We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
gjones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 22:47

Treesmurf wrote:
That'd be me, I think it's crazy how overlooked that game has been in GOTY talk, probably it's difficulty has upset everyone.

That and folk kicked up a fuss about how it handled saving your game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 9:11

The save system did seem a bit of a pain if runs as long as people said, with lack of a quick resume like Xbox, then a way to save would be handy.

It's not what put me off, it was the genre and price of £70rrp. When you're not sure about a game, same with Deathloop why I got it for xmas, which I ended up not liking. It is a lot of money, when so many games available and better value in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 9:21

The save system did actually ruin my run of Returnal, I had a really good build about 2-3 hours in and I had to stop. Booted it up and it crashed or was patched. Could never get the same momentum again. I'm definitely keen to try it again though, the minute to minute gameplay was good, just a bit flawed on release.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 11:53

It's definitely a game I want to try but I haven't stumped up the monies for it yet. I imagine that it would have ranked quite high in my votes had I played it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 15:16

Quote :

Jaymoyles - “For his unpredictable bursts of replying to 100 threads at a time. Always unexpected, always a nice little sesh to click through.”
I also enjoy this. It's like the site has been tagged or raided  Laughing

Quote :
Xbox Backwards Compatibility - “More games got added that are playable on One or Series with some getting upgrades, this is great for video game preservation.”
I am envious of Xbox owners, with Game Pass and the Backwards Compatibility this would tick off both my need to play old stuff as well as enjoy more relevant titles. How often are games removed and how much notice is given? I've found recently on services like Netflix and NowTV that I'll return to a series and find it's been removed, which in my mind, is madness. Saying that, I'm the type of person that pays for Netflix and lets others use the account, only watching re-runs of Friends which I frickin' own on DVD anyway.

Quote :
The Back Page, a videogames podcast - “It’s not The Rotating Platform, because nothing will be, and Sam doesn’t have that same NGamer spirit that would make this an all-timer - but this is quality podcasting.  Matthew Castle could read out numbers from the FTSE and it’d probably still be one of the greatest gaming podcasts today.”
I've really enjoyed this podcast too. I do often question Castle's taste but he's a great listen, particularly with how well he gets his opinions across. Sam has improved in this area in recent episodes, and he brings a good balance to their discussions. I find it to be better than The Rotating Platform, which felt too reliant on "what are you playing" which is my least favourite type of podcast. Space Ark was class, but I think Games Court replicates that anarchy nicely.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 15:57

You get about two weeks notice when something leaving, most games stay awhile take The Medium which is leaving this month has been on Game Pass for 13 months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 21:03

Not sure about this roguelite love-in, bring back the bit where people were threatening to tear down the awards!

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:
It's great to see that the Switch had so many quality titles for y'all. We still had a couple of more general topics too (although I'm not sure remasters are that honourable m'self)!

I'm generally with you when it comes to ports/remasters as they can be games that are easily shat out on to whatever format for easy money BUT every once in a while there are some worth highlighting & the ones mentioned definitely deserve their spot here.

I put that one badly, I was thinking mostly of the PS5 remasters category rather than LoZSS or SM3DW+BF. Even though I wasn't that on board for the latter, I can still see its benefits!

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:
There are two things I strongly disagree with here.  The second one's that the Switch has had a bad year.  That might be true if you buy everything you could've bought on Switch somewhere else and don't look at some of the more niche offerings, but at that point you have to admit that it's more you than the Switch!

Agreed! I had a great time playing Switch in the last year to the point that a lot of my ps4 backlog stayed firmly in that backlog.

And you don't even like my most-played genre this year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 21:37

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade did add the new stuff with Yuffie, which is comparable to the Bowser stuff in SM3DW, for instance.

Why said great gamss now even better, just that's all (Okay votes say otherwise) PS5 had.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 2:42

I was mostly just defending Quake to be honest Laughing but I don't see much wrong with the ps5 remakes/remasters being put in honourable mentions either.

Balla wrote:
Not sure about this roguelite love-in, bring back the bit where people were threatening to tear down the awards!

I think we should all not vote in the upcoming Switch anniversary thing simply because of his weird irrational hatred that Balla has for the rogue-lites/likes genre.  Winky Face

DOWN WITH ALL THE AWARDS & BALLA AS AN ADMIN!

(That winky face might seem like I'm playing but I'm deadly serious.  Winky Face  Winky Face  )
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 8:37

I have no opinions on Quake either way. I have no opinions on Balla staying as an admin. either way either. Balladeer

Treesmurf wrote:
Well it was the #YearOfTheSwitch right? I do think it's been a great year for Switch as well, there's not much that'll break people's top 10 but the sheer volume of 8/10 types has been brilliant, that being said I think 2022 could potentially be it's best yet, it's already off to a flyer with Legends.

Also I forgot to respond to this, but I absolutely agree. Only one game cracked my Best Of All Time list, but this year probably had more 8/10s than any year before it including 2017; and I am also hopeful that 2022 will be a stonker!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 9:23

Time to make me admin Applause
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 9:39

Balladeer wrote:
I have no opinions on Quake either way.  I have no opinions on Balla staying as an admin. either way either. Balladeer

Treesmurf wrote:
Well it was the #YearOfTheSwitch right? I do think it's been a great year for Switch as well, there's not much that'll break people's top 10 but the sheer volume of 8/10 types has been brilliant, that being said I think 2022 could potentially be it's best yet, it's already off to a flyer with Legends.

Also I forgot to respond to this, but I absolutely agree.  Only one game cracked my Best Of All Time list, but this year probably had more 8/10s than any year before it including 2017; and I am also hopeful that 2022 will be a stonker!

A couple in my Switch Top 10 from last year but nothing would make a All Time Top 10 though.

Yeah I'd much sooner have a year of 10 8/10's then a year of just like two 10/10 games, and having something to look forward to all year.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 12:56

The_Jaster wrote:
winky face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 13:29

The_Jaster wrote:

I think we should all not vote in the upcoming Switch anniversary thing simply because of his weird irrational hatred that Balla has for the rogue-lites/likes genre.  Winky Face

Oh I'll vote, I'm just only going to vote for rogue lites or games with multiple endings. Winky face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 13:33

The choice stuff in games, always baffles me, with Balla.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 13:47

I've never been a completionist so I don't ever worry about missing out on anything, be that narrative or some gameplay thingy. I just enjoy the time I spend in a game and typically accept my ending as cannon.

The ending of Witcher 3 really hit me in the feels because of the choices I'd made, which did so much to make that game feel like a cohesive whole. I'm looking forward to taking that game on again, alongside Disco Elysium, some time in the future, but those are rare exceptions. I normally just play it once for my personalised story and then move on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 15:53

Regarding Returnal, I think the save system was a bit broken at launch, but it's perfectly fine now so there's no excuse for people overlooking it, I'd say!

Regarding my appearances in the Honourables/Dishonourables, cheers to who I presume was gjones and someone else for the honourable mention! To the two people who gave me a dishonourable, I literally know who you are and this will not be forgiven. DAMN YOU!
(Also I'm playing Yakuza 3 now Andy, so shut yer butt)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:08

Playing Yakuza 3 now does not forgive not playing it in 2021
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:15

The price is why

Goes buy SteamDeck
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
winky face

It took a little bit to realise what you were pointing out here.  Laughing (I also thought that's what it was called in the emote menu)

Muss wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Oh I'll vote, I'm just only going to vote for rogue lites or games with multiple endings. Winky face

Good plan. Thumbs Up! Winky face
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:47

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 19:14

THE MAGNAMALO AWARD FOR NINTENDO GAME OF THE YEAR
(12 voters, 57 votes)

Let's have a look at some of those 8/10s, shall we?  Was it actually the second-best year for Nintendo gaming?

Fifth Place:

Fourth Place:

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is...:

Multiple Votes:

One Vote Each:

And finally...:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 19:54

4th and 5th are bit of a surprise as did think like Balla and we'd see a plumber in one of those spots.

I need to try 4th but wasn't keen on the combat from the demo.

Worthy winner though, which I did go back to then dropped off again, need to go back again before summer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 1:23

Quote :

Axiom Verge 2
Cyber Shadow

I probably should've said a few words on these so let's do that now.  

Axiom Verge 2 -
I think I said this on here before or maybe it was to the mash lads but this is like the opposite to Metroid Dread (in a good way), it has heaps of atmosphere, lore & exploration with it's multi dimension world but the action & boss fights take a big back seat compared to the first one. If you could merge this with the bosses/action of Dread you'd probably have one of if not THE best Metroid-like ever.

I loved it but you'd maybe need to be a die hard of the genre/fan of the first game to get the most out of it.      

Cyber Shadow -
Not sure if anyone else on here played this but it's a fun retro action platformer. Timing of it's release has made it very easy to get lost in the mix with everything else though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 8:13

The correct game won.
And Balla once again reminds me there's a big post I need to write in the BDSP or LGYF threads one of these days but I just can't be arsed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next