We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Kriken
Muss
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Balladeer
neil
masofdas
Rum
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 14:49

I really wasn't expecting a Gen 9 announcement today. I know 3 years is the standard rate now, but this feels too fast to me. It looked like some of what we saw in Legends is back, so here's hoping this is as good as it has the potential to be . . .
Buskalilly wrote:

In BDSP, there is a recurring poster in various houses which seems to be Van Gogh's Starry Night. Van Gough was from the Netherlands, which for a couple of centuries was the only country with which Japan would trade or interact. We could be seeing windmills, canals and bicycles aplenty!

Peep them windmills! Shifty

Last edited by Buskalilly on Sat 19 Nov 2022 - 22:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 15:16

Oh what! That's really taken me by surprise too. Looks very Legends Arceus-y, which is potentially good gameplay-wise - though you're right, it really doesn't feel like BDSP and PLA have had much time to breathe.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 18:35

We could see three Pokémon games within 366 days, madness.

So it is Spain and the starters are Sprigatito, Fuecoco, Quaxly
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! Pokemon-presents.large

I might start with the Grass cat Sprigatito, as reminds me of Litten, just I like never start with grass.

The website also mentions you'll have different outfits depending on which version you go far, and how it reads sounds like there's a reason for that.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 27 Feb 2022 - 20:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 20:32

Those starters all look good to me
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 21:48

Buskalilly wrote:
I know 3 years is the standard rate now, but this feels too fast to me. It looked like some of what we saw in Legends is back, so here's hoping this is as good as it has the potential to be . . .

Same.  I think we both expected something like, if not exactly, Let's Go Johto.  That would have been good.  Instead we have another main entry, already.  Ludicrous.

That said, I'm going to tentatively say it looks good?  Really colourful environments. They've lost the stealth-catching thing from Legends, but it looks like the open world and the entirely visible Pokémon have made the cut.

Unsure whether to go for green cat or applegator at the moment.  Leaning towards applegator, because I've seen people calling it ugly.  Also I haven't picked a fire-type starter since gen. 3!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 14:17

First time I saw the screenshot, I thought these starters were fanfic 'Mons.

Dino dude for me. Cat and ducky look shite, and I almost always choose water.

As for whether this game needs to exist for another two years - why can't we bask in Legends: Arceus for a little longer? It's good and it took me by complete surprise.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 14:50

Ready to be the Sancho to my Don Quaxly
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 20:07

I should now be leaning back towards Sprigatito, given that all I've seen is people calling it a generic green cat. Trouble is, they're... right? It's cute, but it's also something I could see coming out of Nexomon or another knock-off. And I haven't had a fire-type starter since gen. 3.

stu_the_great wrote:
As for whether this game needs to exist for another two years - why can't we bask in Legends: Arceus for a little longer? It's good and it took me by complete surprise.

Not everybody manages to get 90 hours out of the first area though. Razz

But yes, you're right. I feel like Arceus isn't being given its due. We're sweeping on too quickly without appreciating it enough.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyMon 28 Feb 2022 - 23:40

neil wrote:

Samesies!
The Pokéballs Man wrote:
They've lost the stealth-catching thing from Legends, but it looks like the open world and the entirely visible Pokémon have made the cut.
They didn't show it but we don't know for sure - they didn't show overworld Pokémon in the first Sword and Shield trailer, they teased that out.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 1:35

I only like the fire starter. I dislike the other two but especially the cat, whose face suggests it lost a fight with a leaf.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 8:40

Buskalilly wrote:
neil wrote:

Samesies!
The Pokéballs Man wrote:
They've lost the stealth-catching thing from Legends, but it looks like the open world and the entirely visible Pokémon have made the cut.
They didn't show it but we don't know for sure - they didn't show overworld Pokémon in the first Sword and Shield trailer, they teased that out.

Thing is, clearly these worked on alongside each other that going to be stuff we now like in Legend not S&V and vice versa.

Hopefully since Legends been so popular the next thing they work on take ideas from it, and they just don't forget about things.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 9:03

Balladeer wrote:
Not everybody manages to get 90 hours out of the first area though. Razz

But yes, you're right.  I feel like Arceus isn't being given its due.  We're sweeping on too quickly without appreciating it enough.

Laughing

I'm just hoping that all it has brought to the table won't be swept under the rug for another Sword and Shield. it's been a real reinvigoration for me after years of sliding down the apathy slope.

Looking at the trailer again, I don't see how they can omit stealth in what appears to be such an open environment. It seems to go hand in hand with the sweeping landscapes. Hopefully this is later revealed in a future trailer.

[EDIT]

Me and Mas made exactly the same point about stealth without me even realising. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 9:10

Press release wrote:
The Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games, the newest chapters in the Pokémon series, are coming to Nintendo Switch later this year. With these new titles, the Pokémon series takes a new evolutionary step, allowing you to explore freely in a richly expressed open world.

Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You’ll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You’ll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy.​

It's the bolded bit that makes me think we won't be seeing stealth captures in this game. Of course there could be both like in Legends, but that line feels like an early attempt to control people's expectations for when stealth captures aren't there.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 1 Mar 2022 - 9:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 9:17

I agree doubt we will see in S&V, but might in Legends 2 or Gen 10.

When GF, go people liked that this in Legends & Gen 9 let's do that again, hopefully.

As they didn't just whip up S&V in a month, been years.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyTue 1 Mar 2022 - 9:33

I guess it seems a bit soon because Legends felt like a pretty beefy experience on par with a new gen game.

Hoping that you can at least throw pokeballs outside of battles like in Arceus, catching them like in that game. But we didn't see anything like that in the trailer so I'm a little doubtful.

Still, an apparently fully open world pokemon game now, with likely some other interesting features too. And the expected graphical overhaul too. Exciting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 11:44

masofdas wrote:
Thing is, clearly these worked on alongside each other that going to be stuff we now like in Legend not S&V and vice versa.

Hopefully since Legends been so popular the next thing they work on take ideas from it, and they just don't forget about things.
I was literally talking about an example which you're ignoring in your response?
Let's Go and S&S were worked on alongside eachother, and new additions which we saw in the former were present in the latter. Legends and ScaVi are being released a similar length of time apart, and were presumably worked on for about the same period. Game Freak is a pretty small studio, and what happens in one part of the office doesn't go unnoticed in another.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 11:51

Sorry mate.

Yeah that's a good example of Let's Go and SWiSH. I'm personally going into S&V with view of games take awhile to make, might not have everything I like from Legends and I'm not going to salty that can't stealth catch Mon but maybe can in Gen 10.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 16:01

Much like the rest of you, I was very surprised to see we're getting a mainline entry in the series this year. It does not feel like three years have passed since Sw/Sh. Part of me almost wishes they took a bit more time to polish this one up even shinier, as a bit of visual flair would no doubt go a treat with the open environments they've been teasing.

I've seen that it looks like they're heading to Spain/Portugal with these entries, which is neat! Also, as much as it might be a bit basic, I'm all in on grass cat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 20:54

From your .gif preferences I'm not surprised. Winky Face

I think it looks nice already. Of course the frame rate's dreadful, but I've got every confidence that will change (it did in PLA), and it's much more vibrant colours-wise than PLA was.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 8:00

masofdas wrote:
Sorry mate.
No worries dog.

Quote :
Yeah that's a good example of Let's Go and SWiSH. I'm personally going into S&V with view of games take awhile to make, might not have everything I like from Legends and I'm not going to salty that can't stealth catch Mon but maybe can in Gen 10.
I'm sceptical about whether we'll get the stealth catching, not because of time constraints but just because I don't know if that's what they want to do in the main series. Let's Go and Legends both had no-battle catching but Sword and Shield didn't make any movement in that direction at all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 1 Jun 2022 - 16:52

Some great designs in this trailer. Lechonk is beautiful and precious. Four-player simultaneous Pokémon feels more like a gimmick than anything else, but I guess we'll see...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 1 Jun 2022 - 19:24

https://twitter.com/PokemonNewsUK/status/1531985405729464323

That's brilliant news. Just let me stoat about with my Lechonk at my own pace, that's all I want and need.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyWed 1 Jun 2022 - 21:52

Be great if can go to any gym at any time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 1:46

World looks empty. Earth texture looks like shit. Still no voice acting. Character models ripped straight from Xenoblade X. Looks like a terrible game, Pokémon is done. This will kill the franchise 100%
Balladeer wrote:
Four-player simultaneous Pokémon feels more like a gimmick than anything else, but I guess we'll see...
Oh yeah, almost certainly. There were raids and stuff in Sword and Shield, plus you could kinda see other players in the wild area. Overall though, that stuff could be ignored.

Legendaries have a spinny bit in the middle. I wonder if they're supposed to windmill-esque a la Don Quixote?

Anyway, I've seen enough now. Time for a Pokémon news blackout until release!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 8:26

I have to admit the 4 player stuff completely passed me by until I read it here, the raids in Sword & Shield were decent though so I've got high hopes for them building on it.

I won't have much more to say though, will want to try and so some sort of blackout too although that's near impossible nowadays with the Pokémon Company insisting on showing every little detail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next