?  With maybe the exception of two levels in the last world where Pepper gets to [REDACTED].  This is a decent time-killer but that's all it was for me, Cappa and Jas will be more enthusiastic I reckon.  6/10

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Switch_WarioWareMoveIt_scrn_04_png_jpgcopy

I also finally finished WarioWare: Move It! with my sis, having started it at Christmas.  As such there was a fair amount of anticipation for more, that fell into a damp squib when we finished the remainder in the link of an eye.  I know WarioWare games aren't generally long (unless you try to perfect every microgame) but this feels more content-light than Get It Together, say.  Fortunately it's a lot more fun, while this lasted we really had a blast.  It's a return to Smooth Moves' minor heyday, and the motion gubbins is grand.  Just wish there was more to it, is all.  7/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyFri 10 May 2024 - 22:39

Not much to add this time, Balla.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 2x1_NSwitchDS_RefindSelfThePersonalityTestGame_image1600w

Played awhile ago now this one, on mobile as it basically cost me nothing as I had credit in my Google account.  And did talk about in the Nintendo Direct thread, as comes to Switch at some point. I quite enjoyed it, but was a tad bored after my 3rd run to roll credits properly. If it's like £5 on Switch, could see a Balla etc having a go, a Jim will hate it.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Maxresdefault

More of a movie in VR then a game but it did cost money and has achievements. Stars Daisy Ridley, Kate Winslet in a like b-tier pixar movie at best.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Capsule_616x353

This is down as an experience in VR, also it's free but is more than a game then Baba Yaga. It has Tilda Swinton as the narrator in an experience about schizophrenia, gaming and connection.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Hq720

The one I came here to post about, as I finished Stellar Blade yesterday, where I got the true ending in this Korean Action-RPG. Now I've only finished NieR Replicant and played a bit of Automata, though what I can gleam from those, Stellar Blade is basically Korean NieR down to the plot, music and all that good stuff.

With a mix of Souls as you go to camps, where you can level up your stats, enemies respawn, if you die that's where you go back to and so on. Though don't think if you die you lose anything where another game I played recently Rise of the Ronin you did lose karma if you died, then you'd have to go kill that enemy.  

That am wondering what actually makes a Souls game, like did I click with Stellar Blade because of the anime nonsense of it, where you watched me play Darks Souls II and I didn't have Scooby where I was going or doing. I have now picked up Wo Long as it was £12.50 physical on PS5 as the next sort of bash in the genre kinda.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySat 11 May 2024 - 3:23

Mas, you love predicting other people's opinions on stuff Laughing

Balla, I played the demo of Pepper Grinder and while I liked the vibes, that impreciseness of control did bother me a bit. Did you feel yourself mastering it as it went or was it annoying all the way through? I can imagine myself getting tilted if all the way through I can't hit a line of gems without going back around two or three times.

I played a bunch of Wario as a party game with more players and it was incredible, so if you're gonna find yourself in that position I think the short campaign will sting less. It's not the game's fault we're all old and lonely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySat 11 May 2024 - 12:23

I'd say I improved at it (I could hit basic lines of gems no problem), but it was annoying the whole way through.  Especially when you get to the final boss, which seems to rely on a level of precision the controls aren't designed for.  I had to turn the game speed down for that.

I can see Move It! being a pretty good party game, I just don't have enough parties to test it out because I'm old and lonely.  Even when I did have a housewarming with a bunch of nerds earlier this year, we ended up playing Jackbox the entire time.  That's the slight problem with party games on Switch: they have to be better than a series of games that effortlessly handle eight players and have almost no learning curve.

I'm not playing Refind Self I'm afraid, that looks like peak Mas and I don't like replaying stuff.  I also notice how the man effortlessly sidestepped the Stellar Blade android lady's bottom and all that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySat 11 May 2024 - 12:56

Jim think already said he wouldn't like Refind Self in the Direct thread, and it's less of a prediction but more well I think X person will like game and Y person won't, then make of as you will. Then I'll somehow mention Andy, who you never know what he'll like casing point the wee bit of chat around DMC on Discord.

Well I did say like Korean NieR and you know that game with 2B. I also mostly had EVE dressed in this but with pink hair & a flower in it
La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Eves-Wearing-a-Chinese-Dress-in-Xion
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySun 12 May 2024 - 8:35

masofdas wrote:
and it's less of a prediction but more well I think X person will like game and Y person won't
Yep that's what a predicition is Laughing

But seriously you're probably right, I would change that game's name to Refund Self; as someone who has had quite a few mental health "bits" in the last couple of years and definitely including impostor syndrome, the game feels like the "substitute teacher" equivalent of therapy.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySun 12 May 2024 - 9:46

Maybe, I look at as it as more of a recommendation, then a prediction. Likely how I word it, maybe need to bring back the what was good etc which included who I'd recommend to.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptySun 12 May 2024 - 21:02

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Worms-wmd-review-147222388637

Worms W.M.D. (2016)

Grabbed this for a few quid, and just polished off the Campaign mode. You can't really go wrong with Worms (in 2D anyway) and this is essentially Worms Armageddon on steroids. The WMD of the namesake has to do with the weapons you can find on maps: mounted flamethrowers, sniper rifles, machine guns and mortars. You'll also find vehicles such as tanks, mechs and even the Rocket League car, which adds something new. In multiplayer, these additions can make the core gameplay unbalanced, but in the one-player mode, it transforms the standard "kill the enemy worms" into something more strategic. I'll never tire of worms voiced by bricklayers saying "You don't know what you're missing love" when a team voiced by old ladies skips a go.  

8/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 12:07

What was good? The story and how it teaches you about Hinduism when going through Raji adventure.

What was less good? Pretty straight forward linear game, with some simple puzzles.

What was bobbins? Nothing really, it's just a fine game nothing.

Would I recommend it? Now on Plus for PS4 and PS5, how I played it and worth checking it out via the service.

What was good? Some of the food looks real nice.

What was less good? Pretty short

What was bobbins? The controls, I get it's like a funny food game but think worth better in VR where you could pick up and move the food etc

Would I recommend it? Also on Plus, though, I would say skip it.

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Tetris-effect-title-2

What was good? An experience in VR, that elevates Tetris to the next level.

What was less good? Nothing

What was bobbins? Now I've listened to the music basically for a 3rd time, and loses some lustre.

Would I recommend it? Yeah, a banger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5   La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5 - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

La5t Game You Fini5hed And Your Thought5
Page 31 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31